Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

What's with not recruiting TJ Moss ?
Bookmark and Share
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB What's with not recruiting TJ Moss ?
Doesn't seem like we are pursuing him very hard. 4* SG from East HS ... why not??
02-22-2017 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TubbyTime Offline
Banned

RE: What's with not recruiting TJ Moss ?
(02-22-2017 03:47 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Doesn't seem like we are pursuing him very hard. 4* SG from East HS ... why not??
I've gone to see East play several times now. He's not a premier guard. I don't care what he's ranked. I haven't seen him make a whole lot of shots. I've seen him take quite a few shots that were horrible and leave you making a face and cringing. Now every now and again he will do something that makes you think he could be a good player at the D1 level. But for a guy that most people claim he's a real good shooter or better, he simply isn't. Not right now he's not. Chris Crawford for example would kill him. In my opinion, the best two players/prospects are Lomax and Dandridge, then Lawson. That's the way I would rank them. So if they aren't recruiting him, that's not a bad thing. Hope this helps.
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 04:06 PM by TubbyTime.)
02-22-2017 04:05 PM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(02-22-2017 04:05 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  
(02-22-2017 03:47 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  Doesn't seem like we are pursuing him very hard. 4* SG from East HS ... why not??
I've gone to see East play several times now. He's not a premier guard. I don't care what he's ranked. I haven't seen him make a whole lot of shots. I've seen him take quite a few shots that were horrible and leave you making a face and cringing. Now every now and again he will do something that makes you think he could be a good player at the D1 level. But for a guy that most people claim he's a real good shooter or better, he simply isn't. Not right now he's not. Chris Crawford for example would kill him. In my opinion, the best two players/prospects are Lomax and Dandridge, then Lawson. That's the way I would rank them. So if they aren't recruiting him, that's not a bad thing. Hope this helps.

Agree 100% TubbyTime. Don't like talking bad about teenagers, but IMO he's not a high-level D1 player.

Lomax is the real deal. Could see him being another local product 4-year starter at PG.
02-22-2017 04:10 PM
TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-22-2017 04:10 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Agree 100% TubbyTime. Don't like talking bad about teenagers, but IMO he's not a high-level D1 player.

Lomax is the real deal. Could see him being another local product 4-year starter at PG.
Yes I agree, I don't like talking poorly about the young man. I really didn't like typing it out frankly. The kid seems like a good athlete and he seems to handle the ball well. Can he become a real good D1 player, sure he can, he just needs to stay in gym and shoot shot after shot.

As for Lomax, he is the real deal and I can see him being an awesome point guard. He's strong, quick and fast, handles the ball very well, can shoot and he drives the ball excellent and then finds the open man beautifully. He sees the floor very well. He is super fun to watch. He's a winner. Also his defense as a junior in high school is incredible. He flat out shut down Harris from Cordova. He looked like a man playing against a 7th grader. I hope he ends up a Tiger! Fans will love him!
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2017 04:24 PM by TubbyTime.)
02-22-2017 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
And Lomax is tough. Like Tony Allen tough.

I want him the most of the East guys. I know the 3rd Lawson will be higher ranked, but he is so skinny, just think he will need years to develop physically. I don't care much about guys with pro potential unless they go to the Grizz. Reminds me of Skal. After all the years of following his recruitment, he goes to UK and averages 6 ppg for one year and then he's gone.
02-22-2017 04:30 PM
HometownTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

SO the official word is "not Memphis good" ...
02-22-2017 08:39 PM
TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-22-2017 08:39 PM)HometownTiger Wrote:  SO the official word is "not Memphis good" ...

I wouldn't say that. I don't look at it that way. I tried answering your question as honest as I could.
02-22-2017 08:55 PM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

With the changes coming to East HS and the growing frequency with which the following happens...any chance on Lomax reclassifying to 2017? We need him badly.
02-23-2017 10:55 AM
airric2255 Offline
Special Teams

(02-23-2017 10:55 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  With the changes coming to East HS and the growing frequency with which the following happens...any chance on Lomax reclassifying to 2017? We need him badly.

Forgive me... what changes?
02-23-2017 03:04 PM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(02-23-2017 03:04 PM)airric2255 Wrote:  
(02-23-2017 10:55 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  With the changes coming to East HS and the growing frequency with which the following happens...any chance on Lomax reclassifying to 2017? We need him badly.

Forgive me... what changes?

Optional only school. Maxine Smith Middle will feed into it.
02-23-2017 03:15 PM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

as in, if Nick Marshall can re-classify, anyone can.
02-23-2017 03:15 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Marshall, Stokes. Must really not be rocket-science.
02-23-2017 06:34 PM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina

I have only seen him play twice, both times on TV, but he didn't look very good either time that I saw him. Perhaps, he just had two bad games. He may be a great college player, but I didn't see it in those two games.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 06:39 PM by hsvtiger.)
02-24-2017 08:13 AM
Advertisement

TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-24-2017 08:13 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  

I have only seen him play twice, both times on TV, but he didn't look very good either time that I saw him. Perhaps, he just had two bad games or, maybe, the rating is based on the potential of a guy that is 6'8" (I think that is correct?) that can play on the perimeter. He may be a great college player, but I didn't see it in those two games.

I think he's 6'4, not positive on that.
02-24-2017 08:54 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(02-24-2017 08:54 AM)TubbyTime Wrote:  

I have only seen him play twice, both times on TV, but he didn't look very good either time that I saw him. Perhaps, he just had two bad games or, maybe, the rating is based on the potential of a guy that is 6'8" (I think that is correct?) that can play on the perimeter. He may be a great college player, but I didn't see it in those two games.

Yes, I have seen 6'3" and 6'4". I must have seen 6'3" one time and blurred the 3 into an 8. 04-cheers
02-24-2017 06:38 PM
TubbyTime Offline
Banned

(02-24-2017 06:38 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  
(02-24-2017 08:54 AM)TubbyTime Wrote:  
(02-22-2017 04:05 PM)TubbyTime Wrote:  I've gone to see East play several times now. He's not a premier guard. I don't care what he's ranked. I haven't seen him make a whole lot of shots. I've seen him take quite a few shots that were horrible and leave you making a face and cringing. Now every now and again he will do something that makes you think he could be a good player at the D1 level. But for a guy that most people claim he's a real good shooter or better, he simply isn't. Not right now he's not. Chris Crawford for example would kill him. In my opinion, the best two players/prospects are Lomax and Dandridge, then Lawson. That's the way I would rank them. So if they aren't recruiting him, that's not a bad thing. Hope this helps.

Yes, I have seen 6'3" and 6'4". I must have seen 6'3" one time and blurred the 3 into an 8. 04-cheers

I know all about that blurred vision. I never needed glasses for my whole life and then at 48 boom, I wear glasses now. 04-cheers
02-24-2017 11:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.