Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dem Response
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Dem Response
Curious as to why the dems picked a guy who just saw the commonwealth of Kentucky go red for the first time since before my grandmother was born
02-28-2017 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: Dem Response
(02-28-2017 10:29 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Curious as to why the dems picked a guy who just saw the commonwealth of Kentucky go red for the first time since before my grandmother was born

Was thinking the same thing. Then again, have the Dems actually won anything lately?
02-28-2017 10:32 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
no sitting democrat wanted to try to go after Trump, so they had to pick some guy who was already out of office. Also, they couldnt find any democrat in office who had succeeded in doing anything. I'm surprised they didnt dig up JFK and prop him up in front of the camera.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 10:33 PM by UofMstateU.)
02-28-2017 10:33 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(02-28-2017 10:33 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  no sitting democrat wanted to try to go after Trump, so they had to pick some guy who was already out of office. Also, they couldnt find any democrat in office who had succeeded in doing anything. I'm surprised they didnt dig up JFK and prop him up in front of the camera.

+1. I think it also illustrates the division within the DEMS right now to not have a consensus champion.
02-28-2017 10:36 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(02-28-2017 10:33 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  no sitting democrat wanted to try to go after Trump, so they had to pick some guy who was already out of office. Also, they couldnt find any democrat in office who had succeeded in doing anything. I'm surprised they didnt dig up JFK and prop him up in front of the camera.

Should have gotten that Statesperson Maxine Waters to do the reply. How awesome would that have been....
02-28-2017 10:45 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(02-28-2017 10:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Should have gotten that Statesperson Maxine Waters to do the reply. How awesome would that have been....

I would have watched it for the entertainment value. If the dems are going to put a clown on tv, at least make it entertaining to watch.
02-28-2017 10:47 PM
Advertisement

Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
His son is AG and trying to be thorn in the side of Bevin. Ky politics is renown for its cronyism. Beshear is poster boy. I have my problems with Bevin but compared to the good ol' boy club. He'll do.
02-28-2017 10:50 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(02-28-2017 10:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

"They're all Scumbags!"
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 10:50 PM by mptnstr@44.)
02-28-2017 10:50 PM
Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(02-28-2017 10:29 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Curious as to why the dems picked a guy who just saw the commonwealth of Kentucky go red for the first time since before my grandmother was born

The state exchanges that are a part of the ACA are actually fairly popular in Kentucky. Thanks in large part to Beshear.

Anyway, Beshear isn't talking to the Elizabeth Warren part of the Democratic base. He's instead talking to the white working-class voter in states like his (WV, OH, PA, MI, etc) that USED to be reliably democratic voters (KY has more registered Democratic voters than Republican voters), but have gone the other way.

FWIW, Beshear really wasn't unpopular in KY (I lived there for the vast majority of Beshear's 8 years in office). He wasn't directly defeated by Matt Bevin in November 2015, he just didn't run again. Jack Conway was a pretty crappy Democratic candidate in 2015, and I'm not sure Bevin would have defeated Beshear had Beshear run again.

And I don't know what you're talking about when you say "Kentucky went red for the first time since before my grandmother was born." The governor IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDING Beshear was Ernie Fletcher, a Republican!
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 10:56 PM by Nittany_Bearcat.)
02-28-2017 10:52 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
Supermajority. Nough said.
02-28-2017 10:52 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
Terrible delivery of a pre-written speech. I've never seen a response seem so insincere and robotic, from either side.
02-28-2017 11:50 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Stephen Cobert: for the people that believe that Trump is a threat to Democracy, take heart. The Democrats, for their powerful rebuttal, showed a rerun of the Andy Griffith show.
03-01-2017 12:05 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I had it on the radio.

Nice. This guy Beshear, babbling, pelosi, schumer and uhhh who?

Great bench!
03-01-2017 12:12 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
I'll say I'm surprised they didn't let Castro give the speech again. I may not agree with the man but he's probably one of the best speakers the Democrats have right now.

That being said.. the first line was a great botch to start things off..

"I'm not just a concerned Democrat. First and foremost I'm a concerned Republican".
03-01-2017 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

"I'm a proud Democrat but first and foremost I'm a proud Republican and Democrat and mostly American."

03-01-2017 09:12 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
DNC was told to stay away from an Elite coastal Dem response to appeal to middle America, thus Kentucky with the diner in the background.
03-01-2017 09:17 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-01-2017 09:12 AM)Hood-rich Wrote:  03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

"I'm a proud Democrat but first and foremost I'm a proud Republican and Democrat and mostly American."

That is pretty dam funny.
03-01-2017 09:20 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(03-01-2017 09:17 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  DNC was told to stay away from an Elite coastal Dem response to appeal to middle America, thus Kentucky with the diner in the background.

I think the Dems also think its a place where Obamacare has worked well on the state level. Your opinion may vary.
03-01-2017 09:28 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Beshear is such an unhinged bafoon. This speech only went to him because none else wanted to do it.
03-01-2017 09:52 AM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(03-01-2017 09:28 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:17 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  DNC was told to stay away from an Elite coastal Dem response to appeal to middle America, thus Kentucky with the diner in the background.

I think the Dems also think its a place where Obamacare has worked well on the state level. Your opinion may vary.

Goes to show that the stupid Dems are being out-maneuvered by this president. They're in the big leagues now.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/whats-...le/2616092

Quote:Article: President Trump made a point of talking about Obamacare in Kentucky during his address — knowing that the Democratic response would be given by former Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear, who had enthusiastically embraced Obamacare before Republicans took over the state government.
---
Trump: Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky just said Obamacare is failing in his State — it is unsustainable and collapsing. One third of counties have only one insurer on the exchanges –- leaving many Americans with no choice at all. Remember when you were told that you could keep your doctor, and keep your plan? We now know that all of those promises have been broken.
----
Article: Starting in 2017, Kentuckians in 54 counties — and all counties in western Kentucky — will have no choice of insurer on the exchange. There will be only one insurer available. In 48 other counties, there are two. Twelve counties have three insurers to choose from, and just six have four.
03-01-2017 09:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.