Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tulane football 2005
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

Tulane fans need not get to worried about any potential conflicts with HS football. Only one of our games is on a Friday. But, in the New Orleans area Saturday is the big day for hs football.
02-24-2005 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1ndabag Offline
1st String

I Root For: Abp. Rummel

Didn't ECU get in a bunch of trouble with area HS's a few years back for scheduling games on Fridays?
02-24-2005 02:36 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

That's true, but in Carolina, they only play on Friday nights. In Louisiana they play Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The Catholic league plays only on Satudays. I think a Friday night game actually works in our favor here.
02-24-2005 04:30 PM
Advertisement

1ndabag Offline
1st String

I'm actually a big Catholic League fan (Abp. Rummel alumnus) and it seems like every year we've got tons of games on Saturday.
02-24-2005 04:44 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

We're a Rummel family also. My son played QB at Rummel. We try to make as many games as we can but there are simply too many conflicts with Tulane. We hardly miss a playoff game though.
02-24-2005 06:28 PM
Advertisement

1ndabag Offline
1st String

No kidding? I graduated in '80. Coach Roth was actually the QB back then. I'd be interested to know about your son, when he played etc. I probably watched him play and cheered him on. Go Raiders (except for our unfortunate fight song music :D )
02-24-2005 10:36 PM
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl

Coach Roth is a really good coach. I remember when he was at Jesuit for a little while. As soon as the Rummel job opened up and he stepped up to take it, I knew that you guys would be back soon.
03-03-2005 02:24 PM
Advertisement

Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

1ndabag Wrote:No kidding? I graduated in '80. Coach Roth was actually the QB back then. I'd be interested to know about your son, when he played etc. I probably watched him play and cheered him on. Go Raiders (except for our unfortunate fight song music :D )
Well, he's 37 years old now, so where would that put him?
03-03-2005 02:57 PM
1ndabag Offline
1st String

Sophandros Wrote:Coach Roth is a really good coach. I remember when he was at Jesuit for a little while. As soon as the Rummel job opened up and he stepped up to take it, I knew that you guys would be back soon.
You know I had no idea he coached at Jesuit. Nobody's perfect. 03-wink

Also, when he was QB, his Dad Easton Roth was the HC. Not to turn this into a Catholic League board but the Raiders made a little noise in wrestling this year. I think you guys and BrM have some company coming.

Did I mention I don't like our fight song music? :D
03-03-2005 06:38 PM
Advertisement

1ndabag Offline
1st String

Observer Wrote:
1ndabag Wrote:No kidding?  I graduated in '80.  Coach Roth was actually the QB back then.  I'd be interested to know about your son, when he played etc.    I probably watched him play and cheered him on.  Go Raiders (except for our unfortunate fight song music  :D )
Well, he's 37 years old now, so where would that put him?
Class of '85 which is while I was still in school and not yet paying attention to Rummel sports (as an alumnus) so I don't remember him. I'll have to look it up. Hope he's doing well.
03-03-2005 06:41 PM
Observer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:

You should find him listed as a back-up QB and holder on place-kicks. He is currently doing well.
03-04-2005 11:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.