Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OH OH- BIG 12 WITHHOLDS SOME OF BAYLOR REVENUE
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
OH OH- BIG 12 WITHHOLDS SOME OF BAYLOR REVENUE
“The Board is unified in establishing a process to verify that proper institutional controls are in place and sustainable,” Oklahoma president and Big 12 board chair David Boren said in a statement. “Effective immediately, the Conference is withholding 25 percent of Baylor’s share of any future revenue distribution until the proper execution of controls is independently verified. By taking these actions the Board desires to ensure that the changes that were promised are actually made and that systems are in place to avoid future problems. The proportional withholding of revenue distribution payments will be in effect until the Board has determined that Baylor is in compliance with Conference bylaws and regulations as well as all components of Title IX.”

After it became clear just how horribly Baylor had been handling accusations of sexual assault at the university, the conference asked in June for a release of all information from the third-party investigation into Baylor’s actions.

Big 12
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 05:27 PM by cuseroc.)
02-08-2017 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: OH OH- BIG 12 WITHHOLDS SOME OF BAYLOR REVENUE
It's being escrowed. They get the money as soon as they fast talk their way into showing they've made things better. Probably going to require a powerpoint presentation and some buzz words.
02-08-2017 05:26 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Curious what the metrics are for improvement

A year without FB player rapes?
02-08-2017 05:31 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(02-08-2017 05:31 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Curious what the metrics are for improvement

NAh. Just a year without a coach getting arrested in a prostitution sting.

I think they felt like showing they were willing to just pay for the poontang was an improvement over the past actions of just taking it forcibly.

Now they have to come up with another plan since hookers didn't' work either. Maybe just strippers and no sex.
02-08-2017 06:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(02-08-2017 05:31 PM)10thMountain Wrote:  Curious what the metrics are for improvement

Come on man. Baylor needs something they can actually achieve.
02-08-2017 08:30 PM
kreed5120 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Akron
(02-08-2017 06:22 PM)p23570 Wrote:  

NAh. Just a year without a coach getting arrested in a prostitution sting.

I think they felt like showing they were willing to just pay for the poontang was an improvement over the past actions of just taking it forcibly.

Now they have to come up with another plan since hookers didn't' work either. Maybe just strippers and no sex.

Might want to consult Louisville before moving to strippers.
02-08-2017 08:53 PM
p23570
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Some would say the money the Big 12 will withhold is chump change compared to the Baylor baptist hush money being thrown around. I saw someone mention nearly a quarter of a billion so far. No idea if that is accurate.
02-08-2017 11:01 PM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.