Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BDR Your Webles Have a Problem
Bookmark and Share
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
BDR Your Webles Have a Problem
NCAA appear to be laying the foundation to hit Ole Piss hard. More allegations are made in addition to those being investigated. 'Lack of institutional control' is a real
possibility.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...n-ban-2017
02-22-2017 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
RE: BDR Your Webles Have a Problem
Looks like another baseball only school in Mississippi for a while.
02-22-2017 06:49 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

True, all those two schools up north have is baseball. Suppose we should be happy for 'em huh
02-22-2017 07:43 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
I honestly would rather it were State. State fans are just uptight pricks.
02-22-2017 08:10 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(02-22-2017 08:10 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  I honestly would rather it were State. State fans are just uptight pricks.

They really are. Just a completely unbearable group of people. Lot worse than OM.
02-22-2017 08:15 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(02-22-2017 07:43 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  All those two schools up north have is baseball. Suppose we should be happy for SUNWACUSA.

Absolutely.
02-22-2017 08:17 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(02-22-2017 08:17 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(02-22-2017 07:43 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  All those two schools up north have is baseball. Suppose we should be happy for SUNWACUSA.

Absolutely.

It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take away
I'm a hot air balloon, I could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do

Read more: Pharrell Williams - Happy Lyrics | MetroLyrics
02-22-2017 08:26 PM
keyboard kowboy Offline
Banned

I Root For: usm
(02-22-2017 06:49 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  Looks like another baseball only school in Mississippi for a while.

Tell it REBA, tell it !!
02-23-2017 12:22 AM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
(02-22-2017 08:10 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  I honestly would rather it were State. State fans are just uptight pricks.

Agree 1000%. I grew up in Meridian and there is not another school that I hate more than MSU... and 2nd place ain't even close!
02-23-2017 10:01 AM
Advertisement

mlytc Offline
Bench Warmer

Yes, they are...even the female ones. I hope the audio that was turned over to the NCAA on Leo Lewis's recruitment triggers the same type of scrutiny as Ole Miss but I doubt it will unless MUSx has a first-rounder go on live TV and acknowledge payments.
02-23-2017 02:46 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
For those of us who grew up when State pretty much sucked every year and Old Piss was either promising to return to it's "glory days' with each new hire, or just pretending they were were still living them, OP will always be the most hated of the hated.

Hope they get what they DESERVE, whatever that may be!04-cheers
02-23-2017 04:56 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Hopefully they're made an example of. And also, the Baylor program should be terminated permanently without the chance of resurrection. In fact, Baylor should be forced to terminate their entire sports programming.
02-24-2017 09:50 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

Most informative story ive seen.
02-24-2017 06:43 PM
Advertisement

WinOrLoseEAGLE Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Absolutely.

HAHAHA - so now you pricks are back to bragging on the SEC instead of anything you can accomplish yourself?
02-25-2017 09:53 AM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(02-25-2017 09:53 AM)WinOrLoseEAGLE Wrote:  

Absolutely.

HAHAHA - so now you pricks are back to bragging on the SEC instead of anything you can accomplish yourself?

I didn't perceive it as bragging on the SEC so much as lamenting the state of our own conference. I don't really want us to be in the SEC, exactly. I just want to be in a conference with decent TV exposure and bowl tie-ins that don't involve the MAC or SBC. Circa 1995-2005, you could park in the dust bowl, walk to M.M. Roberts, and see a damned good football team that most college football fans were familiar with and thought highly of. Somehow (apathy? complacency, a.k.a. "USM will be fine-ism"?) we let that deteriorate into... SUNSWACUSA. And now people comfort themselves by saying **** like, "we were never a major college football team and we never will be." That's not really a black-and-white distinction in my mind. As the old Russian saying goes, the perfect is the enemy of the good.
02-25-2017 12:02 PM
1st String

(02-25-2017 12:02 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  I just want to be in a decent conference.

02-25-2017 12:37 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(02-25-2017 12:37 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(02-25-2017 12:02 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  I just want to be in a decent conference.

Yeah, I didn't say it was going to happen. I've come to realize that I won't ever get the vast majority of **** I want.
02-25-2017 12:40 PM
Advertisement

1st String

(02-25-2017 12:40 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  I didn't say it was going to happen.

It could to some extent, akin to Ace's plan involving the GSC and regional all sports rivalries. Won't be a big TV or financial coup, but could be enjoyable and attainable. RG rode the hearse to the C-USA cemetery while the AACers left the visitation before the official funeral. While that hasn't proved to be much better, it beat standing over the grave listening to Lucky Charm read scripture about the " high resource five" and the Eagle Cub dinosaurs reminisce of the good times 30 years ago. Can Filbert convince the masses that moss is growing on the tombstone and it's in the best interest to go another direction? Or will he carpetbag a few years and sing a few more hymns lamenting there's no money for RGC, softball socks, and parking lot string? Pivotal time for the 4th and Hardy gang.
02-25-2017 01:16 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

Looks like the rat just found the cat. Could both Ole Miss and State be starring down a long road?

http://thespun.com/sec/mississippi/ole-m...-leo-lewis
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 04:52 PM by TheChosenOne.)
02-25-2017 04:51 PM
HarborPointe Online
North American Champion

(02-25-2017 01:16 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  It could to some extent, akin to Ace's plan involving the GSC and regional all sports rivalries. Won't be a big TV or financial coup, but could be enjoyable and attainable. RG rode the hearse to the C-USA cemetery while the AACers left the visitation before the official funeral. While that hasn't proved to be much better, it beat standing over the grave listening to Lucky Charm read scripture about the " high resource five" and the Eagle Cub dinosaurs reminisce of the good times 30 years ago. Can Filbert convince the masses that moss is growing on the tombstone and it's in the best interest to go another direction? Or will he carpetbag a few years and sing a few more hymns lamenting there's no money for RGC, softball socks, and parking lot string? Pivotal time for the 4th and Hardy gang.

The most likely ultimate outcome, because it's the only practical one, is for a reshuffling of AAC/Sun Belt/CUSA into more travel-friendly and fan-friendly groupings. The expiration date's about to hit on the current arrangement, and that'll be when the next AAC contract comes up. All this driving by and flying over 3 other P5s to play a conference game is a waste of money that's increasingly not there.

No way of knowing yet what Gilbert may or may not accomplish, but holding the course doesn't appear to be in the plans. There seems to be some cleaning of house going on at the Assistant A.D.s' level.
02-26-2017 02:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.