MyBB Article on Birmingham losing interest in hosting C-USA Tournaments
03-11-2017 04:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UNT15 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Article on Birmingham losing interest in hosting C-USA Tournaments
They'll probably have a good crowd for the season opener since it's the return of football, and MTSU will probably bring a few thousand down so that game will have decent attendance too. Other than that, I doubt UAB has more than 15k butts in seats for the other 4 games. But I'm super stoked about the return of UAB football - gotta love that extra win for the Mean Green this fall
03-11-2017 06:01 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(03-11-2017 06:01 PM)UNT15 Wrote:  They'll probably have a good crowd for the season opener since it's the return of football, and MTSU will probably bring a few thousand down so that game will have decent attendance too. Other than that, I doubt UAB has more than 15k butts in seats for the other 4 games. But I'm super stoked about the return of UAB football - gotta love that extra win for the Mean Green this fall

UAB will have good home crowds for most of the games the first year at a minimum. I'd say good crowds for Alabama A&M, Coastal Carolina, LT, and MTSU. Sucks that we play so many Texas schools just because of the distance, but I guess CUSA is just in a bad geographical spot regardless. At least we get LT, Southern Miss, and MTSU every year.

We'll revisit the bold comment in September :)
03-11-2017 07:54 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-11-2017 06:01 PM)UNT15 Wrote:  They'll probably have a good crowd for the season opener since it's the return of football, and MTSU will probably bring a few thousand down so that game will have decent attendance too. Other than that, I doubt UAB has more than 15k butts in seats for the other 4 games. But I'm super stoked about the return of UAB football - gotta love that extra win for the Mean Green this fall
I just wanted to preserve this post for posterity.

Sent from my XT1565 using CSNbbs mobile app
03-11-2017 10:29 PM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Huntington 2017!
03-11-2017 10:49 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(03-11-2017 04:02 PM)Proud El Pasoan Wrote:  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/...on_op.html

Please don't feed the troll moonlighting as a reporter.

He based that interview on , ...well we aren't quite sure yet
03-11-2017 11:12 PM
Advertisement

johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MTSU
Article on Birmingham losing interest in hosting C-USA Tournaments
After the game, my family was walking to the car when a bunch of people starting running out saying shots fired.

After running out back to legacy arena with my 4 kids and wife, we waited and I made my way back to my vehicle where I armed myself. Let's just say I had one in the chamber with all the hood rats. Birmingham is a crap hole.

I am considering taking legal action against C-USA for not allowing concealed carry and endangering family.
03-12-2017 12:26 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

(03-12-2017 12:26 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  After the game, my family was walking to the car when a bunch of people starting running out saying shots fired.

After running out back to legacy arena with my 4 kids and wife, we waited and I made my way back to my vehicle where I armed myself. Let's just say I had one in the chamber with all the hood rats. Birmingham is a crap hole.

I am considering taking legal action against C-USA for not allowing concealed carry and endangering family.

I can't find "shots fired at the BJCC" on the news so I'm guessing nothing happened because the news would be all over that already. BJCC area doesn't really have gun crime
03-12-2017 01:13 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
That's funny because I was there and there were no shots fired. No police reports filed about shots fired. No one there mentioned anything. Whatever dude. Next time lock yourself up in your panic room so no one can get you.

Btw why would we only average 15,000 when we averaged almost 26?

Webbave had years where we have average 24-26k before. If I were a NT fan I'd keep my pie hole shut about attendance.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 01:47 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-12-2017 01:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(03-12-2017 12:26 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  After the game, my family was walking to the car when a bunch of people starting running out saying shots fired.

03-lmfao Please
03-12-2017 03:07 AM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

An Empty Sue?
03-12-2017 03:14 AM
Advertisement

johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

I didn't say "shots fired". the people running out of a parking garage did. And what are you talking about a panic room?

I really hope this city is not picked again.

Birmingham, Ala.
Population: 213,258.
Violent crime rate: 1,483 per 100,000 residents.
Birmingham's persistently high crime rate can be attributed to the drug trade and its high poverty rate -- 26% versus 17% for the state as a whole, according to the U.S. Census Dept.
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45jgg...ngham-ala/

(03-12-2017 01:45 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  That's funny because I was there and there were no shots fired. No police reports filed about shots fired. No one there mentioned anything. Whatever dude. Next time lock yourself up in your panic room so no one can get you.

