Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official expansion thread
TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
The only reason we need to expand is to make more money. This would by far be the best and most reasonable options and we could renegotiate and get paid now

Add all sports

1. Colorado state
2. Air Force
3. Boise state
4. SDSU

Basketball only to offset navy
1. Witchita state

* I left byu off but take them
03-05-2017 08:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisTigerFreak Offline
Fear God, Not Man

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Official expansion thread
No.
03-05-2017 08:15 AM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
Isn't there an expansion board or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 08:36 AM by PurpleReigns.)
03-05-2017 08:36 AM
TheBigEastSucks Offline
1st String

I Root For: NO QUARTER
(03-05-2017 08:15 AM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  No.

Who would you like to see added or stay the same?
03-05-2017 08:49 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
I'm over the west coast expansion. Let's not jump the shark. Our football conference is fine and will only improve. I'd like us to turn our hoops league into a top 5 league. That is going to separate us from the g4.

Only exception is getting Army and Air Force.
03-05-2017 09:48 AM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

I Root For: Ghetto State U.
(03-05-2017 09:48 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I'm over the west coast expansion. Let's not jump the shark. Our football conference is fine and will only improve. I'd like us to turn our hoops league into a top 5 league. That is going to separate us from the g4.

Army, Air Force, byu, bsu, Gonzaga, St. Mary's and wsu should be the only schools being considered for expansion.
03-05-2017 10:16 AM
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(03-05-2017 09:48 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  I'm over the west coast expansion. Let's not jump the shark. Our football conference is fine and will only improve. I'd like us to turn our hoops league into a top 5 league. That is going to separate us from the g4.

[Image: 7ac.jpg]

The thread on Wichita, Dayton, and VCU, is more than sufficient.
03-05-2017 10:34 AM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(03-05-2017 10:16 AM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  

Army, Air Force, byu, bsu, Gonzaga, St. Mary's and wsu should be the only schools being considered for expansion.

My thoughts...

Football - only Air Force and Army (Political Clout and TV $$$)

Basketball - Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton or St Louis
03-05-2017 10:37 AM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

(03-05-2017 10:37 AM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 10:16 AM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  

My thoughts...

Football - only Air Force and Army (Political Clout and TV $$$)

Basketball - Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton or St Louis

Not a bad scenario either.
03-05-2017 10:40 AM
Puckhead48E Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SMU
People really think getting the AFA or, God forbid, Army, is somehow going to make some political hay towards becoming a true P6? Put the pipe down and back away from the bottle. That idea is about as bright as thinking some 4 timezone cross-country conference is somehow going to create the rivalries that grow viewership and a following amongst t-shirt fans.

****...next you're going to tell me you think the AAC is dragging UCONN men's hoops down and that they would have been led by Ollie on another championship run if they stayed in the big East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-05-2017 12:07 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
My thoughts...no expansion. At all. No bball-only's, no all-sports members, nobody!! Why does everyone insist on adding more mouths to feed, with an already pitiful payout?
03-05-2017 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

(03-05-2017 12:21 PM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  My thoughts...no expansion. At all. No bball-only's, no all-sports members, nobody!! Why does everyone insist on adding more mouths to feed, with an already pitiful payout?

true
03-05-2017 12:28 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Happy we have a Commish with an extensive background in television.

Not worried about the pitiful payout that was negotiated when the conference was in survival mode.

The gains made since that time in performance and growing an audience have created some unique opportunities to evolve the membership and identity of the conference in preparation for our next contract.

IMO, the conference needs to adjust the membership to reflect the other basketball superconferences. Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton, increase value for the AAC in the aggregate.
03-05-2017 12:30 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
Add Wichita all sports but fb, if they want football make them play fcs for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
03-05-2017 12:44 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
AAC needs to expand

we need some help in hoops and we need some help in football
03-05-2017 01:00 PM
Fear God, Not Man

(03-05-2017 08:49 AM)TheBigEastSucks Wrote:  

Since you summoned my expert opinion (#snicker), for football I would only add Boise and BYU. They've already turned us down so stay put at 12. This has already been beaten to death. This is why I just said "No."

