Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What temperature is our Coach sitting on?
Bookmark and Share
Dragon For Life Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Drexel
What temperature is our Coach sitting on?
After another disappointing season assuming we lose Saturday and hopefully win one game on pillow fight Friday. Do you think Coach Spiker is or should be on the hot seat? Eventually, the CAA will lose schools due to football reasons ( JMU or William and Mary) If we ever want to hop to a good/stable conference we need to start winning again.

I know Spiker inherited a lot of problems and he is finishing up his first year at Drexel. So, obviously he is safe this year but, where does he/the team have to end up next year to earn your trust going further?

My hope for a successful year is in the top 6 especially after a lot of the seniors from UNCW and Coc are leaving.
02-24-2017 02:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Chascougs Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: CofC
RE: What temperature is our Coach sitting on?
CofC has all significant contributors back next year. Only seniors on the roster at Peyton Hulsey who's been sidelined with a foot injury since Dec and Terrance ODonohue who plays a couple minutes in a few games.
02-24-2017 06:19 AM
dan10 Offline
1st String

His seat is as hot as an iceberg in the north pole. As far as our trust, I think he has already earned many people's this season with what we saw. However, at Drexel, it is not the fans who he needs to worry about, it is the AD. As long as he has his trust built with him his seat will be safe for a long time. I also find the topic of this thread in very poor taste because almost all of the fans are excited for what we have seen and the direction we are going
02-24-2017 07:10 AM
J.B. Offline
2nd String

(02-24-2017 07:10 AM)dan10 Wrote:  His seat is as hot as an iceberg in the north pole. As far as our trust, I think he has already earned many people's this season with what we saw. However, at Drexel, it is not the fans who he needs to worry about, it is the AD. As long as he has his trust built with him his seat will be safe for a long time. I also find the topic of this thread in very poor taste because almost all of the fans are excited for what we have seen and the direction we are going

Totally agree. It's frustrating, but he did inherit a mess of mediocre Bruiser recruits. Outside of Rodney, all of the best players on the team never played for Bruiser. Two of our top players have been injured down the stretch. Seems like we're relied on a 5 8 guy to carry the team the last couple of weeks.

Give Spike a few years and see what he can do building his own team.
02-24-2017 07:55 AM

bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

I hate to perpetuate this thread because it's simply a foolish, antagonizing and inappropriate topic to ponder.

Spiker's job is completely safe; no one was ever going to judge this season by wins and losses. The positive energy and optimistic outlook that he has instilled, despite the agonizing losses, gives the program direction that was desperately needed. The style of play and coaching prowess shown by him and his staff have been sorely lacking for a while. He's done a great job, now that he's seen the CAA first hand and is starting to build HIS team, give it several more years before even thinking about this again.
02-24-2017 09:03 AM
swampcougar1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I foresee a very good chance for you to win on Fri night. The arena for the tourney has wide open space behind the baskets and no sight lines for shooters. That place has historically been bad for teams that rely on the 3 to win. Good defense and not allowing second chance points win a lot of games in that arena
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 03:34 PM by swampcougar1.)
02-24-2017 03:33 PM
dan10 Offline
1st String

(02-24-2017 03:33 PM)swampcougar1 Wrote:  I foresee a very good chance for you to win on Fri night. The arena for the tourney has wide open space behind the baskets and no sight lines for shooters. That place has historically been bad for teams that rely on the 3 to win. Good defense and not allowing second chance points win a lot of games in that arena

How does that help us? We arent good on defense and we shoot a lot of 3's.
02-24-2017 03:40 PM

swampcougar1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-24-2017 03:40 PM)dan10 Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 03:33 PM)swampcougar1 Wrote:  I foresee a very good chance for you to win on Fri night. The arena for the tourney has wide open space behind the baskets and no sight lines for shooters. That place has historically been bad for teams that rely on the 3 to win. Good defense and not allowing second chance points win a lot of games in that arena

How does that help us? We arent good on defense and we shoot a lot of 3's.

My bad. Was thinking your defense was better than it is and also that you would be playing Hofstra who relies heavily on the 3 and second chance points.
02-24-2017 04:25 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
2nd String

I would like to say I want Spiker and the new dragons to do well and I believe they will. I brought this topic up one because, there were no other posts or discussions occurring and I was bored... so something is better than nothing haha. I was more curious about what you all thought about next years expectations as we did end up in last place.
02-25-2017 05:15 AM
dan10 Offline
1st String

(02-25-2017 05:15 AM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  I would like to say I want Spiker and the new dragons to do well and I believe they will. I brought this topic up one because, there were no other posts or discussions occurring and I was bored... so something is better than nothing haha. I was more curious about what you all thought about next years expectations as we did end up in last place.

There is a way to ask that question without questioning whether a coach is right for the job after one year. To answer that question, we will improve but still bad next year, bottom half. Losing Rodney is going to hurt. Keep in mind next year is his first full recruiting class as his search last year was abbreviated. I do not expect to see a big jump in the standings until year 3
02-25-2017 07:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.