ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Back to normal.
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Back to normal.
Sorry about the outage folks. That was a big enough PITA I figured I'd post an explanation directly on all the active boards.

The datacenter the servers are in had a total power failure around 11:30 AM ET. My host is investigating what happened and why battery backup failed as well.

When the servers cam back online, PHP, the programming language the boards are written in, was "f***ed good and proper" as an industrial mechanic I know would say. It took me another hour or so to beat on PHP hard enough to get it to perform well.

So ... all is back to normal. Apologies for your ~4 unexpectedly productive hours this afternoon.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sh*tposting. 04-rock
02-24-2017 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Back to normal.
(02-24-2017 03:25 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Sorry about the outage folks. That was a big enough PITA I figured I'd post an explanation directly on all the active boards.

The datacenter the servers are in had a total power failure around 11:30 AM ET. My host is investigating what happened and why battery backup failed as well.

When the servers cam back online, PHP, the programming language the boards are written in, was "f***ed good and proper" as an industrial mechanic I know would say. It took me another hour or so to beat on PHP hard enough to get it to perform well.

So ... all is back to normal. Apologies for your ~4 unexpectedly productive hours this afternoon.

GT Swagger, I've been having an issue with every time I post something. Every time I get this message and won't take back to the page I just commented on. It actually just goes to an error page. Some of the guys said you may be able to help me by dropping my apostrophe out my user name or if you could look into why the apostrophe is just now starting to creat a problem. Either way if you could help me solve my issue that would be appreciated

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Blue Den You' LIMIT 1' at line 5
Query:
SELECT u.uid,g.gid FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups g ON u.usergroup = g.gid WHERE u.username = 'Mo' Blue Den You' LIMIT 1
02-25-2017 08:55 AM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

(02-25-2017 08:55 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 03:25 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Sorry about the outage folks. That was a big enough PITA I figured I'd post an explanation directly on all the active boards.

GT Swagger, I've been having an issue with every time I post something. Every time I get this message and won't take back to the page I just commented on. It actually just goes to an error page. Some of the guys said you may be able to help me by dropping my apostrophe out my user name or if you could look into why the apostrophe is just now starting to creat a problem. Either way if you could help me solve my issue that would be appreciated

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Blue Den You' LIMIT 1' at line 5
Query:
SELECT u.uid,g.gid FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups g ON u.usergroup = g.gid WHERE u.username = 'Mo' Blue Den You' LIMIT 1

If you don't get a reply you might want to try posting your question on the support board.

http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545
02-25-2017 10:13 AM

SQL Error:
Query:

I have removed the ' from user username (note this affects your login too). PHP has some built in protections for people trying to mess around with SQL injection, and your username having one ' trips those protections.
02-25-2017 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Mo Blue Den You Offline
1st String

(02-25-2017 12:55 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

SQL Error:
Query:

I have removed the ' from user username (note this affects your login too). PHP has some built in protections for people trying to mess around with SQL injection, and your username having one ' trips those protections.

GT Swagger I appreciate it. Thank you!
02-26-2017 04:48 AM
ODUMONARCHZ1 Offline
Heisman

I don't know if anyone else has the issue but app is not working. Everytime I try to get on it searches for server but then I get like some network error. I reinstalled it and same error so I don't know what is up.
02-26-2017 08:50 AM
Chillie Willie Online
All American

(02-26-2017 08:50 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  

I don't know if anyone else has the issue but app is not working. Everytime I try to get on it searches for server but then I get like some network error. I reinstalled it and same error so I don't know what is up.

If you are referring to Tapatalk I have the same problem. Tried reinstalling but same network error. I gave up and viewing on browser now. Pinch and zoom on my phone. I liked using the app much better.
02-26-2017 10:29 AM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

I Root For: ODU

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(02-26-2017 10:29 AM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 08:50 AM)ODUMONARCHZ1 Wrote:  

If you are referring to Tapatalk I have the same problem. Tried reinstalling but same network error. I gave up and viewing on browser now. Pinch and zoom on my phone. I liked using the app much better.

GT addressed this awhile back. A ix is coming.
For now I am just using the web, even tho scrolling and sizing are a PITA.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 10:42 AM by ODUalum78.)
02-26-2017 10:41 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

Isn't there a csnbbs app now? Or is that tapatalk? I don't use the apps but I got a notification the other day saying a csnbbs app is available. Might want to try that
02-26-2017 11:05 AM
bit_9 Offline

I got rid of tapatalk once the cnsbbs app became available. It's been great.
02-26-2017 11:09 AM
Advertisement

MonarchManiac Online
Heisman

I've tried both and they both suffer from the network error problem when it pops up. Guess we will just have to wait for a fix.
02-27-2017 10:19 AM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

Yes. Things are Back to Normal...
ODU is mopping up its basketball opponents.

Nothing to see here, move along....
02-27-2017 11:57 AM
bit_9 Offline

(02-27-2017 10:19 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  I've tried both and they both suffer from the network error problem when it pops up. Guess we will just have to wait for a fix.

Yeah. I'm getting a lot done in it's absence.
02-27-2017 01:44 PM
Advertisement

The CSN App and Tapatalk is restored. JFC that sucked to debug.
02-27-2017 05:07 PM
bit_9 Offline

Good on ya. Thx for your efforts

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
02-27-2017 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.