Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats to Middle
Bookmark and Share
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
Congrats to Middle
Kermit Davis has done hella job the last 5 years but I believe this is his best squad yet. My favorite part of the game last night was near the end. It was over. Reggie had taken off for the other end and left his feet. I believe he was going to kick it to Giddy and not really sure what happened. Maybe Giddy was looking at Kermit who was practically on the floor. Reggie ended up coming down and walking.

Kermit yelled and Giddy yelled. Reggie yelled right back. Giddy said something and popped him on the butt and Reggie barked back at him again.

This in a game they were winning. Some would say uh-oh...trouble in paradise. That's not what I saw. I saw two Alphas that hate losing. That hate a turnover even in an apparently obvious win. I loved that Reggie didn't back down from Giddy. Both guys had tremendous games. Every time Marshall would cut it down Reggie would come down and do his methodical post up and spin move for a baby hook that was money.

When Marshall started running out of gas Giddy stepped on their throats. Not with his 3s. Taking it to the rack against some guys that don't guard well off the dribble.

Kudos to Marshall. I loved the fight in them. It was quality, entertaining hoops for a conference championship game.

I told KAjunRaider last year after they won the tourney that they'd be a matchup nightmare for somebody. He kinda went into just happy to be going. When I saw their matchup I didn't love it. But it in no way surprised me they beat Michigan State. I feel they can make it to the Sweet 16. I'm not going to add 'with the right matchups'. I think they can make no matter who they play. I'd prefer they don't get an 8 or 9 seed. I don't see the powers giving them a 7. So I'd like to see them with a 10-12 seed. If Middle fans think they've got rep from being Top 25 wait until you make a Sweet 16. So much love from the media.
03-12-2017 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: Congrats to Middle
Thanks dahbeed. It feels kind of like an upside down world where Western is back-to-back champs in football and Middle is back-to-back champs in basketball. Cheers!
03-12-2017 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(03-12-2017 10:06 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Thanks dahbeed. It feels kind of like an upside down world where Western is back-to-back champs in football and Middle is back-to-back champs in basketball. Cheers!

It is upside down looking at what each school is more known for. Doesn't matter. Good times for both schools. Both have carried their weight imo since coming into CUSA. I felt we always did in the Sun Belt as well.

As much as I'd love to rag on Middle simply because I was raised that way I enjoy watching a good hoops team. Reggie is one of my favorite players to watch as I think he does every single skill on the floor well. I loved seeing him bark back at Giddy last night because he usually has an impassive 'too cool for school' look on his face.

I liked seeing Giddy bark too as a floor leader. I don't care that Dixon is the point god. Giddy is the leader of that backcourt. Jacorey has been a great add this year but to me Upshaw and Potts are the heart of that team. They have swag that has been earned on the court. I feel sorry for whoever they face in the first round. It's a bad draw for whoever gets them since they'll probably be underseeded.
03-12-2017 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Congrats to the Blue Raiders for your Championship season. Best of luck in the Big Dance.
03-12-2017 03:51 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Congrats, MT!
03-12-2017 04:12 PM
CrushMI Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
(03-12-2017 10:06 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Thanks dahbeed. It feels kind of like an upside down world where Western is back-to-back champs in football and Middle is back-to-back champs in basketball. Cheers!

If you would've told me 3-4 years ago heading into CUSA, 1 team would have back-to-back Basketball Championships with an NCAA upset win, and 1 team with back-to-back football championships....No one would've ever predicted the WKU in football and MT in hoops.

Crazy how things have played out...
03-12-2017 07:08 PM
Advertisement

Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

(03-12-2017 07:08 PM)CrushMI Wrote:  

If you would've told me 3-4 years ago heading into CUSA, 1 team would have back-to-back Basketball Championships with an NCAA upset win, and 1 team with back-to-back football championships....No one would've ever predicted the WKU in football and MT in hoops.

Just goes to show you that it was not the teams the Cusa invited from the "Big Markets" that bring home the Trophys or that even helped with the TV revenue.

