Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Scoreboard and Sound System
Bookmark and Share
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
New Scoreboard and Sound System
Sounds like UC is getting the new scoreboard and sound system that were talked about. Bohn noted that their partnership with FCC has allowed them to moved forward the timeline on these projects.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ne...adium.html

02-08-2017 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
RE: New Scoreboard and Sound System
(02-08-2017 01:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Sounds like UC is getting the new scoreboard and sound system that were talked about. Bohn noted that their partnership with FCC has allowed them to moved forward the timeline on these projects.

Thank God!!! Our old one is embarrassingly bad.

02-08-2017 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Fantastic news. Seems it'll be installed and ready to go by next season. Even better.

02-08-2017 01:28 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

It mentions more ribbon boards as well!

02-08-2017 01:42 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
This is great. Catches up with the rest of Nippert as an A+ facility .

We heard this was in the plans eventually ever since Renovation I started . Patience has prevailed .

02-08-2017 01:54 PM
mbj655 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
Great news!

02-08-2017 01:58 PM
Advertisement

Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(02-08-2017 01:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Sounds like UC is getting the new scoreboard and sound system that were talked about. Bohn noted that their partnership with FCC has allowed them to moved forward the timeline on these projects.

Wonder what all the futbol dissenters have to say about this?

<crickets>

02-08-2017 01:58 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(02-08-2017 01:27 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  

That's an insult to other bad things. Maybe we can donate the old system to a CYO team, or a museum dedicated to things that are worse than bad.

02-08-2017 02:02 PM
JunctaJuvant Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: X-mas Cookies
I know I'm old ..... but ..... is there any way we can keep it at a 6? I hate it when they turn it all the way up to 10 !

02-08-2017 02:13 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(02-08-2017 01:58 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  

<crickets>

Um...these are things we actually need?

02-08-2017 02:26 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

Sitting in Shank is a strange blend of bleeding from the ears due to volumes normally reserved for convincing South American dictators to surrender and leave their compound and not being able to understand a word due to the fact that the 120 dBs are an indecipherable garbled mess.

02-08-2017 02:40 PM
Advertisement

Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(02-08-2017 02:40 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Sitting in Shank is a strange blend of bleeding from the ears due to volumes normally reserved for convincing South American dictators to surrender and leave their compound and not being able to understand a word due to the fact that the 120 dBs are an indecipherable garbled mess.

But thank God we have minor league soccer, now your eardrums will rest in peace.

02-08-2017 02:47 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
In other renovation updates .. a live look in at FCC Nippert modifications...

[Image: 2.jpg]

02-08-2017 02:50 PM
WalterSobchak Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MY BEARCATS
(02-08-2017 02:50 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  In other renovation updates .. a live look in at FCC Nippert modifications...

03-lmfao

Why didn't they just finish the bowl...

02-08-2017 03:02 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(02-08-2017 02:50 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  In other renovation updates .. a live look in at FCC Nippert modifications...

Love the new 1 story press box...very efficient.

02-08-2017 03:03 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I always thought our new ribbon boards looked incomplete. I'm hoping they wrap around the curves on either side now. Will also be interesting to see renders and concepts for our new HD scoreboard.

I think with the new boards and sound system we will be able to re-engineering the crowd in a way we haven't done before. Perfect timing too, considering the hype surrounding Fickell, and the likely large crowds we will hopefully be dealing with next season. A good atmosphere mixed with a hopefully good on field product will make some great impressions.

Props to Bohn and Ono for bringing in the extra revenue to move this process along more swiftly. We might be waiting a few more years otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2017 03:03 PM by The T-Shirt.)
02-08-2017 03:03 PM
Advertisement

dbernie41 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
This is excellent news and will really help Nippert feel up to date. This with the hype around Fickell should definitely bring some energy back to the stadium.

02-08-2017 03:07 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

(02-08-2017 03:03 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  I always thought our new ribbon boards looked incomplete. I'm hoping they wrap around the curves on either side now. Will also be interesting to see renders and concepts for our new HD scoreboard.

I think with the new boards and sound system we will be able to re-engineering the crowd in a way we haven't done before. Perfect timing too, considering the hype surrounding Fickell, and the likely large crowds we will hopefully be dealing with next season. A good atmosphere mixed with a hopefully good on field product will make some great impressions.

Props to Bohn and Ono for bringing in the extra revenue to move this process along more swiftly. We might be waiting a few more years otherwise.

I remember Bohn saying that they couldn't put full ribbon board in back when it was installed because they ran out of money and it cost $12,000 per foot or something like that.

02-08-2017 03:09 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

(02-08-2017 03:09 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 03:03 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  I always thought our new ribbon boards looked incomplete. I'm hoping they wrap around the curves on either side now. Will also be interesting to see renders and concepts for our new HD scoreboard.

I remember Bohn saying that they couldn't put full ribbon board in back when it was installed because they ran out of money and it cost $12,000 per foot or something like that.

I believe it. Ribbon boards can't be cheap, let alone ribbon boards that need to curve.

02-08-2017 03:16 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-08-2017 03:25 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 01:58 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  

<crickets>

I am not a "futbol" dissenter but I wonder how did the partnership allow UC to move forward? The article makes it seem that UC is paying for the new scoreboard.

I'm not trying to argue anything, I just want to know specifically how the partnership helped.

"The scoreboard is still dependent on UC's ability to finish raising funds for the project."

Because UC makes good money off the partnership. It's not rocket science.

02-08-2017 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.