Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

W&M (home)
Bookmark and Share
dan10 Online
1st String

I Root For: Drexel
W&M (home)
Our team finally got a chance to breathe and rest after 5 games in 10 days. However, I am not sure the rest will help us in this one. W&M throttled us a little over a week ago. Their offense will still cause us lots of fits. We really will need to commit to defense if we want this one to stay close. We played absolutely zero defense last time against them and that must change.

They will likely be without Omar Prewitt which should help us out some. We need to commit to Rodney down low and let him work. That will open up our shooters as they collapse on him. Their defense is not good either so scoring will come, but it can't be stressed enough about putting all of the focus on the defensive end. I would venture to guess Drexel will be about a 4 point underdog in this one. I think this game will be closer than the last one, but I just don't see us slowing down their offensive machine or Daniel Dixon.

W&M- 86
DU- 78
02-08-2017 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

bdragon Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: W&M (home)
W&M is the better team in this one, even on the road. We'll play them close in one of the "halves" but in the other half, W&M will overmatch Drexel by about 10 pts. (Saturday is the game we'll win, this week.)
02-08-2017 01:58 PM
Water Boy Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-08-2017 01:58 PM)bdragon Wrote:  W&M is the better team in this one, even on the road. We'll play them close in one of the "halves" but in the other half, W&M will overmatch Drexel by about 10 pts. (Saturday is the game we'll win, this week.)

Prewitt has been out and could miss the game and they've had others sick and out of practice including Dixon. I think we should at least be able to keep it close.
02-08-2017 10:29 PM
Dragon For Life Offline
2nd String

Sounds like the Steelers... maybe someone should pull the fire alarm too :).
02-08-2017 11:16 PM

EvanJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Hofstra
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2017/predict-games gives a "Resid Prediction" for Drexel to lose their third consecutive close game, 85-84.
02-09-2017 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Water Boy Offline
Bench Warmer

11 - 0 is the start we all expected right? Kari on fire.
02-09-2017 07:10 PM
Water Boy Offline
Bench Warmer

I was pretty sure the 20+ point lead wouldn't last, but hey you have to take a 10 point lead at the half. Hopefully we can keep it going in the second half. Kurk had a quiet first half, I think we'll need him to get going a bit to go with Rodney inside. Or another 16 from Kari would be good.
02-09-2017 07:53 PM

J.B. Offline
2nd String

I was really surprised by the way that they played in the 2nd half. I was expecting WM to make a big run and close the game. Credit the team for the big win.

On the way home, listening to the postgame show. I got a big laugh from Iceman when he said in his European accent "We were really pissed off by the way we played against William and Mary last time".

I thought all season that this team is much better than their record indicates. Now we'll find out if tonight was a fluke, or will they be able to carry this momentum the rest of the season.
02-09-2017 09:26 PM
Water Boy Offline
Bench Warmer

I pretty much agree with everything JB said there.

Perhaps the most surprising thing for me about the second half is that we did it without Rodney scoring a lot.

It was nice to hear Spiker giving a shout out to the walkons postgame both on the radio and his press conference.
02-09-2017 10:48 PM
dan10 Online
1st String

I thought at half we were doomed. W&M shot 48% overall in the first half and we led by 10, and that was with W&M like 2-10 from 3 point land. We were shooting like 47% and I assumed we would regress and they would keep lighting us up. However, that didnt happen and it was nice to see this team keep the effort up in the second half. I know W&M has road problems, but this was about the most complete game we have played this year, or at least during conference play anyhow. Good work all around by the players and coaches
02-10-2017 07:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.