Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Towson's John Davis shot in the leg
Bookmark and Share
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketb...lphia-home

This is horrible. Praying for him, his family, and his long term health. Obviously a blow to Towson down the home stretch here.
02-12-2017 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tribe_pride Online
1st String

I Root For: W&M
RE: Towson's John Davis shot in the leg
Wow! That's too bad though is good to hear that he should get better from this.

For those of you who don't remember, he had 11 points and 15 rebounds (10 defensive, 5 offensive) against us in 22 minutes.
02-12-2017 04:47 PM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
CBS Sportsline is reporting that the bullet grazed his knee and that sounds a whole lot different than ESPN saying that the bullet was still in his leg. He's a tough guy. He'll be back soon
02-12-2017 05:35 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

Holy **** that is awful. I hope he recovers quickly and something tells me that he will.
02-12-2017 07:58 PM
Advertisement

Vabird Offline
Water Engineer

02-13-2017 04:20 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

Sorry to see it, but John Davis is reported out for the rest of the year. Big impact for them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
02-14-2017 08:14 PM
WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

That is honestly too bad. I really wanted to get Towson at full strength for the last game of the regular season. I don't want to watch our boys win with an asterisk.

During the radio broadcast of the game at Towson, Colley mentioned on numerous occasions how the Tigers seemed very deep with large and athletic bodies on the bench. Perhaps losing such an important player like Davis isn't quite the handicap for Skerry's group as it would be for other CAA teams.
02-14-2017 08:23 PM
Advertisement

Tribester Offline
Banned

Feel bad for the senior, but at this point I'll take ALL the asterisks we can get! I'm also o.k. with UNCW, College of Charleston, and Elon all developing a simultaneous bout of dysentery during the CAA tourney. WHATEVA IT TAKES TO END THE CURSE!!!
02-14-2017 08:56 PM
WMInTheBurg Offline
All American

John Davis ate our lunch and was one of the key reasons for their comeback up there. This is a big loss for them.
02-14-2017 11:30 PM
TigerFan54 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson
(02-14-2017 11:30 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  John Davis ate our lunch and was one of the key reasons for their comeback up there. This is a big loss for them.

A Towson fan here. JD has been a hard worker/unsung hero all four years and the heart and soul of the team this season. This is a huge loss and severely handicaps our chances the rest of the season and in the tournament. Saddest of all is that JD challenged his teammates after the 0-4 start in league play to turn things around, which they did. This was JD's last hurrah, and now it's over for him.
02-15-2017 11:48 AM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

Hate to hear this about any student-athlete.

One Tribe. One Family.
02-15-2017 12:11 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

(02-14-2017 08:14 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Sorry to see it, but John Davis is reported out for the rest of the year. Big impact for them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

This sucks. I feel awful for him and Towson. Hate to see this. I have a deep admiration and appreciation for John Davis' heart and leadership. Hope he has a full and quick recovery.
02-15-2017 02:07 PM
Tribe84 Offline
Water Engineer

(02-15-2017 11:48 AM)TigerFan54 Wrote:  
(02-14-2017 11:30 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  John Davis ate our lunch and was one of the key reasons for their comeback up there. This is a big loss for them.

A Towson fan here. JD has been a hard worker/unsung hero all four years and the heart and soul of the team this season. This is a huge loss and severely handicaps our chances the rest of the season and in the tournament. Saddest of all is that JD challenged his teammates after the 0-4 start in league play to turn things around, which they did. This was JD's last hurrah, and now it's over for him.

Every team could use a John Davis--a vocal player who challenges his teammates and who backs it up.
02-15-2017 05:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.