Webbave had years where we have average 24-26k before. If I were a NT fan I'd keep my pie hole shut about attendance.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 04:16 AM by johndavidblue.)
03-12-2017 03:22 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

(03-12-2017 03:22 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  I didn't say "shots fired". the people running out of a parking garage did. And what are you talking about a panic room?

Birmingham, Ala.
Birmingham's persistently high crime rate can be attributed to the drug trade and its high poverty rate -- 26% versus 17% for the state as a whole, according to the U.S. Census Dept.

(03-12-2017 01:45 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  That's funny because I was there and there were no shots fired. No police reports filed about shots fired. No one there mentioned anything. Whatever dude. Next time lock yourself up in your panic room so no one can get you.

Again, the BJCC area doesn't have high crime and the UAB campus crime rate is equivalent to that of the MTSU campus. MTSU and UAB are both rated at a C+ for crime last time I checked

And yeah, you didn't say it, but you said someone else did so you were insinuating shots were fired since you were wishing concealed carry was allowed at the tournament...or does some random person you don't know making something up make you wish you were carrying a gun normally? Lol

I mean I get it, walking around nearly any larger city at night can be scary if there's not a lot of people around, but come on

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
03-12-2017 05:05 AM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

Dude. Nashville is a lot bigger than this town. What point are you trying to make?

(03-12-2017 05:05 AM)Shrack Wrote:  
(03-12-2017 03:22 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  I didn't say "shots fired". the people running out of a parking garage did. And what are you talking about a panic room?

Birmingham, Ala.

Again, the BJCC area doesn't have high crime and the UAB campus crime rate is equivalent to that of the MTSU campus. MTSU and UAB are both rated at a C+ for crime last time I checked

And yeah, you didn't say it, but you said someone else did so you were insinuating shots were fired since you were wishing concealed carry was allowed at the tournament...or does some random person you don't know making something up make you wish you were carrying a gun normally? Lol

I mean I get it, walking around nearly any larger city at night can be scary if there's not a lot of people around, but come on

03-12-2017 05:10 AM
Shrack Offline
All American

(03-12-2017 05:10 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  Dude. Nashville is a lot bigger than this town. What point are you trying to make?

(03-12-2017 05:05 AM)Shrack Wrote:  

Birmingham, Ala.

You're complaining about crime rate and how you wished you had a gun because the BJCC area was just oh-so-scary! but that area doesn't have high crime. Someone scared you by talking about gun shots you didn't hear and they apparently didn't happen. So what was YOUR point?

03-12-2017 05:15 AM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

20 people running out of a parking garage yelling shots fired. You want to argue that is normal?

I'm still trying to get your angle. Are you saying it is regular behavior for that to happen in Birmingham?
03-12-2017 05:31 AM
Advertisement

Shrack Offline
All American

(03-12-2017 05:31 AM)johndavidblue Wrote:  20 people running out of a parking garage yelling shots fired. You want to argue that is normal?

I'm still trying to get your angle. Are you saying it is regular behavior for that to happen in Birmingham?
Obviously that's not normal. If it happened I'm sure it'll be on the news soon. So did you call the police?

And obviously Birmingham as a whole has one of the worst violent crime rates in the nation, but a 1 in 57 (Birmingham) chance isn't that much different from a 1 in 89 (Nashville) chance. They're still both higher violent crime rates than 94% of the country. All cities have areas that you shouldn't be going into and all cities have areas that are perfectly fine. That's my point

03-12-2017 05:46 AM
johndavidblue Offline
2nd String

Hell yes I called the police.

There was a gathering of about 40 people on the ground floor of the garage videoing a bunch of Blue lights from police cars outside of the garage when we finally left. I didn't stay around long enough to find out what it was.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 05:59 AM by johndavidblue.)
03-12-2017 05:55 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Lol the blue lights are because they were hosting an event at Boutwell Auditorium the place that parking deck belongs to and the blue lights were traffic control. Not because shots were fired. The "blue lights" were in place before the game and amazingly sitting in the exact same place after the game and the officers were there for crowd control and directing the traffic and make sure everyone stayed safe. They were there for the event the facility was hosting at the same time. There was a line of cars before the game dropping people off out front that had traffic backed up and I was caught up in the traffic leaving after the game.

Nice try.

i guess there is no crime in Nashville ( cuts eyes at poster) . I spend a lot of time there so I know.

I now hope it's in birmingham again just to see Tech fans cry and you stay home.

Btw I'm pulling for MTSU but it whiny people like you that take the cake. If I didn't know better I'd swear you are a LT fan.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 08:52 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-12-2017 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Oh and don't feed the troll on the article.
03-12-2017 08:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.