Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Renderings for the Fertitta Center
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
The new website will launch on March 6.

The AD is releasing some "sneak peaks" between now and then.

Here's a picture of the arena from one corner. On the far side, the club seats, loge boxes and club lounge can be seen.

On the near side, that's a student section on the floor level.

Both end zones will have matching video boards.

The circular ribbon board above the floor will be paid for by our partner IMG.

More to come as it is released.

Click on this picture below to enlarge.

[Image: C5x2xUlUwAAu8-D.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 03:40 PM by CougarRed.)
02-28-2017 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: New Renderings for the Fertitta Center
The rendering even depicts Houston pitted against arch-rival Tulsa in Teh Rivalry bball game.
02-28-2017 04:15 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-28-2017 04:15 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  The rendering even depicts Houston pitted against arch-rival Tulsa in Teh Rivalry bball game.

And just as made up as Teh Rivalry, they rendered a full house.

In all seriousness, that looks VERY cool. I like the uniqueness of Houston's basketball arena, kind of a mixture of old and new.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 04:26 PM by BearcatMan.)
02-28-2017 04:25 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
Full house huh? Thats ambitious lol
02-28-2017 04:26 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

Bout frickin time...
02-28-2017 04:26 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Looks great.
02-28-2017 04:27 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

Price levels. All required donations can be spread out over 5 years:

$50K required donation per floor seat. 2 seats minimum. 80 floor seats available. Has access to a special bunker club in addition to the regular club

$25K required donation per barcalounger in the club level. Minimum of 2.

$15K required donation per loge box seat in the club level. Sold in groups of four.

$10K per seat with club access. Minimum of 2.

On the opposite side of the arena from the club: $2.5K per seat. Minimum of 2. These seats will be wider than normal and plush. But no club access.

No donation required for the end zones, which will be standard width hard plastic chairs.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 04:43 PM by CougarRed.)
02-28-2017 04:42 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-28-2017 03:39 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  The new website will launch on March 6.

Here's a picture of the arena from one corner. On the far side, the club seats, loge boxes and club lounge can be seen.

This is a gem of an arena. 04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
02-28-2017 07:33 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-28-2017 07:16 PM)cougarpad Wrote:  We cant even fill the place in regular basis. And the athletic department want fans to drop that kind of cash on all seats besides baseline. Yeah they are over reaching. It called supply and demand. Lets over price the seats for a program that has been irrelevant for 20 years. Genius!! By end of the first year they will change the pricing model.

NOT WORRIED. This is a start! 04-rock04-rock

Coach Sampson has a really good team this year but I think attendance will really take off once he starts landing more local stars.

However, like Bill & Ted's circular way of thinking (...how they needed Van Halen... but they couldn't get Van Halen until they had a triumphant video), UH needed the stadium piece in order to lure the local HS stars, who he needs to lure bigger crowds (in order to make this a tournament team on the regular)...

This arena is long overdue.. so we can party on, dudes! 04-bow04-bow

[Image: 960.jpg]
02-28-2017 07:46 PM
cougarpad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston Cougars
Meant to edit but deleted my post instead.We cant even fill the place in regular basis. And the athletic department want fans to drop that kind of cash on all seats besides baseline. Yeah they are over reaching. It called supply and demand. Lets over price the seats for a program that has been irrelevant for 20 years. Genius!! By end of the first year they will change the pricing model. I just hope they realize they cant use same pricing models with cougar pride deposits like they do for football.Houston is a pro sports town and the Rockets probably come in at third. If Houstonians can get season tickets for Rocket similar price as UH basketball we will lose most time. I can see charging deposits for club level, floor, and log boxes but to charge it for all seats sideline across from club might be pushing it.
02-28-2017 08:19 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(02-28-2017 07:46 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  
(02-28-2017 07:16 PM)cougarpad Wrote:  We cant even fill the place in regular basis. And the athletic department want fans to drop that kind of cash on all seats besides baseline. Yeah they are over reaching. It called supply and demand. Lets over price the seats for a program that has been irrelevant for 20 years. Genius!! By end of the first year they will change the pricing model.

NOT WORRIED. This is a start! 04-rock04-rock

Coach Sampson has a really good team this year but I think attendance will really take off once he starts landing more local stars.

However, like Bill & Ted's circular way of thinking (...how they needed Van Halen... but they couldn't get Van Halen until they had a triumphant video), UH needed the stadium piece in order to lure the local HS stars, who he needs to lure bigger crowds (in order to make this a tournament team on the regular)...

This arena is long overdue.. so we can party on, dudes! 04-bow04-bow

[Image: 960.jpg]

Well said BigEastHomer

Improvements are way overdue... I applaud Houston for finally focusing at the basketball program.