Good luck MTSU take out another Big 10 school like you did last year and keep on going.
03-12-2017 08:01 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Y'all are going to beat MN imo. Good luck and enjoy this week
03-12-2017 08:10 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I'm pulling for Middle. Y'all are much better than a 12 seed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
03-12-2017 08:28 PM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
(03-12-2017 08:01 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  

Just goes to show you that it was not the teams the Cusa invited from the "Big Markets" that bring home the Trophys or that even helped with the TV revenue.

Good luck MTSU take out another Big 10 school like you did last year and keep on going.

Ain't that the truth!
03-13-2017 09:12 AM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Reading the gophers boards, they're pretty offended. I suppose I would be too if I was a 5 seed and no one was picking me to win. They are the weakest 5 seed in my opinion. They seem to do a lot of mentioning their size, attacking middle's weak conference schedule and the teams that they lost to. FIU was the wtf loss but they don't realize how better utep had gotten over the year because they're just reading RPI. I honestly wish the media wasn't hyping y'all up so much because that's just added pressure for y'all and more ammunition for Minnesota to feel they're not being respected.

Sent from my SM-G928P using CSNbbs mobile app
03-13-2017 09:18 AM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
MTSU by 5...
03-13-2017 09:20 AM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-13-2017 09:18 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Reading the gophers boards, they're pretty offended. I suppose I would be too if I was a 5 seed and no one was picking me to win. They are the weakest 5 seed in my opinion. They seem to do a lot of mentioning their size, attacking middle's weak conference schedule and the teams that they lost to. FIU was the wtf loss but they don't realize how better utep had gotten over the year because they're just reading RPI. I honestly wish the media wasn't hyping y'all up so much because that's just added pressure for y'all and more ammunition for Minnesota to feel they're not being respected.

Yeah, at the end of the day we're still the underdog, but it doesn't really feel like it given all the media hype. They are definitely the weakest 5. I feel like the committee underseeded us and overseeded them, but matched us up to make it a wash.
03-13-2017 09:27 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(03-13-2017 09:12 AM)LaTechBanjo Wrote:  

Ain't that the truth!

I'm glad our presence in the South Florida, San Antonio, and Dallas market was able to get us that terrific ASN deal.
03-13-2017 11:16 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(03-13-2017 09:18 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  Reading the gophers boards, they're pretty offended. I suppose I would be too if I was a 5 seed and no one was picking me to win. They are the weakest 5 seed in my opinion. They seem to do a lot of mentioning their size, attacking middle's weak conference schedule and the teams that they lost to. FIU was the wtf loss but they don't realize how better utep had gotten over the year because they're just reading RPI. I honestly wish the media wasn't hyping y'all up so much because that's just added pressure for y'all and more ammunition for Minnesota to feel they're not being respected.

Yep back in 2009 we were a 12th seed facing Illinois and the whole week was about Illinois size and no way a small team from a small conference could be a mighty Big Ten team....They had 7-3 guy along with another 7 footer and they would dominate vs. our smaller players...After we won the game, the Illini fans were still dizzy seeing our much quicker players flying around their slow big guys for easy dunks...We would go on to lose to the Zags on a layup by a now NFL football player....I still do not know to this day why our big did not jump up and block the shot, he just half jumped...Nerveless those were the years and last time we were relevant on the national scene in hoops......
03-13-2017 11:43 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(03-13-2017 11:16 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(03-13-2017 09:12 AM)LaTechBanjo Wrote:  

Ain't that the truth!

I'm glad our presence in the South Florida, San Antonio, and Dallas market was able to get us that terrific ASN deal.

Let's not leave out Norfolk, #78 most populous city and CUSA's #1 in whining. Couldn't have done it without you guys 04-cheers
03-13-2017 12:58 PM
Advertisement

MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Roads

37th largest metro area in the country dumb dumb.
03-13-2017 01:01 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
(03-13-2017 01:01 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Roads

37th largest metro area in the country dumb dumb.

Norfolk is the 37th largest city ? Not Kansas?

My post was not about "metro", don't ***** about what I never wrote.

http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uscities_100.html
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 01:24 PM by FIU4Ever.)
03-13-2017 01:22 PM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame
Congratulations Raiders and Raider fans from this eternal Memphis and long time CUSA fan. Best fortune and best of luck to you guys all the way through the championship game!!
03-13-2017 01:37 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
[Image: C6zsad-VsAE41ea.jpg]
03-13-2017 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.