Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scheduling agreement with Liberty?
Bookmark and Share
Ewglenn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Scheduling agreement with Liberty?
"This scheduling agreement could allow the Flames to play 4-6 games per season against another G5 conference, such as the Conference USA or Sun Belt, and then schedule another 4-6 games against other Independent schools and Power 5 opponents with 1 FCS game per season."

Apparently Liberty is trying to get a Notre Dame/ACC agreement. The SBC and CUSA are being the main ones talked about. Would y'all be interested in this? Would this be essentially a tryout for them to get into the conference if needed later on? I'm just looking to see what the pros and cons in yalls mind would be of agreeing to this.
03-02-2017 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

EigenEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Scheduling agreement with Liberty?
(03-02-2017 08:38 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  "This scheduling agreement could allow the Flames to play 4-6 games per season against another G5 conference, such as the Conference USA or Sun Belt, and then schedule another 4-6 games against other Independent schools and Power 5 opponents with 1 FCS game per season."

Apparently Liberty is trying to get a Notre Dame/ACC agreement. The SBC and CUSA are being the main ones talked about. Would y'all be interested in this? Would this be essentially a tryout for them to get into the conference if needed later on? I'm just looking to see what the pros and cons in yalls mind would be of agreeing to this.

I'll believe it when I see it.
03-02-2017 08:45 AM
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
(03-02-2017 08:38 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  "This scheduling agreement could allow the Flames to play 4-6 games per season against another G5 conference, such as the Conference USA or Sun Belt, and then schedule another 4-6 games against other Independent schools and Power 5 opponents with 1 FCS game per season."

I can't see what's in it for the SBC unless Liberty is throwing money at us to do it. Liberty could really benefit from this type of agreement using it to solidify themselves as an FBS school. Should we need them they will be there and more than willing to join plus there are so many G5 schools in the eastern US they should have no problem filling out a schedule with at least 4 home FBS games (plus the one FCS) every year.

I say if CUSA wants to get in bed with Liberty let um but we should be just fine.
03-02-2017 08:45 AM
Ewglenn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
Just a thought but I would think that maybe their tv network might have something to do with it. I saw somewhere that they reach 90 million households with it. Maybe all those games get televised? Just something I was thinking.
03-02-2017 08:52 AM

eaglewraith Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
nothx
03-02-2017 09:22 AM
CoastalAlum2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Coastal
Unless they are writing the conference MASSIVE checks, there is absolutely zero to be gained from this. Obviously, it would benefit Liberty, but not the Sun Belt.

Being seen as a conference tied to Strayer / Devry / ITT Tech / Liberty does not help anyone's image, whether that is the Sun Belt or CUSA or the MAC or whoever.

And I speak from experience as a Coastal fan.

(PS: keep in mind that their fan base has been pretty clear in their opinion that the Sun Belt is beneath their lofty potential.)
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:26 AM by CoastalAlum2011.)
03-02-2017 09:25 AM
SENOREIDA Offline
2nd String

I would rather schedule games with real school that bring excitement to the fan bases, then be forced to play Liberty.

I get it though if I'm GS and can't force anyone even at gunpoint to play in Statesboro. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:50 AM by SENOREIDA.)
03-02-2017 09:50 AM

Florida RedWolf Online
2nd String

I Root For: arkansas state
Excuse me for asking why some are so upset about Liberty? They made a major effort to become a member of the Sun Belt and it failed. They want to be FBS and had to make their decision to go independent to achieve there objective. Why should that get posters here upset? They do what they want, each of us do what we want. It's fair play. SBC teams schedule FCS schools each year according to their needs, why not the same with Liberty? Are we jealous? Do some just enjoy kicking Liberty? Some are upset because they are a christian school, so what? They are what they are. If it fits a schools scheduling needs, they will be contacted. If it fits Liberty's needs, I suppose they will accept. Lets not make an even more big deal out of this. Personally I support one doing what ever it takes to achieve their athletic goals and give Liberty a big CLAP for doing there thing.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:59 AM by Florida RedWolf.)
03-02-2017 09:52 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Who cares either way. CoastalAlum you need to slow down with the education swipes at Liberty, same goes for just about all Belt schools. They are being judged nationally not regionally like Coastal. GaSt post graduate programs are about the only that has any bragging rights in this conference.
03-02-2017 09:54 AM
SENOREIDA Offline
2nd String

(03-02-2017 09:52 AM)Florida RedWolf Wrote:  Excuse me for asking why some are so upset about Liberty? They made a major effort to become a member of the Sun Belt and it failed. They want to be FBS and had to make their decision to go independent to achieve there objective. Why should that get posters here upset? They do what they want, each of us do what we want. It's fair play. SBC teams schedule FCS schools each year according to their needs, why not the same with Liberty? Are we jealous? Do some just enjoy kicking Liberty? Some are upset because they are a christian school, so what? They are what they are. If it fits a schools scheduling needs, they will be contacted. If it fits Liberty's needs, I suppose they will accept. Lets not make an even more big deal out of this. Personally I support one doing what ever it takes to achieve their athletic goals and give Liberty a big CLAP for doing there thing.

No two works: IAN McCAW
03-02-2017 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.