Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Temple's Stadium Woes
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
Temple's Stadium Woes
http://temple-news.com/news/stadium-stud...continues/

With the proposed on-campus stadium now on hold and the Eagles tripling the rent at the Linc, what is Temple's next move?
02-21-2017 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

I Root For: Ghetto State U.
RE: Temple's Stadium Woes
(02-21-2017 02:38 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  http://temple-news.com/news/stadium-stud...continues/

With the proposed on-campus stadium now on hold and the Eagles tripling the rent at the Linc, what is Temple's next move?

Why don't they look into the Talen Energy Stadium (and do their big games elsewhere)? I'm sure it's much cheaper.
02-21-2017 02:51 PM
wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane
(02-21-2017 02:38 PM)Hank Schrader Wrote:  http://temple-news.com/news/stadium-stud...continues/

BANANA - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything

The stadium would be a positive for the area and the university but god forbid there is added traffic six days a year in a city of 1.5mm and metro of 6mm. I mean you don;t want to have a negative effect on the lovely Temple residential area. Freaking drives me nuts.
02-21-2017 02:53 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Could they modify their basketball arena and play in there? Works for Cuse...and Temple inly needs 10k seats for football anyway.
02-21-2017 02:54 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(02-21-2017 02:51 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  

Why don't they look into the Talen Energy Stadium (and do their big games elsewhere)? I'm sure it's much cheaper.

Looks like a good idea. I wonder if they have considered that?

UC is now "sharing" Nippert Stadium with Cincinnati's new soccer team, although many of us wonder if it is the other way around.
02-21-2017 03:00 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
This has drag long enough... I feel for Temple fans.

Then again, this isn't G4 land so get on with it and make it happen Temple, AAC is counting on you.
02-21-2017 03:03 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(02-21-2017 02:54 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Could they modify their basketball arena and play in there? Works for Cuse...and Temple inly needs 10k seats for football anyway.

Is your Mom's basement climate controlled. Many on here want to know. Your confort is important to us.
02-21-2017 03:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Temple's Stadium Woes
Hmmm not a good sign....
02-21-2017 03:08 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We'll be fine. Just need to line some politician and pastor pockets like always.
02-21-2017 03:11 PM
justinslot Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers&Temple
Re: the Union's field:

Trust me, no Temple fan is going to Chester to watch football. Only soccer cultists go there voluntarily.
02-21-2017 03:17 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
May want to think about sharing with the MLS team. Villanova was going to do it when they were going to join BE football. Capacity could be increased with permanent and/or temp seating to 30K. Fill that sucker out and it will look/sound better than 30K in NFL stadium. Host 1-2 big games a year at the Linc, for example, when Penn St, ND, etc. come to town.
02-21-2017 03:18 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
(02-21-2017 03:17 PM)justinslot Wrote:  Re: the Union's field:

Trust me, no Temple fan is going to Chester to watch football. Only soccer cultists go there voluntarily.

Why?
02-21-2017 03:19 PM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

(02-21-2017 03:11 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We'll be fine. Just need to line some politician and pastor pockets like always.

troof
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2017 03:21 PM by Phil Lacio.)
02-21-2017 03:21 PM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

(02-21-2017 03:18 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  May want to think about sharing with the MLS team. Villanova was going to do it when they were going to join BE football. Capacity could be increased with permanent and/or temp seating to 30K. Fill that sucker out and it will look/sound better than 30K in NFL stadium. Host 1-2 big games a year at the Linc, for example, when Penn St, ND, etc. come to town.

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post.
02-21-2017 03:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(02-21-2017 03:08 PM)panama Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 02:54 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Could they modify their basketball arena and play in there? Works for Cuse...and Temple inly needs 10k seats for football anyway.

Is your Mom's basement climate controlled. Many on here want to know. Your confort is important to us.

Lol wut?
I asked a legit question.

Im so misunderstood.
02-21-2017 03:39 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-21-2017 03:22 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 03:18 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  May want to think about sharing with the MLS team. Villanova was going to do it when they were going to join BE football. Capacity could be increased with permanent and/or temp seating to 30K. Fill that sucker out and it will look/sound better than 30K in NFL stadium. Host 1-2 big games a year at the Linc, for example, when Penn St, ND, etc. come to town.

There is absolutely no point in renting anymore. Everyone knows that owning a stadium is the next step.
We are in a historical point in time where Temple needs to look its very best. There are just too many dominoes that may tip at any time and it is a huge black mark to say you share a soccer stadium. That didn't get Nova very far, did it?
Not only that but the program is now successful enough (conference champions) to justify (demand) one.
With all the recent building that has taken place toward Girard St., I can't imagine that the building will stop short of adding a 'crown jewel' (stadium) to the athletics village.
There are simply too many external and internal forces that make it necessary.
02-21-2017 03:44 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(02-21-2017 03:19 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 03:17 PM)justinslot Wrote:  Re: the Union's field:

Why?

It's an hour away, I think.
02-21-2017 03:46 PM
Phil Lacio Offline
Banned

(02-21-2017 03:44 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

There is absolutely no point in renting anymore. Everyone knows that owning a stadium is the next step.
We are in a historical point in time where Temple needs to look its very best. There are just too many dominoes that may tip at any time and it is a huge black mark to say you share a soccer stadium. That didn't get Nova very far, did it?
Not only that but the program is now successful enough (conference champions) to justify (demand) one.
With all the recent building that has taken place toward Girard St., I can't imagine that the building will stop short of adding a 'crown jewel' (stadium) to the athletics village.

The problem is the community is vehemently against it; they even block streets over the issue.
02-21-2017 03:46 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-21-2017 03:46 PM)Phil Lacio Wrote:  
(02-21-2017 03:44 PM)BigEastHomer Wrote:  

The problem is the community is vehemently against it; they even block streets over the issue.

Yes... But if Tulane can accomplish it in that community, I can't imagine Temple wont. I know that UCF had to deal with NIMBYs as well, and it finally worked out.

Resistance is more the norm with these things everywhere.
02-21-2017 03:49 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-21-2017 03:11 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We'll be fine. Just need to line some politician and pastor pockets like always.
And don't forget the Union bosses.
02-21-2017 03:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.