Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

American Sports Network to reportedly cease operation at the end of this month
Bookmark and Share
prisonmike Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga Southern
American Sports Network to reportedly cease operation at the end of this month
How will this impact the Arizona Bowl and the Sun Belt Conference as a whole?

Link: http://awfulannouncing.com/local-network...month.html
03-10-2017 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

eaglewraith Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: American Sports Network to reportedly cease operation at the end of this month
Arizona Bowl was on Campus Insiders I thought.
03-10-2017 02:42 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
RE: American Sports Network to reportedly cease operation at the end of this month
(03-10-2017 02:41 PM)prisonmike Wrote:  How will this impact the Arizona Bowl and the Sun Belt Conference as a whole?

Meh, I couldn't get it, Sinclair sucks, they weren't paying us squat. Its better if the Arizona Bowl can't even pretend to be televised unless they really are televised.

For the Belt, we lose a few broadcast games. Maybe we can do a Raycom type deal to get some of the games picked up on the air by broadcasters. For the Arizona Bowl, its better because they'll have to find someone real to broadcast the game, or stop pretending the game has any exposure.

---

I think this is MUCH worse for others, including the CAA and CUSA.
03-10-2017 02:52 PM
EigenEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
It was not a big deal to get them on board. Not a big deal to lose them.

CUSA on the other hand...
03-10-2017 02:52 PM

HighlandsApp Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: AppState
(03-10-2017 02:52 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 02:41 PM)prisonmike Wrote:  How will this impact the Arizona Bowl and the Sun Belt Conference as a whole?

Meh, I couldn't get it, Sinclair sucks, they weren't paying us squat. Its better if the Arizona Bowl can't even pretend to be televised unless they really are televised.

For the Belt, we lose a few broadcast games. Maybe we can do a Raycom type deal to get some of the games picked up on the air by broadcasters. For the Arizona Bowl, its better because they'll have to find someone real to broadcast the game, or stop pretending the game has any exposure.

---

I think this is MUCH worse for others, including the CAA and CUSA.

Looks like the made for TV conference is a total BUST!

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017/3/10...ein-sports

I think on the next go around, the Sun Belt should say no more weeknight games and concentrate only on Saturday In Stadium Game Experience. Weeknights are not for Football.
03-10-2017 03:12 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Arizona Bowl is expected to announce a TV deal soon that will involve an actual I've heard of it channel.
03-10-2017 03:15 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Water Engineer

I don't think weeknight games on crummy TV channels with a stadium of empty seats in most TV frames grows a fan base. I think full stadiums on Saturday afternoons or evenings causes new visitors to want to be a part of the team Further, I think that for a high school prospect, that visiting a full stadium with excited fans beats seeing a game on ESPNU or one of these other channels on a weeknight with an sad empty stadium.

Does anyone like weeknight games?
03-10-2017 03:15 PM

FoUTASportscaster Offline
All American

I Root For: UTA
I'd say find a nice middle ground and limit the schedule to 1 weeknight game per team, regardless of location or opponent.
03-10-2017 03:23 PM
HighlandsApp Offline
Water Engineer

(03-10-2017 03:23 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  I'd say find a nice middle ground and limit the schedule to 1 weeknight game per team, regardless of location or opponent.

That would be tolerable. So only one home weeknight game every other year for each team or one home weeknight home game per team each year?
03-10-2017 03:40 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
As far as weeknight games... Tuesday and Wednesday games should never happen. That's just ludicrous. Thursday night games I'm ok with, but not exactly thrilled with Friday night games.
03-10-2017 03:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.