Rumor has it the change is in the air
02-23-2017 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I Root For: William & Mary
RE: OC on the move?
Are you referring to yourself or Rogers?
02-23-2017 10:42 AM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

If so, I hope JL has someone lined up for the job and be here, if they are not already, to participate in spring practice. To me, with a whoever the starting QB is they will have never started a game and just maybe never even played a down in a college football game and will need all the coaching they can receive.

I have heard the same rumor, but rumors are a dime a dozen this time of year with assistant coaches.
02-23-2017 11:03 AM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
I had said something about Coach Rogers in the another thread. Him moving/retiring wouldn't surprise me.
02-23-2017 11:20 AM
ocfrank Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: william and mar
OC on the move?
(02-23-2017 10:42 AM)zablenoise Wrote:  Are you referring to yourself or Rogers?

Thanks for the laugh. That's funny.
02-23-2017 11:30 AM
tribeintexas Online
1st String

I hope Coach Rogers stay and develop this Mitchell kid.
02-23-2017 11:54 AM
Advertisement

tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

I don't think it's good to be discussing coaching moves inside our program until after they are announced or confirmed by the athletic department.
02-23-2017 02:05 PM
Tribal Offline

(02-23-2017 02:05 PM)tribefbfan Wrote:  I don't think it's good to be discussing coaching moves inside our program until after they are announced or confirmed by the athletic department.
I agree 100% but, for the record, it's not in the same category as discussing student-athlete info that isn't public knowledge. I only mention that as my excuse of not locking this thread.

One Tribe. One Family.
02-23-2017 02:09 PM
billymac Offline
Heisman

I believe it is on his Facebook page. If it is true, I wish him well.
02-23-2017 02:14 PM
3xTribe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(02-23-2017 02:14 PM)billymac Wrote:  I believe it is on his Facebook page. If it is true, I wish him well.

I couldn't find it there.
02-23-2017 02:20 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

I don't see anything on his FB page about it, but I'm not "friends" with him (I would imagine Billmac is) so there may be something on there that the general public can't see.
02-23-2017 02:44 PM
Advertisement

tribeintexas Online
1st String

Nothing on his tweeter either.
02-23-2017 03:11 PM
xtribe8wr Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tribe
(02-23-2017 03:11 PM)tribeintexas Wrote:  Nothing on his tweeter either.

It hasn't been announced yet, but a reliable source said Kevin is retiring.
02-23-2017 04:05 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

OC on the move?
If true, I hope we return to Jimmye ultimately having control over the offense and play calling, and seeing us return to a nickel/dime ball control offense where we consistently string together length of the field drives...Sorely missed...Maybe, also, a good time for David Corley to return home. Would hope Kevin would still maintain a part time hand in advising and working with our young QB's.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 04:29 PM by Tribeheart.)
02-23-2017 04:29 PM
Tribal Offline

Corley isn't available

One Tribe. One Family.
02-23-2017 04:51 PM
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2017 04:51 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Corley isn't available

One Tribe. One Family.
He's not available as a position coach. Is he available as an offensive coordinator?

Other than Army beat guys there has been no official announcement of his hire from the school. He has posted nothing to his twitter of going to Army. It very well may have been his intention to coach wide receivers at Army until this possible opportunity presented itself. Why the hold up? As a new coach at Army, you'd think he'd want to hit the ground running. Me thinks things are moving behind the scenes. Even if Corley agreed in principle to coach at Army, no school is going to block a coach from a promotion. Especially at their alma mater.

Again, all speculation, but I think Corley would be the perfect coordinator to work with our talented young qbs. He's been in their shoes playing in that system. He has experience coaching running backs, wide receivers, and qbs. Not to mention brief experience as an OC. He is an excellent recruiter and bleeds green & gold. What's not to like?

To me, it's a no-brainer. Get 'er done.
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017 05:46 PM by mrjoolius.)
02-23-2017 05:10 PM
Advertisement

TribePride52 Offline
1st String

Who are the "sources" anyway?
02-23-2017 05:13 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(02-23-2017 04:29 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  If true, I hope we return to Jimmye ultimately having control over the offense and play calling, and seeing us return to a nickel/dime ball control offense where we consistently string together length of the field drives...Sorely missed...Maybe, also, a good time for David Corley to return home. Would hope Kevin would still maintain a part time hand in advising and working with our young QB's.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

Yes please
02-23-2017 05:35 PM
Rocco Offline
All American

I Root For: William and Mar
(02-23-2017 05:10 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

One Tribe. One Family.
He's not available as a position coach. Is he available as an offensive coordinator?

Other than Army beat guys there has been no official announcement of his hire from the school. He has posted nothing to his twitter of going to Army. It very well may have been his intention to coach wide receivers at Army until this possible opportunity presented itself. Why the hold up? As a new coach at Army, you'd think he'd want to hit the ground running. Me thinks things are moving behind the scenes. Even if Corley agreed in principle to coach at Army, no school is going to block a coach from a promotion. Especially at their alma mater.

Again, all speculation, but I think Corley would be the perfect coordinator to work with our talented young qbs. He's been in their shoes playing in that system. He has experience coaching running backs, wide receivers, and qbs. Not to mention brief experience as an OC. He is an excellent recruiter and bleeds green & gold. What's not to like?

Is this where I bring up how bad the QB play was in 2011 and 12 when he was QB coach and how Rogers got better play out of Caprio and Graham in 2013? And that UConn didn't score a TD when he was the OC at UConn?
02-23-2017 06:17 PM
mrjoolius Online
Hall of Famer

(02-23-2017 06:17 PM)Rocco Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 05:10 PM)mrjoolius Wrote:  

One Tribe. One Family.

Is this where I bring up how bad the QB play was in 2011 and 12 when he was QB coach and how Rogers got better play out of Caprio and Graham in 2013? And that UConn didn't score a TD when he was the OC at UConn?
You could, but I won't listen to you
02-23-2017 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.