Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Talk Radio
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Talk Radio
Does anyone listen to talk radio?

What are some good sports talk shows that do not rehash NFL, Lebron, and Warriors topics over and over?

How about politics? Are there any good radio guys that don't regurgitate the same talking points over and over. I'm on the conservative/right side of the aisle but cannot stand Hannity and am not a big fan of Rush either. Glenn Beck is ok because I think he is the most honest and willing to present both sides, but is too doom and gloom to consistently listen to.

02-03-2017 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Talk Radio
Hannity and Rush can't debate people live on the air. They suck. I generally stick to WLW anymore as I like their lineup, more lighthearted.

I gave up on sports talk. It is awful.

02-03-2017 12:40 PM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
You couldn't pay me to listen to talk radio.

In its place, I go with a few different podcasts - Pardon My Take being my favorite. I think it's hilarious but still gives you a little bit of the topical stories happening in sports.

There are also plenty of good political podcasts, but my experience is that you have to sample a few before you find something that you really like. And don't just listen to one episode; give it a try for a week or so before switching.

02-03-2017 12:47 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
Try Mark Levin podcasts. He's very right, but extremely bright.

02-03-2017 12:51 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Like others have stated you'd best be served going podcast for politics. I like listening to Ben Shapiro, Dennis Prager, Dave Rubin and sometimes Adam Carolla for some humor steeped in politics.

Can't stand sports talk radio.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 01:11 PM by CliftonAve.)
02-03-2017 01:10 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(02-03-2017 12:47 PM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  You couldn't pay me to listen to talk radio.

In its place, I go with a few different podcasts - Pardon My Take being my favorite. I think it's hilarious but still gives you a little bit of the topical stories happening in sports.

There are also plenty of good political podcasts, but my experience is that you have to sample a few before you find something that you really like. And don't just listen to one episode; give it a try for a week or so before switching.

Love Pardon My Take. People that never take themselves too seriously. Sports is fun to them as it should be.

02-03-2017 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

02-03-2017 01:30 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
As far as wacky racial political stuff Tommy Sotomayor is a famous youtuber. He is hilarious.
GTS recently suggested Joe Rogan Experience podcast which he does on youtube. He has on guests and topics on everything under the sun. He had a couple of researchers on so I bought the one of the guys books.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/125011...UTF8&psc=1

There are some very entertaining "amateurs" on alternative media. I started listening the Willie around
1989, but don't really follow anyone.

02-03-2017 01:54 PM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
Ben Shapiro's podcast is an excellent political broadcast from a libertarian / conservative perspective.

Joe Rogan is hit and miss. He likes his drugs, and talking about them, too much.

02-03-2017 02:38 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-03-2017 12:40 PM)mlb Wrote:  Hannity and Rush can't debate people live on the air. They suck. I generally stick to WLW anymore as I like their lineup, more lighthearted.

I gave up on sports talk. It is awful.

Hannity and Rush are an embarrassment to conservative/liberarians. I like Eddie and Tracy, but haven't really listened to Willie in a while, his schtick has kinda gotter old.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 04:09 PM by jarr.)
02-03-2017 04:09 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-03-2017 12:51 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  Try Mark Levin podcasts. He's very right, but extremely bright.

I like Levin, he knows his sh*t. I can only take so muh of his rants and tirades though, he needs to lighten up a little bit.

02-03-2017 04:11 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Yesterday and today, Mo Egger is filling in for Lance McAllister on 700 WLW. If Mo were always on 700 WLW, it would definitely be worth listening to. Lance, however, is a renowned OSU apologist and is therefore unbearable most of the time.

02-03-2017 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
Podcasting is the way to go. Radiolab is still my favorite. NPR product, but not a news source. Just really good non fiction story telling.

02-03-2017 08:40 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(02-03-2017 08:40 PM)glacier_dropsy Wrote:  Podcasting is the way to go. Radiolab is still my favorite. NPR product, but not a news source. Just really good non fiction story telling.

Radiolab is great. So are the TED talks, and Fresh Air.

02-03-2017 09:36 PM
InspectorHound Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-03-2017 06:41 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  Yesterday and today, Mo Egger is filling in for Lance McAllister on 700 WLW. If Mo were always on 700 WLW, it would definitely be worth listening to. Lance, however, is a renowned OSU apologist and is therefore unbearable most of the time.

Mo has a face for radio and a voice for ... anything but radio

02-03-2017 10:20 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

Turned on Rush yesterday during my lunch break, and had to turn it off after about 5 minutes. What an embarrassment he is to conservatives/libertarians, that some how people think he is our leader or something. All he does is spew hate and negative rhetoric.

02-07-2017 12:45 PM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(02-03-2017 08:40 PM)glacier_dropsy Wrote:  Podcasting is the way to go. Radiolab is still my favorite. NPR product, but not a news source. Just really good non fiction story telling.

Chiming in a bit late in the game, but absolutely agree with you. I can't listen to Talk Radio, even if I generally agree with the content. I'm more into the storytelling mode with what I'm listening to and, frankly, feel it's increasingly important to listen to people's stories and experiences. My go-to podcasts are The Moth and This American Life. The Longform is a great one hour weekly interview with a different nonfiction writer. Being nonfiction writers, many do touch on hot button and political issues, but it's a great deep dive into big issues of our time.

02-07-2017 01:00 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm done with listening to the dial. Tuned into 1530 on way to work this morning for Mike and Mike hoping to get some college hoops talk or maybe some spring training baseball talk, since it is now the middle of March. And of course all they want to talk about is the NFL off season happenings with Romo, Brandon Marshall, etc. Switch over to 1360, and the same thing.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 07:58 AM by jarr.)
03-09-2017 07:49 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
(03-09-2017 07:49 AM)jarr Wrote:  I'm done with listening to the dial. Tuned into 1530 kn way to work this morning for Mike and Mike hoping to get some college hoops talk or maybe some spring training baseball talk, since it is now the morning idle of March. And of course all they want to talk about is the NFL off season happenings with Romo, Brandon Marshall, etc. Switch over to 1360, and the same thing.

Mike and Mike are consistently the worst thing on Sports Talk Radio.

03-09-2017 07:52 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-09-2017 07:52 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 07:49 AM)jarr Wrote:  I'm done with listening to the dial. Tuned into 1530 kn way to work this morning for Mike and Mike hoping to get some college hoops talk or maybe some spring training baseball talk, since it is now the morning idle of March. And of course all they want to talk about is the NFL off season happenings with Romo, Brandon Marshall, etc. Switch over to 1360, and the same thing.

Mike and Mike are consistently the worst thing on Sports Talk Radio.

I hate them too, but still listen sometimes out of habit or something

03-09-2017 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.