Go Coogs 04-rock
02-28-2017 08:29 PM
Advertisement

cougarpad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston Cougars
I should mention I am really excited about the arena. I am just hoping they are not going jack ticket prices a lot higher.
02-28-2017 09:58 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2017 09:58 PM)cougarpad Wrote:  I should mention I am really excited about the arena. I am just hoping they are not going jack ticket prices a lot higher.

You can get two pretty sweet tickets for a donation of $1K per year for 5 years.

That's a lot cheaper than good Rockets tickets cost.

Plus, over half the arena has no donation requirement.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2017 10:07 PM by CougarRed.)
02-28-2017 10:06 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
Looks good. The only thing more it needs is a center-hung videoboard. They could also square up the seats behind each basket. But all in all, huge improvement and it will be one of the nicest arenas in the country.
02-28-2017 10:11 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2017 10:11 PM)CalallenStang Wrote:  Looks good. The only thing more it needs is a center-hung videoboard. They could also square up the seats behind each basket. But all in all, huge improvement and it will be one of the nicest arenas in the country.

What were the donation levels required for the new Moody in terms of club seats, suites, loge boxes, and just general sideline seating?
02-28-2017 11:25 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2017 11:25 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(02-28-2017 10:11 PM)CalallenStang Wrote:  Looks good. The only thing more it needs is a center-hung videoboard. They could also square up the seats behind each basket. But all in all, huge improvement and it will be one of the nicest arenas in the country.

What were the donation levels required for the new Moody in terms of club seats, suites, loge boxes, and just general sideline seating?

They have gone up since the year Moody reopened, and I'm looking to go back to see what the donation levels were back then, but here's where it's at now:

$5,000 per seat: Floor/Loge Box
$2,500 per seat: Miller Club 103-105 (Lower Level Club) or Hall of Fame Club (upper level behind basket)
$1,500 per seat: Miller Club 102, 106
$500 per seat: Sideline 200 level
$250 per seat: Upper sideline (200 level "above the rail" excepting center court section), 200 level baseline below rail
No donation: 200 level baseline above rail

Suite leasing opportunities start at $5,000 I believe, but I'm not very familiar with that process.

(Full document in our donor guide here: http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/sm...rt_WEB.pdf)
02-28-2017 11:36 PM
Advertisement

CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

http://docplayer.net/38192623-Mustang-cl...guide.html Go here and go to page 6 in the PDF that is embedded to see donation levels when Moody reopened. Note that Moody reopened mid-season. Also, back then, the donation was per block of 4 tickets whereas today donation is per-seat.

Someone with 4 tickets in below the rail 200 section baseline would have had no minimum donation then but a $1000 minimum donation today.

Someone with 4 tickets in the Miller Club would have had a $2,500 donation then and a $10,000 donation today.

Someone with 2 seats in what is now the Hall of Fame Club pays a $5,000 donation today but would have had the same seats, without a club, for no donation at reopening. The Hall of Fame club area was changed into a club after the first season as demand for premium seating was through the roof (plus, the space for the club was already built out but the design of it was awkwardly closed off from the remainder of Moody)
02-28-2017 11:45 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-28-2017 03:39 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  The new website will launch on March 6.

WOW look at all those people! Guess rush hour traffic isn't such a big deal after all... 03-nerner

lol jk....looks great
03-01-2017 07:05 AM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2017 11:36 PM)CalallenStang Wrote:  
(02-28-2017 11:25 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

They have gone up since the year Moody reopened, and I'm looking to go back to see what the donation levels were back then, but here's where it's at now:

$5,000 per seat: Floor/Loge Box
$2,500 per seat: Miller Club 103-105 (Lower Level Club) or Hall of Fame Club (upper level behind basket)
$1,500 per seat: Miller Club 102, 106
$500 per seat: Sideline 200 level
$250 per seat: Upper sideline (200 level "above the rail" excepting center court section), 200 level baseline below rail
No donation: 200 level baseline above rail

Suite leasing opportunities start at $5,000 I believe, but I'm not very familiar with that process.

(Full document in our donor guide here: http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/sm...rt_WEB.pdf)

Sounds like a little different approach.

We are asking for donations directly to the arena construction budget in order to have access to certain areas. These are one-time donations that can be spread out over five years.

I have no idea what the annual cost per seat will be.
03-01-2017 07:13 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

Since they are still using much of the same structure of this low roof/ceiling building, even with a small opening, there is no way they can fit a giant center piece scoreboard, hence the 2 main boards on opposite sides of the arena.
03-01-2017 08:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.