http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...tory.html‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-11-2017 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: mwc to consider cutting the cord
(03-11-2017 02:30 PM)billings Wrote:  http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spor...tory.html‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AAC should throw life vests to Air Force and Colorado State and call it a day.

Playing better teams in better time zones would help them out.

[Image: 1369308.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 02:43 PM by BigEastHomer.)
03-11-2017 02:39 PM
MplsBison Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Saber rattling
03-11-2017 02:41 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Well with the success we are having on the MW Digital Network (see my post on the MW board in the inactive area), we have been making a profit now...although very little but with the year over year increase in viewership, that'll put more revenue from the MWDN broadcasts.
If we put the higher profile games on the MWDN that give a bigger increase in views for us.

I think the AD's are seeing we are losing more $$ in attendance with the very late start times than what little the $1 million in TV gives the MW schools.
03-11-2017 03:32 PM

Attackcoog Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(03-11-2017 03:32 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Well with the success we are having on the MW Digital Network (see my post on the MW board in the inactive area), we have been making a profit now...although very little but with the year over year increase in viewership, that'll put more revenue from the MWDN broadcasts.
If we put the higher profile games on the MWDN that give a bigger increase in views for us.

I think the AD's are seeing we are losing more $$ in attendance with the very late start times than what little the $1 million in TV gives the MW schools.

That might be true that ticket sales would largely offset the revenue loss. Plus, theres no reason the MW couldn't sell a small package of games to ESPN at agreeable start times, a small package to CBS with agreeable start times--and run the rest through local TV deals and the digital network. That would likely raise at least half what the old contract was worth. The local deals would likely be enough to at least offset most all of the production costs and MWDN costs. The digital ad sales would be pure profit. It might be revenue positive on the whole if done right.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2017 04:06 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-11-2017 04:05 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(03-11-2017 04:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 03:32 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Well with the success we are having on the MW Digital Network (see my post on the MW board in the inactive area), we have been making a profit now...although very little but with the year over year increase in viewership, that'll put more revenue from the MWDN broadcasts.

That might be true that ticket sales would largely offset the revenue loss. Plus, theres no reason the MW couldn't sell a small package of games to ESPN at agreeable start times, a small package to CBS with agreeable start times--and run the rest through local TV deals and the digital network. That would likely raise at least half what the old contract was worth. The local deals would likely be enough to at least offset most all of the production costs and MWDN costs. The digital ad sales would be pure profit. It might be revenue positive on the whole if done right.

Depending on what maybe NBCSN or BeIN Sports may offer the MW, I can see that being a possibility of selling a games independently to national producers. I guess we'll see when that time comes, 3 years is pretty long and a lot a changes will have been made in the digital world.
03-11-2017 04:18 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tOSU SJSU
It's the opposite direction to the MAC

The money is hardly make or break at G5 level. CUSA and SBC barely get anything, and the MAC sold their soul. CBS is obviously not going to pay the AAC or MWC much. It will be interesting to see what the MWC decides to do. Will they build a digital network again? Partner with somebody like Yahoo or Google or Facebook? Is a partnership with the P12N possible.

The AAC folks are delusional if they think they will get an increase. G5 schools are going to have to make a call on whether it's worth a few $100K to have crazy hours. If you lose 20K butts in seats you are probably losing $500K in gate. That is the calculus for 8:45pm kickoffs on Tuesday night.
03-11-2017 04:32 PM

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(03-11-2017 04:32 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  It's the opposite direction to the MAC

The money is hardly make or break at G5 level. CUSA and SBC barely get anything, and the MAC sold their soul. CBS is obviously not going to pay the AAC or MWC much. It will be interesting to see what the MWC decides to do. Will they build a digital network again? Partner with somebody like Yahoo or Google or Facebook? Is a partnership with the P12N possible.

The AAC folks are delusional if they think they will get an increase. G5 schools are going to have to make a call on whether it's worth a few $100K to have crazy hours. If you lose 20K butts in seats you are probably losing $500K in gate. That is the calculus for 8:45pm kickoffs on Tuesday night.

What are you talking about? We have a digital network built up already. http://www.themw.com/page/watch-live
03-11-2017 04:48 PM
Attackcoog Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(03-11-2017 04:32 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  It's the opposite direction to the MAC

The AAC will get a raise. The AAC numbers aren't anything like CUSA's numbers and are much higher than even the MW numbers. There is a difference.
03-11-2017 05:17 PM
billybobby777 Offline
Fighting the cartel 5

I Root For: ECU, Army
(03-11-2017 04:18 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(03-11-2017 04:05 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Depending on what maybe NBCSN or BeIN Sports may offer the MW, I can see that being a possibility of selling a games independently to national producers. I guess we'll see when that time comes, 3 years is pretty long and a lot a changes will have been made in the digital world.

What happened to the MTN? Equipment, studio, trucks etc.
Can the MTN tv network be brought back?
Cheers!
03-11-2017 05:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.