Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Women's college basketball
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Women's college basketball
The Women's ACC basketball tournament is going on right now. So since GT is playing and apparently has the ROTY in this Italian chic, I figured I'd tune in. And during the ga- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good heavens. I enjoy watching GT volleyball even. But I can't watch women's college basketball. It looks like a bad high school game. Even the Paul Hewitt clogged toilet offense never dreamed of putting up this many sidearm flail shot bricks. Also this bizarro two handed wrist flick shot stuff. Just. Just all of this is ewww. Is WNBA this bad? And if the answer is yes or even somewhat yes ... how do they survive as a pro league?? Who is watching? Who is paying?
03-01-2017 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Women's college basketball
(03-01-2017 04:07 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The Women's ACC basketball tournament is going on right now. So since GT is playing and apparently has the ROTY in this Italian chic, I figured I'd tune in. And during the ga- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good heavens. I enjoy watching GT volleyball even. But I can't watch women's college basketball. It looks like a bad high school game. Even the Paul Hewitt clogged toilet offense never dreamed of putting up this many sidearm flail shot bricks. Also this bizarro two handed wrist flick shot stuff. Just. Just all of this is ewww. Is WNBA this bad? And if the answer is yes or even somewhat yes ... how do they survive as a pro league?? Who is watching? Who is paying?

Georgia Tech WBB just really sucks. Perhaps you should tune into WBB programs, who don't suck/get decent ratings. And those must exist considering the UCONN WBB game vs South Carolina was the most watched game this year on ESPN2 (Men's or Women's).

Pathetic troll for the creator of this site. 07-coffee3
03-01-2017 04:26 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
I've heard the WNBA might get shut down after Stern passes.

Women's beach volleyball is amazing. Women's tennis is great. Women's soccer is decent. Women's hoops & hockey are unwatchable to me.
03-01-2017 04:35 PM

(03-01-2017 04:26 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Georgia Tech WBB just really sucks. Perhaps you should tune into WBB programs, who don't suck/get decent ratings. And those must exist considering the UCONN WBB game vs South Carolina was the most watched game this year on ESPN2 (Men's or Women's).

Having one single game being the most watched basketball game on ESPN2 does nothing to validate the product.

I can't help but notice there are no ESPN2 games in this ratings leaderboard for this season: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/02/...es-season/

So, throw me a rope long enough so I can dangle down and find this mythical rating of yours which somehow redeems a very very marginal sport.
03-01-2017 04:38 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
It is hard to watch, very hard. I love my Irish but I only watch come tourney time, even then I have to resist the urge to turn on Gilligan Island re-runs.
03-01-2017 04:41 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
I watch quite a bit of d-2 WBB and its' very much like High School. There are a handful of d-1 programs who get the best players but for the most part these are not "special" athletes playing WBB.
03-01-2017 05:10 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
I am an ND fan and find women's basketball, including UConn and the Irish--currently #1 and #2 in the country, I believe (even when playing each other) to be unwatchable.

To each their own, I guess.
03-01-2017 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-01-2017 04:38 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 04:26 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Georgia Tech WBB just really sucks. Perhaps you should tune into WBB programs, who don't suck/get decent ratings. And those must exist considering the UCONN WBB game vs South Carolina was the most watched game this year on ESPN2 (Men's or Women's).

Having one single game being the most watched basketball game on ESPN2 does nothing to validate the product.

I can't help but notice there are no ESPN2 games in this ratings leaderboard for this season: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/02/...es-season/

So, throw me a rope long enough so I can dangle down and find this mythical rating of yours which somehow redeems a very very marginal sport.

It validates certain games/programs within the sport (ie my initial point). Try to watch a school that doesn't suck a**. You were basically watching a BC Men's Basketball game...what did you expect? As a Georgia Tech sports fan, you shouldn't be surprised when it comes to horrible athletics. Georgia Tech has one of the most dysfunctional/inept/unsuccessful athletic programs in my lifetime. You are the Rutgers of the ACC. Congratulations.
03-01-2017 05:30 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I traded in WBB for WVB a while ago and couldn't be happier. Women are hotter as well....
03-01-2017 05:39 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-01-2017 05:39 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I traded in WBB for WVB a while ago and couldn't be happier. Women are hotter as well....

If I want to see hot women, I go out to a bar/club (anywhere in public) and interact with them in person. 03-lmfao Pathetic.
03-01-2017 07:04 PM

(03-01-2017 05:30 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  It validates certain games/programs within the sport (ie my initial point). Try to watch a school that doesn't suck a**. You were basically watching a BC Men's Basketball game...what did you expect? As a Georgia Tech sports fan, you shouldn't be surprised when it comes to horrible athletics. Georgia Tech has one of the most dysfunctional/inept/unsuccessful athletic programs in my lifetime. You are the Rutgers of the ACC. Congratulations.

[Image: raw]

I won't head down this road with you ... but I will say ... if GT is so terrible, what does that make UCONN football? Also, I'd say other replies on this thread vindicate my assertions. But please, don't let me stop the flow of butthurt coming from you over Title IX Hoops.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 07:09 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-01-2017 07:07 PM
Advertisement

(03-01-2017 07:04 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 05:39 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  I traded in WBB for WVB a while ago and couldn't be happier. Women are hotter as well....

If I want to see hot women, I go out to a bar/club (anywhere in public) and interact with them in person. 03-lmfao Pathetic.

Yuh gonna tell uhm all baht yuh haht cah yuh got pahked in da yawd in Bawlstun dude?

