Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

There's no d in toleo
Bookmark and Share
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
There's no d in toleo
The possession that summed up defense under this coaching staff over the past 5 years was the wide open 3 off the inbounds at the end of the first OT to force 2OT. What the hell was toledo doing?

I'm done going to any games until this program gets someone in that can emphasize some defense. Can't watch this horrid brand of basketball any longer. It's a layup line and wide open 3s.

Zach Denny took every 3 from the same spot on the floor and everyone in the gym except for Toledo players and coaches knew what was coming.
02-04-2017 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

magoo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TOLEDO
RE: There's no d in toleo
(02-04-2017 06:52 PM)adunifon Wrote:  The possession that summed up defense under this coaching staff over the past 5 years was the wide open 3 off the inbounds at the end of the first OT to force 2OT. What the hell was toledo doing?

I'm done going to any games until this program gets someone in that can emphasize some defense. Can't watch this horrid brand of basketball any longer. It's a layup line and wide open 3s.

Zach Denny took every 3 from the same spot on the floor and everyone in the gym except for Toledo players and coaches knew what was coming.

From the game thread....I'm sorry, but I'm just flat tired of the lack of Defense with Coach K. We've had enough talent in the last few years that with even modest defense to have won the MAC. Bobby Nichols and Jim MacDonald are rolling over in their graves.
It's time for this guy to go! We will never be better than an average MAC team with this guy.
You have a 7 point lead with under 2 minutes and give up open shot after open shot.
Just horrible.
Coach K needs to go!
02-04-2017 06:55 PM
Screwball Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Denny was 5 for 5 from 3, 21 points in the second half.
02-04-2017 06:55 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

There's no d in toleo
(02-04-2017 06:55 PM)magoo Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 06:52 PM)adunifon Wrote:  The possession that summed up defense under this coaching staff over the past 5 years was the wide open 3 off the inbounds at the end of the first OT to force 2OT. What the hell was toledo doing?

From the game thread....I'm sorry, but I'm just flat tired of the lack of Defense with Coach K. We've had enough talent in the last few years that with even modest defense to have won the MAC. Bobby Nichols and Jim MacDonald are rolling over in their graves.
It's time for this guy to go! We will never be better than an average MAC team with this guy.
You have a 7 point lead with under 2 minutes and give up open shot after open shot.
Just horrible.
Coach K needs to go!

Gotta be the fastest a 7 point lead was ever blown. Just amazing.
02-04-2017 06:56 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

There's no d in toleo
(02-04-2017 06:55 PM)Screwball Wrote:  Denny was 5 for 5 from 3, 21 points in the second half.

Yeah, you notice a trend? Every team has guys that have career nights against us, cause it's like a shooting drill. Where the nearest defender is 3 miles away.
02-04-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Yep. Letting BGSUx put up 100. 03-melodramatic Just imagine, a really good team might have put up 150 on us.
02-04-2017 07:29 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

(02-04-2017 07:29 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Yep. Letting BGSUx put up 100. 03-melodramatic Just imagine, a really good team might have put up 150 on us.

I am going watch the walleye, at least they play D
02-04-2017 08:35 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(02-04-2017 08:35 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 07:29 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  Yep. Letting BGSUx put up 100. 03-melodramatic Just imagine, a really good team might have put up 150 on us.

The Walleye are something special this year.
02-04-2017 09:27 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

You are not the only one who is constantly feeling this way about Coach K and his defensive strategy. It's becoming a trend. I'm not even sure he has a defensive strategy.
02-04-2017 09:29 PM
Advertisement

adunifon Offline
Heisman

There's no d in toleo
(02-04-2017 09:29 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

You are not the only one who is constantly feeling this way about Coach K and his defensive strategy. It's becoming a trend. I'm not even sure he has a defensive strategy.

The most sickening part is that a large part of defense is just effort.
02-04-2017 09:53 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

I'm not defending Coach K but the rule changes in Coiiege Hoops has nullified good perimeter defense over the past few seasons. Officials won't allow defenders to play D the way Nichols, McDonald and Joplin coached defense in the past.

The new rules are written to allow offensive players more space and freedom of movement. Defenders who “get into” a ball handler will invariably be called for a foul, even if the offensive player contacts them. The rules have essentially taken away trapping on defense to protect the offensive players "cylinder" or "space on the floor".

I love watching a good defense that creates fast breaks and an explosive offense. The way the game is being played is lot less fun to watch for me.
02-04-2017 11:24 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

UC (Cincinnati), UD (dayton) and UM play excellent defense in their respective leagues. Got to play with a lot of heart on D with excellent communication with each other of defense. Excellent help out defense, and having your hands in the air, and moving your feet is all excellent characteristics of great defense. It hurts when you don't have a good bench due to defections, an injury, and being out hustle on recruiting good bench players in the MAC. With a excellent class coming in, the bench should get better with the returning players. Talent UT has, with Jon Jon who was recruited highly by other teams, transfer Steve Taylor from Marquette U., Sanford who was recruited and offered by Butler, and Nate Navigato who was offered by Penn State. Thats it until Knapke comes into his own every game. I have given up on Adway as well as coach has ( Adway did not play against BGSU). Just maybe coach needs to slow things down on offense so the players don't tire out in the end.
02-05-2017 12:29 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
if he just subbed a little more and emphasized defense late we'd be 4 or 5 games over 500. most of our losses this year have come losing late leads and being outhuslted down the stretch and OT
02-05-2017 02:25 AM
Advertisement

cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(02-04-2017 11:24 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  I'm not defending Coach K but the rule changes in Coiiege Hoops has nullified good perimeter defense over the past few seasons. Officials won't allow defenders to play D the way Nichols, McDonald and Joplin coached defense in the past.

The new rules are written to allow offensive players more space and freedom of movement. Defenders who “get into” a ball handler will invariably be called for a foul, even if the offensive player contacts them. The rules have essentially taken away trapping on defense to protect the offensive players "cylinder" or "space on the floor".

I love watching a good defense that creates fast breaks and an explosive offense. The way the game is being played is lot less fun to watch for me.

AMEN TO MOST OF THIS ... ALTHOUGH THERE ARE STILL WAYS TO PLAY MUCH, MUCH, MUCH BETTER DEFENSE THAN WHAT THE ROCKETS DO ...
02-05-2017 08:02 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(02-05-2017 02:25 AM)pono Wrote:  if he just subbed a little more and emphasized defense late we'd be 4 or 5 games over 500. most of our losses this year have come losing late leads and being outhuslted down the stretch and OT

And made our free throws.
02-05-2017 08:09 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(02-04-2017 08:35 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  

Silly goose, thats 3 losses in a row for them too! 5-2 Kzoo.
02-05-2017 09:51 AM
magoo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TOLEDO
(02-05-2017 08:02 AM)cleveland Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 11:24 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  I'm not defending Coach K but the rule changes in Coiiege Hoops has nullified good perimeter defense over the past few seasons. Officials won't allow defenders to play D the way Nichols, McDonald and Joplin coached defense in the past.

AMEN TO MOST OF THIS ... ALTHOUGH THERE ARE STILL WAYS TO PLAY MUCH, MUCH, MUCH BETTER DEFENSE THAN WHAT THE ROCKETS DO ...

Watch Butler play defense. It's called the Butler way. Their athletes aren't anymore talented than UT's. It's coaching and hustle. It's time for Coach K to go!
02-05-2017 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.