Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Abolition gag rule
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Abolition gag rule
In 1836, the Jacksonian majority silenced former president John Quincy Adams for the same reason the Trump Republicans shut down the Massachusetts senator

" I'm talking about the very similar debate that roiled Congress 181 years ago this week. At that time, Rep. Henry Pickney of South Carolina and the conservative majority of Congress sought to silence Rep. John Quincy Adams of Massachusetts for quoting from constituent petitions calling for the abolition of slavery in the District of Columbia. "

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politic...ery-debate

It's not a coinsidence that this was used to silence Warren while reading Coretta Scott King's letter who happens to be the wife of a black civil rights leader.

These people aren't dumb. They know exactly what they are doing. It's not ever a dog whistle anymore. They aren't talking in code.

This administration has given them the confidence to show their true colors unashamed.

Trump's America

Buyers remorse anyone?

I doubt it.
02-09-2017 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Abolition gag rule
Quote:But Alveda King sees it differently. She told Fox’s Neil Cavuto Wednesday that Warren, in her view, was using the King name to her advantage.

“In that letter [Coretta Scott King] would be referring to some of [Sen. Jeff Sessions] comments,” Alveda King said. “However, she would agree today that he of course ended some [school segregation and] he worked to prosecute members of the KKK.”

“It’s almost like a bait and switch, stir up the emotions, in the name of King — and my name is Alveda King — … [and] play the race card, which she was attempting to do,” she added.
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/09/...king-name/

07-coffee3
02-09-2017 12:23 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Old Hickory
02-09-2017 12:27 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-09-2017 12:27 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Old Hickory

Old Hickory indeed. Many have compared Trump to Jackson and I don't disagree.

Andrew Jackson, IMHO was the worst president that we ever had. He also defied the Supreme Court and ordered the "Trail of Tears".
02-09-2017 12:37 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(02-09-2017 12:17 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  In 1836, the Jacksonian majority silenced former president John Quincy Adams for the same reason the Trump Republicans shut down the Massachusetts senator

Rule19 was not put in place until about 100 years ago... #FakeOldNews
02-09-2017 12:40 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
FFS, grasping at straws today I see.
02-09-2017 12:44 PM
Advertisement

hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
(02-09-2017 12:37 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 12:27 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Old Hickory

Old Hickory indeed. Many have compared Trump to Jackson and I don't disagree.

Andrew Jackson, IMHO was the worst president that we ever had. He also defied the Supreme Court and ordered the "Trail of Tears".

At least we have the new trail of tears all over this spin room.
02-09-2017 12:50 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
Abolition gag rule
[Image: 33f5d18cfec7b567582a21cc5340e892.jpg]

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
02-09-2017 01:24 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-09-2017 12:37 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Old Hickory indeed. Many have compared Trump to Jackson and I don't disagree.

I've actually seen/heard more comparisons to Coolidge than Andrew Jackson.
02-09-2017 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-09-2017 01:24 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  [Image: 33f5d18cfec7b567582a21cc5340e892.jpg]

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

That's a good look for her, and there aren't many good looks for her so she should stick with it.
02-09-2017 02:19 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(02-09-2017 12:17 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  In 1836, the Jacksonian majority silenced former president John Quincy Adams for the same reason the Trump Republicans shut down the Massachusetts senator

" I'm talking about the very similar debate that roiled Congress 181 years ago this week. At that time, Rep. Henry Pickney of South Carolina and the conservative majority of Congress sought to silence Rep. John Quincy Adams of Massachusetts for quoting from constituent petitions calling for the abolition of slavery in the District of Columbia. "

It's not a coinsidence that this was used to silence Warren while reading Coretta Scott King's letter who happens to be the wife of a black civil rights leader.

These people aren't dumb. They know exactly what they are doing. It's not ever a dog whistle anymore. They aren't talking in code.

This administration has given them the confidence to show their true colors unashamed.

Trump's America

Buyers remorse anyone?

I doubt it.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

What exactly are "they" doing?

Trying to restore some modicum of the decorum that the worlds greatest deliberative body once operated by?

Face it, progs, your buddy cowboy chasing dickhead Reid freaking wrecked ANY sense of good will, compromise and willingness to reach across the aisle a loooooong time ago.

That McConnell is trying to get that place put back in order should be commended, and yes, that means not allowing members to slander others on the Senate floor.

Lunatic Fauxcahontas was wrong and got called out, and shut down because of it.

The left used to at least have a bit of class, now? Yea, not so much.
02-09-2017 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-09-2017 02:46 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Trump's America

Buyers remorse anyone?

I doubt it.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Trying to restore some modicum of the decorum that the worlds greatest deliberative body once operated by?

Face it, progs, your buddy cowboy chasing dickhead Reid freaking wrecked ANY sense of good will, compromise and willingness to reach across the aisle a loooooong time ago.

That McConnell is trying to get that place put back in order should be commended, and yes, that means not allowing members to slander others on the Senate floor.

