Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

W&M @ JMU hoops
Bookmark and Share
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
W&M @ JMU hoops
The Dukes are 2 games out of 6th place and this game could put the nail in the coffin for hopes of avoiding the Keener round in Charleston.
W&M has been a Jekyll & Hyde team going 12-0 at home and a crappy 2-11 on the road. Rowe might consider taking some notes from Shaver on how to run an efficient offense without having 5 dribble drive athletes. The Tribe lives on shooting and passing, passing and shooting.
W&M offense is ranked 14th in FG %, 8th in assists, 32nd in 3pt FG's, and 34th in scoring nationally.
JMU is ranked 325th in scoring and does nothing well on offense.

The silver lining is the Tribe's sissy soft defense. The Dukes played them to one point in Williamsburg and just missed a win on Dalembert's tip-in that was ruled after the buzzer.

Can the Dukes pull off the upset? If so, Shaver needs to shave his 'Stache. That thing is awful and he will lick it about 842 times during the game.

W&M 84
JMU 68
02-13-2017 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DUKES DUKES DUKES Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
RE: W&M @ JMU hoops
(02-13-2017 11:19 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  The Dukes are 2 games out of 6th place and this game could put the nail in the coffin for hopes of avoiding the Keener round in Charleston.
W&M has been a Jekyll & Hyde team going 12-0 at home and a crappy 2-11 on the road. Rowe might consider taking some notes from Shaver on how to run an efficient offense without having 5 dribble drive athletes. The Tribe lives on shooting and passing, passing and shooting.
W&M offense is ranked 14th in FG %, 8th in assists, 32nd in 3pt FG's, and 34th in scoring nationally.

The silver lining is the Tribe's sissy soft defense. The Dukes played them to one point in Williamsburg and just missed a win on Dalembert's tip-in that was ruled after the buzzer.

Can the Dukes pull off the upset? If so, Shaver needs to shave his 'Stache. That thing is awful and he will lick it about 842 times during the game.

W&M 84
JMU 68

I wish everyone would come out for this game and pack the electric zoo. That would help the team so much! Also, isn't there a special presentation at half time?
02-14-2017 09:10 AM
nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
this one could get ugly. Hopefully not
02-14-2017 10:28 AM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
Should be a close one. WM is a really bad road team that we need to improve on.
02-14-2017 01:23 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2017 01:23 PM)TribePride52 Wrote:  Should be a close one. WM is a really bad road team that we need to improve on.

We don't discriminate on where we are bad.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o31fg6w7SQ1qazhbz_500.gif]
02-14-2017 01:40 PM
Bogey Offline
2nd String

(02-13-2017 11:19 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  The Dukes are 2 games out of 6th place and this game could put the nail in the coffin for hopes of avoiding the Keener round in Charleston.

W&M 84
JMU 68

Tony Shaver has Omar Pruitt (preseason 1st team CAA), Daniel Dixon (preseason 2nd team) and a legitimate point guard in Cohn who currently has the fifth most assists in the conference. Dixon and Pruitt were both legitimate selections. At this point in the season the only person we have playing with preseason honors is Shak. Unless you have cataracts it is pretty easy to see that Shak is horrible and not remotely deserving of any preseason honors. The last time we played W&M we had YoYo but Tom was playing with the cracked rib and we still came within one bad no call of winning the game on the road. For anybody that was paying attention Tony Shaver was quoted after the game saying that JMU's defense totally took his team our of what they were trying to do. That must have been an accident because it surely could not have been coaching. JMU has lost Yoyo for the season, Tom has a cracked rib and high ankle sprain and Joey is getting over pneumonia. You can't win the Daytona 500 when you are driving a pinto.

And for the all the people who get moist over tony shavers coaching, here are numbers to process. His record at W&M in conference prior to this year is 93 wins and 139 losses. His overall record at W&M prior to this year is 175 wins and 225 losses. I think Tony is a good coach but with that record Jeff Bourne might have fired him twice.
02-14-2017 02:26 PM
Advertisement

Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Shaver's defense is weak. He coaches offense because you have to if you don't have superior athletes. You can be very effective with finesse, skill, scheme on offense as he has shown over the years.
Great offense, bad defense.
Oh, and a terrible mustache.

If they couldn't make it to the NCAA tournament with NBA talent Marcus Thornton, then I don't know when or if they ever will. That 3 ball though is the X factor. If you can shoot the 3 like they can, then you can beat anyone in the country. It truly is the great equalizer.
Coach Rowe doesn't think so, but it is.
02-14-2017 07:20 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes are 3.5 pt dogs
02-15-2017 04:30 PM
DUKES DUKES DUKES Offline
Bench Warmer

Please students pack the electric zoo tonight for the game. Show your appreciation for the hours of hard work they put in every day. Show them that you care! It will give them a boost!
02-16-2017 09:05 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Dukes off to a fast start up 19-9 early
02-16-2017 07:19 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes on pace to score 120 tonight. :>)
02-16-2017 07:25 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Lukic came to play tonight. Wow!
02-16-2017 07:46 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Dukes taking advantage of W&M's weak defense and look like a competent offense tonight. Up 49-38 at half.
02-16-2017 07:52 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukes up 49-38 over Billy & Not A Virgin Mary at the half. Dukes shot a scorching 62% from the field. Likely the best half of ball the Dukes have played all season...at least, offensively. Hopefully the guys can come out of the locker room and bump this lead up more in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half.

No Brown tonight.
02-16-2017 07:52 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2017 07:52 PM)Hart Foundation Wrote:  Dukes taking advantage of W&M's weak defense and look like a competent offense tonight. Up 49-38 at half.

Tribe should be ashamed of themselves for the matador-defense they played in the paint for most of that half. If we had a legit point guard, he would've scored 20+ on them alone that half as they had nobody to step in front of our guys when driving.
02-16-2017 07:54 PM
Purple Pilgrim Offline
1st String

I have a feeling that JMU's lack of depth will start to show in the second period, but an nice showing so far by a bunch of seniors
02-16-2017 07:54 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Elsewhere in the CAA tonight so far...all at the half...

Delaware 32-30 over Drexel at Delaware
Charleston on the road over Hofstra 40-34
UNCW drilling Northeastern in Boston 39-19
Towson at home over Elon 37-33
02-16-2017 07:57 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2017 07:54 PM)Purple Pilgrim Wrote:  I have a feeling that JMU's lack of depth will start to show in the second period, but an nice showing so far by a bunch of seniors

Yep. Kent with "only" 5 pts at the half. Hopefully, he heats up in the next half.
02-16-2017 07:58 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I'm pretty sure W& M will launch more 3's this half. They can score in bunches
02-16-2017 08:07 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

BTW, Whitman's Stache is somehow worse than Shaver's. My wife is getting angry just watching him
02-16-2017 08:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.