This article feels like every article written from 2006-2013
03-09-2017 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: C-USA/UAB
BlazerTalk Award
RE: Fail for Birmingham or UAB?
Dude is clearly a troll that can't keep to one message. Is this an article about UAB Alumni, Birmingham residents, students, C-USA, or millennials and their voting/living habits?
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 09:30 AM by demiveeman.)
03-09-2017 09:27 AM
mixduptransistor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Well, someone already did the "What's new on Netflix" story on al.com this month so he had to write something
03-09-2017 09:30 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

They must get paid by the click or the number of comments.
03-09-2017 09:37 AM

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: C-USA/UAB
BlazerTalk Award
I especially like the part where he insinuates that the 90's were the golden years of UAB Basketball.
03-09-2017 09:39 AM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
He made a good point about the students, the tickets are free and you get a ride to and from the game. The students support has been beyond bad. Marketing by UAB, CUSA the city, legacy arena, uptown and every other venue that could have benefited from more bodies in the seats is bad.
Another reason, if you are like me, and you purchased the game package last year, you felt burnt after UAB first game loss. I purchased the package with the image of finals on my mind. Now most here know, I am a big UAB kool -aid drinking, GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL WHEN IT COMES TO UAB, but I am purchasing tickets one game at a time. I expect a much better crowd tonight, and when we win, an even better crowd Friday and Saturday. Heck, if we keep winning, maybe the students will show up.
GO BLAZERS, rebounder2u
03-09-2017 10:22 AM
mrchance33 Offline
2nd String

This probably comes off sexist even though i'm trying not to sound that way, but i've always wondered if the student attendance is hurt by the fact that only 37% of the student population is male. While plenty of UAB female students love sports (Including my girlfriend) I would say that a larger percent of females aren't into sports when compared to men. I've also noticed that after the team started losing the frats at large have almost completely disappeared from the games.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 10:36 AM by mrchance33.)
03-09-2017 10:35 AM

Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(03-09-2017 10:35 AM)mrchance33 Wrote:  This probably comes off sexist even though i'm trying not to sound that way, but i've always wondered if the student attendance is hurt by the fact that only 37% of the student population is male. While plenty of UAB female students love sports (Including my girlfriend) I would say that a larger percent of females aren't into sports when compared to men. I've also noticed that after the team started losing the frats at large have almost completely disappeared from the games.

To clear the matter, yes, it is very sexist.

many of UAB's best student fans are female.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 10:40 AM by Memphis Blazer.)
03-09-2017 10:37 AM
4thDownBlazer Offline
Special Teams

8000 at the first round of the sec tournament. if you watched the game that's a stretch..all conferences are having the same issue. Ours is much more irrelevant from a TV standpoint, which is why we need out ASAP
03-09-2017 10:44 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

(03-09-2017 10:22 AM)Rebounder2u Wrote:  He made a good point about the students, the tickets are free and you get a ride to and from the game. The students support has been beyond bad. Marketing by UAB, CUSA the city, legacy arena, uptown and every other venue that could have benefited from more bodies in the seats is bad.
Another reason, if you are like me, and you purchased the game package last year, you felt burnt after UAB first game loss. I purchased the package with the image of finals on my mind. Now most here know, I am a big UAB kool -aid drinking, GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL WHEN IT COMES TO UAB, but I am purchasing tickets one game at a time. I expect a much better crowd tonight, and when we win, an even better crowd Friday and Saturday. Heck, if we keep winning, maybe the students will show up.
GO BLAZERS, rebounder2u

I see no reason to purchase the package just to watch the other crappy teams play.

It's hard enough watching my own crappy team (at times) play.
03-09-2017 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.