Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Slow starts
Bookmark and Share
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Slow starts
The last 2 games, we've obviously gotten off to horrible starts - getting outscored 22-0. I remember a few others, so I did some research. I found a definite difference in our starts before Chad went out and after. I wasn't looking for this result, it just jumped out at me when I went through the numbers.

I will throw out those first 4 games against really bad teams since we did dominate those openings and it skews the numbers:

Since Chad got hurt, we are spotting our opponents an average of 4 points before we score. We have allowed our opponents to score first in 9 of 14 games.

Before the injury, we scored first in 4 of 7 games - and that excludes the "slaw" games. Going back through the numbers I was surprised at how many opening baskets in which Chad was involved, with either the score or the assist.

At the 5 minute mark without Chad, we have been outscored 91-110. We are trailing at just over 1-point per game.

With Chad, we outscored opponents 69-63. We were ahead 1-point per game.

It was an eye-opener to me that says Chad really impacts the opening of games. And with those first 4 games excluded, that is against higher rated teams than what we've played without Chad. Obviously we miss him. It seems we especially miss him those first 5 minutes.
02-10-2017 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
RE: Slow starts
We got it inside better when Chad was there and he put the ball in the hoop hoop hoop hoop.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 03:45 PM by snowtiger.)
02-10-2017 03:45 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
We got off to a fantastic start yesterday, then at the 9 minute mark decided to call it a day
02-13-2017 12:32 PM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
It's ovah
02-13-2017 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(02-13-2017 12:32 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  We got off to a fantastic start yesterday, then at the 9 minute mark decided to call it a day

You're right. That was definitely a different script yesterday.
02-13-2017 01:26 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(02-13-2017 12:32 PM)gotigers1 Wrote:  We got off to a fantastic start yesterday, then at the 9 minute mark decided to call it a day

This. I think we were up 24-15 before the bottom fell out.
02-13-2017 03:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.