03-lmfao
03-01-2017 07:08 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-01-2017 07:08 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 07:04 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

Yuh gonna tell uhm all baht yuh haht cah yuh got pahked in da yawd in Bawlstun dude?

03-lmfao

Is that your Southern education? About what I thought...
03-01-2017 07:12 PM
MplsBison Offline
Banned

I Root For: NDSU/Minnesota
Watch volleyball.

Don't turn back.
03-01-2017 07:13 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

(03-01-2017 07:07 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 05:30 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  It validates certain games/programs within the sport (ie my initial point). Try to watch a school that doesn't suck a**. You were basically watching a BC Men's Basketball game...what did you expect? As a Georgia Tech sports fan, you shouldn't be surprised when it comes to horrible athletics. Georgia Tech has one of the most dysfunctional/inept/unsuccessful athletic programs in my lifetime. You are the Rutgers of the ACC. Congratulations.

[Image: raw]

I won't head down this road with you ... but I will say ... if GT is so terrible, what does that make UCONN football? Also, I'd say other replies on this thread vindicate my assertions. But please, don't let me stop the flow of butthurt coming from you over Title IX Hoops.

I'm talking about the athletic department as a whole. UCONN wins trophies. Georgia Tech wins....sports forums?
03-01-2017 07:13 PM

(03-01-2017 07:13 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I'm talking about the athletic department as a whole. UCONN wins trophies. Georgia Tech wins....sports forums?

Hey, you can keep every last single women's basketball title to be rewarded until the end of time.

It will still mean less than even just appearing in the New Years Six.

You have four titles in sports that matter. All in men's basketball. Congrats. Georgia Tech has four titles in the sport that matters most: football. And GT won those titles on a purely STEM education path in a world class school without cheating. Are they really student athletes if they can major in such barn burners as Exploratory, Communications, Undeclared, or Finance? Those, BTW, are the majors of all the QBs on UCONN's roster. And the Finance guy? He transferred from NC State. How many players would there be left at UCONN if they were not be able to qualify yet alone hide behind a bullcrap major? So for all your talk and bluster, you're still catastrophically worse than GT in football and baseball, and only a tier better in basketball, and you have crappier long term prospects due to not being in the P5 because you sued like babies when the ACC expanded in '03 and your football stinks so bad all the Southern ACC schools blocked you from entering for Louisville despite their horrendous (comparatively) academics. And oh yea GT does it the right way so that the players who don't make the pro leagues (you know, MOST OF THEM) can have actual careers when they're done with sports.

Color me unimpressed.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 07:40 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-01-2017 07:39 PM
Advertisement

p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-01-2017 05:30 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 04:38 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

It validates certain games/programs within the sport (ie my initial point). Try to watch a school that doesn't suck a**. You were basically watching a BC Men's Basketball game...what did you expect? As a Georgia Tech sports fan, you shouldn't be surprised when it comes to horrible athletics. Georgia Tech has one of the most dysfunctional/inept/unsuccessful athletic programs in my lifetime. You are the Rutgers of the ACC. Congratulations.
LOL. GT does have one NC so lets not disrespect the tennis team.

Championships[edit]
NCAA team championships[edit]
Georgia Tech has won 1 NCAA team national championship.[22]

Women's (1)
Tennis (1): 2007
03-01-2017 10:06 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(03-01-2017 07:39 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 07:13 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  I'm talking about the athletic department as a whole. UCONN wins trophies. Georgia Tech wins....sports forums?

Hey, you can keep every last single women's basketball title to be rewarded until the end of time.

It will still mean less than even just appearing in the New Years Six.

You have four titles in sports that matter. All in men's basketball. Congrats. Georgia Tech has four titles in the sport that matters most: football. And GT won those titles on a purely STEM education path in a world class school without cheating. Are they really student athletes if they can major in such barn burners as Exploratory, Communications, Undeclared, or Finance? Those, BTW, are the majors of all the QBs on UCONN's roster. And the Finance guy? He transferred from NC State. How many players would there be left at UCONN if they were not be able to qualify yet alone hide behind a bullcrap major? So for all your talk and bluster, you're still catastrophically worse than GT in football and baseball, and only a tier better in basketball, and you have crappier long term prospects due to not being in the P5 because you sued like babies when the ACC expanded in '03 and your football stinks so bad all the Southern ACC schools blocked you from entering for Louisville despite their horrendous (comparatively) academics. And oh yea GT does it the right way so that the players who don't make the pro leagues (you know, MOST OF THEM) can have actual careers when they're done with sports.

Color me unimpressed.
Sorry but GT has zero championships in football. Just 1 in women's tennis. The NCAA is giving out old NC's to anyone with a case but not to GT for good reason.

Other team championships[edit]
Below are 4 national team titles that were not bestowed by the NCAA:

Men's:
Football: 1917, 1928, 1952, 1990[23]
03-01-2017 10:07 PM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
Sorry, but Women's volleyball is alot more entertaining to watch for many reasons........I only watch women's basketball when Creighton is playing and luckily, they will be in the tourney this year!
03-02-2017 12:33 AM

(03-01-2017 10:07 PM)p23570 Wrote:  Sorry but GT has zero championships in football. Just 1 in women's tennis. The NCAA is giving out old NC's to anyone with a case but not to GT for good reason.

Other team championships[edit]
Below are 4 national team titles that were not bestowed by the NCAA:

Men's:
Football: 1917, 1928, 1952, 1990[23]

The NCAA doesn't recognize football championships. They don't even recognize the champion of the current CFP. So Wikipedia equally claims OU's 7 titles aren't NCAA recognized.
03-02-2017 03:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.