WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Golden Age of WMU Athletics
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Golden Age of WMU Athletics
Safe to say we are in it right now and the athletic department has never been more successful across the board. Top-6 hockey program, Top-15 football program, MAC championship baseball program, basketball teams on the rise, soccer, tennis, volleyball....

Kudos to Kathy and all the coaches and administration for leading a well-rounded athletic department that all Broncos should be very proud of!
02-27-2017 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
RE: Golden Age of WMU Athletics
(02-27-2017 11:39 AM)tayles mullet Wrote:  Safe to say we are in it right now and the athletic department has never been more successful across the board. Top-6 hockey program, Top-15 football program, MAC championship baseball program, basketball teams on the rise, soccer, tennis, volleyball....

Kudos to Kathy and all the coaches and administration for leading a well-rounded athletic department that all Broncos should be very proud of!

Kathy's leadership has been and is outstanding!

We can be v-e-r-y proud of our student-athletes accomplishments on and off the field.

Kathy is the best collegiate athletic director in the State of Michigan.
02-27-2017 11:44 AM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

now, let's cap it off with an NCAA hockey championship
02-27-2017 12:53 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's nice to see Kathy getting the kudos she is receiving. Being an athletic director is a cumbersome position with a multitude of responsibilities. Kathy has
handled her responsibilities with poise and professionalism leading to results. In addition to that, she loves Western and is devoted to the students and to the
school. In addition to all that, Kathy is a gooooooooood person.
02-27-2017 01:12 PM
stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
We've got a good one, folks, that's for sure.

It's a great time to be a Bronco.
02-27-2017 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-27-2017 11:39 AM)tayles mullet Wrote:  Safe to say we are in it right now and the athletic department has never been more successful across the board. Top-6 hockey program, Top-15 football program, MAC championship baseball program, basketball teams on the rise, soccer, tennis, volleyball....

Well said, she's taken a lot of criticism over the years-much of it unjustified.

Hawks has done a really great job turning his freshman into contributors, I will never understand the criticism of him. Some folks aspire Western to be Georgetown or UCLA on a MAC budget. Get real!
02-27-2017 03:16 PM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

(02-27-2017 03:16 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  

Well said, she's taken a lot of criticism over the years-much of it unjustified.

Hawks has done a really great job turning his freshman into contributors, I will never understand the criticism of him. Some folks aspire Western to be Georgetown or UCLA on a MAC budget. Get real!

Well, we've won as many NCAA basketball championships as those schools have since she's been here.
02-27-2017 04:24 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY

I think KB has been tremendous for WMU; but some of the criticism has been fair. Keeping Culhane as long as she did wasn't right, and there have been a few other things, but overall we have been blessed to have KB. It wouldn't shock me to see he being offered an AD spot at some P5 schools. Don't anyone say Minnesota.
03-01-2017 09:10 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Pretty sure she'll be retiring soon...
03-01-2017 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(03-01-2017 09:10 AM)brovol Wrote:  

I think KB has been tremendous for WMU; but some of the criticism has been fair. Keeping Culhane as long as she did wasn't right, and there have been a few other things, but overall we have been blessed to have KB. It wouldn't shock me to see he being offered an AD spot at some P5 schools. Don't anyone say Minnesota.

OMG, Fleck is poaching our AD?!?
03-01-2017 12:18 PM
StrikeGold1 Offline
Special Teams

Any solid candidates for the next AD once she retires?
03-01-2017 05:25 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(03-01-2017 12:18 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 09:10 AM)brovol Wrote:  

OMG, Fleck is poaching our AD?!?

Whoa! Is that what Pepper's Uncle told you?!
03-02-2017 10:11 AM
goldsworth Offline
1st String

(03-01-2017 11:16 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  Pretty sure she'll be retiring soon...

This would be the year to retire given that WMU athletics are at or near the top of the MAC. Football Basketball and Hockey having or have had tremendous seasons. Throw in soccer, tennis , women's ball and don't forget the men's baseball championship. There is a winning rhythm going on and this would be the legacy to leave if you are thinking of retiring. This year is one for the record books when it comes to WMU sports achievement.
03-04-2017 09:41 AM
Advertisement

Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

KB's final accomplishment will be leading WMU to the American Athletic Conference topped off with a new downtown arena.
03-16-2017 02:47 PM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

(03-16-2017 02:47 PM)Wheres_Waldo? Wrote:  KB's final accomplishment will be leading WMU to the American Athletic Conference topped off with a new downtown arena.

ugh, no to both of those please.

Yes to new arena, but put it somewhere near campus
03-17-2017 07:19 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-17-2017 07:19 AM)Bronc33 Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 02:47 PM)Wheres_Waldo? Wrote:  KB's final accomplishment will be leading WMU to the American Athletic Conference topped off with a new downtown arena.

ugh, no to both of those please.

Yes to new arena, but put it somewhere near campus

Where the State Hospital used to be. Excellent location.
03-17-2017 10:43 AM
HaymondAtThe4 Offline
2nd String

UA is fine, imo. Please don't use state money for a basketball arena, and if you're loaded and want to donate money to something, find something better to spend it on.
03-18-2017 04:43 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-18-2017 04:43 PM)HaymondAtThe4 Wrote:  UA is fine, imo. Please don't use state money for a basketball arena, and if you're loaded and want to donate money to something, find something better to spend it on.

Western doesn't use 'state funds' for athletic facilities, they are all privately funded. If you want to comment on a topic at least do the basic research so you don't come across as a complete fool.
03-18-2017 05:41 PM
DavidKoolIsGod Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU/The Mac
(03-18-2017 04:43 PM)HaymondAtThe4 Wrote:  and if you're loaded and want to donate money to something, find something better to spend it on.

@BroncoPhilly
03-28-2017 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.