For all other sports I would add Wichita State ONLY if ESPN tells us they bring more OR equal money to what each team will get at the next contract negotiation. This is my first choice scenario. If that works out, I like the idea of also adding Dayton and VCU for all sports minus football ONLY if they ADD value. I like the idea of the regional pairings someone suggested: Cinci/Dayton, UConn/Temple, VCU/ECU, UCF/USF, Houston/SMU, Tulsa/Wichita, and Memphis/Tulane. An 11/3 split still gives the all sport schools the super majority and is not like the old Big East.
03-05-2017 01:04 PM
Advertisement

sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(03-05-2017 01:00 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  AAC needs to expand

we need some help in hoops and we need some help in football

Not much help in FB beyond those schools that already screwed us in Boise and by extension SDST. BYU will never be a consensus pick, probably not getting enough conference votes. All the others are borderline FB help at best.
03-05-2017 01:07 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-05-2017 01:04 PM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  

Since you summoned my expert opinion (#snicker), for football I would only add Boise and BYU. They've already turned us down so stay put at 12. This has already been beaten to death. This is why I just said "No."

For all other sports I would add Wichita State ONLY if ESPN tells us they bring more OR equal money to what each team will get at the next contract negotiation. This is my first choice scenario. If that works out, I like the idea of also adding Dayton and VCU for all sports minus football ONLY if they ADD value. I like the idea of the regional pairings someone suggested: Cinci/Dayton, UConn/Temple, VCU/ECU, UCF/USF, Houston/SMU, Tulsa/Wichita, and Memphis/Tulane. An 11/3 split still gives the all sport schools the super majority and is not like the old Big East.

I will re-post my proposal from another thread:

There are a lot of ways scheduling could work in a 14-team league. I would imagine it would start with pairing up travel partners as annual home-and-homes like such:

UConn - Temple
Cincinnati - Dayton
East Carolina - VCU
UCF - USF
Memphis - Tulane
Houston - SMU
Tulsa - Wichita State

Divisions would not be necessary at that point. You play your regional rival twice a year, plus 4 other teams home-and-home. You play the remaining 8 teams only once (in pairs for travel purposes) for a total of 18 conference games. I will use my school as an example:

Cincinnati's schedule in year 1 of the new AAC:

Week 1: @ Wichita State, @ Tulsa
Week 2: East Carolina, VCU
Week 3: @ UCF, @ USF
Week 4: Houston, SMU
Week 5: @ Dayton
Week 6: Memphis, Tulane
Week 7: @ UConn, @ Temple
Week 8: Wichita State, Tulsa
Week 9: @ East Carolina, @ VCU
Week 10: Dayton

So you have your school, your regional rival, and 6 pairs of geographic rivals. You play 2 of those pairs twice in year 1, then the next 2 pairs in year 2, the next 2 pairs in year 3, then you start over again in year 4.
03-05-2017 01:08 PM
Fear God, Not Man

(03-05-2017 01:08 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 01:04 PM)MemphisTigerFreak Wrote:  

I will re-post my proposal from another thread:

There are a lot of ways scheduling could work in a 14-team league. I would imagine it would start with pairing up travel partners as annual home-and-homes like such:

UConn - Temple
Cincinnati - Dayton
East Carolina - VCU
UCF - USF
Memphis - Tulane
Houston - SMU
Tulsa - Wichita State

Divisions would not be necessary at that point. You play your regional rival twice a year, plus 4 other teams home-and-home. You play the remaining 8 teams only once (in pairs for travel purposes) for a total of 18 conference games. I will use my school as an example:

Cincinnati's schedule in year 1 of the new AAC:

Week 1: @ Wichita State, @ Tulsa
Week 2: East Carolina, VCU
Week 3: @ UCF, @ USF
Week 4: Houston, SMU
Week 5: @ Dayton
Week 6: Memphis, Tulane
Week 7: @ UConn, @ Temple
Week 8: Wichita State, Tulsa
Week 9: @ East Carolina, @ VCU
Week 10: Dayton

So you have your school, your regional rival, and 6 pairs of geographic rivals. You play 2 of those pairs twice in year 1, then the next 2 pairs in year 2, the next 2 pairs in year 3, then you start over again in year 4.

I would even be ok with 20 conference games. That way every 2 years you go through everyone home/home.
03-05-2017 01:36 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(03-05-2017 12:30 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  Happy we have a Commish with an extensive background in television.

Not worried about the pitiful payout that was negotiated when the conference was in survival mode.

The gains made since that time in performance and growing an audience have created some unique opportunities to evolve the membership and identity of the conference in preparation for our next contract.

IMO, the conference needs to adjust the membership to reflect the other basketball superconferences. Wichita State, VCU, and Dayton, increase value for the AAC in the aggregate.

WSU, VCU and Dayton won't add bumpkiss to the pitiful payout we're getting now and in the future.

What's that stupid saying..."Football drives the bus"? Remind me again which of those schools play D1-A football. I'll take my answer off the air.
03-05-2017 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.