Well what do you think they are doing?

They have the whitest administration since the 1980's.

They have an attorney general who was too racist to be confirmed in the 1980s

They have imposed a Muslim bann.

They are attempting to limit legal immigration.

And now they have hired a lawyer that fought to continue interracial marriage bans.

And you can't figure out what they are doing? REally?
02-09-2017 02:49 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-09-2017 02:49 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 02:46 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

Trump's America

Buyers remorse anyone?

I doubt it.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Well what do you think they are doing?

They have the whitest administration since the 1980's.

They have an attorney general who was too racist to be confirmed in the 1980s

They have imposed a Muslim bann.

They are attempting to limit legal immigration.

And now they have hired a lawyer that fought to continue interracial marriage bans.

And you can't figure out what they are doing? REally?

03-melodramatic

There is no "Muslim bann" or even a Muslim Ban.
02-09-2017 02:54 PM
Hood-rich Offline

(02-09-2017 02:49 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Well what do you think they are doing?

They have the whitest administration since the 1980's. So what?

They have an attorney general who was too racist to be confirmed in the 1980s. This "racist" received this award from the NAACP.
[Image: n7R7Pit.jpg]

They have imposed a Muslim bann. It's not a Muslim ban for the 1,000th time.

They are attempting to limit legal immigration. Again, So what? It's 100% constitutional and we have 323 million in the USA right now.

And now they have hired a lawyer that fought to continue interracial marriage bans. He represented his client just like somebody has to defend a murderer. That's all there is to say about that.

And you can't figure out what they are doing? Really?

Really?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 02:58 PM by Hood-rich.)
02-09-2017 02:58 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(02-09-2017 02:58 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 02:49 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Well what do you think they are doing?

They have the whitest administration since the 1980's. So what?

They have an attorney general who was too racist to be confirmed in the 1980s. This "racist" received this award from the NAACP.
[Image: n7R7Pit.jpg]

They have imposed a Muslim bann. It's not a Muslim ban for the 1,000th time.

They are attempting to limit legal immigration. Again, So what? It's 100% constitutional and we have 323 million in the USA right now.

And now they have hired a lawyer that fought to continue interracial marriage bans. He represented his client just like somebody has to defend a murderer. That's all there is to say about that.

And you can't figure out what they are doing? Really?

Really?

It's one of those "look at me I'm not a racist" awards that racists hang in their office. Donald Sterling donated a sh*tload of money and was given not one but two awards by the NAACP.

While this picture is real and the "award" in question was found in sessions office...

However, the above-displayed award has some curious aspects to it. For instance, we found no record of anyone else’s having received an “NAACP Governmental Award of Excellence,” nor were we able to locate any reports (from 2009 or otherwise) regarding the NAACP’s honoring Sessions with such an award.

When we reached out to the NAACP for more information about the award, a staffer confirmed to us that the national NAACP office does not give out an award by that name as part of their regular honors.

Bold = NCAAP Statement:

“The NAACP is composed of more than 2,000 local and state units around the country. Upon learning of the allegation that one of those units bestowed an award on Senator Jefferson Sessions in 2009, the National Office of the NAACP immediately undertook an investigation. While we already have strong reasons to doubt that any such award was given to Senator Sessions, we will continue our investigation until we are confident that we know all of the facts. What remains true and unchanged is the NAACP’s strong opposition to the nomination of Senator Sessions to become the next Attorney General of the United States. The NAACP’s position against Senator Sessions is based on his decades of conduct as a prosecutor and, later, U.S. Senator from the State of Alabama. In matters of civil and human rights, civil liberties, fair policing, voting rights, sentencing fairness, women’s rights, hate crimes and more, Senator Sessions has repeatedly demonstrated that he is clearly unsuited to perform the duties of an Attorney General in these crucial times.”

Senator Sessions may have received this award from the Alabama state chapter of the NAACP. The date displayed on the plaque indicates that the award was given to Sessions during the “NAACP Civic and Human Rights Convention” in April 2009, and according to AL.com, the Alabama NAACP did hold a convention (called the “NAACP Civil and Human Rights Convention”) during that timeframe.

So it's pretty had to tell exactly what the deal is with that award.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 03:08 PM by john01992.)
02-09-2017 03:07 PM
Hood-rich Offline

OK, so what makes Jeff Sessions a racist?
02-09-2017 03:08 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline

(02-09-2017 03:08 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  OK, so what makes Jeff Sessions a racist?

he did try to jail people for registering black voters.
02-09-2017 03:10 PM
john01992 Offline

He was also one of the worst abusers of the crack vs powered cocaine sentencing controversy.
02-09-2017 03:10 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Moot point. He is the AG
02-09-2017 03:11 PM
Hood-rich Offline

(02-09-2017 03:10 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 03:08 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  OK, so what makes Jeff Sessions a racist?

he did try to jail people for registering black voters.

He was acting in his official capacity in a voter fraud case. Try again.
02-09-2017 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.