Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico
He told Nieto in a phone call that they had "bad hombres" down there, and if the Mexican military was too scared to act, he would send in American troops because they werent scared.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...mbres.html
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 09:50 AM by UofMstateU.)
02-02-2017 09:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
RE: Trump threatens to send troops into Mexico
[Image: aa_pershing_mexico_3_e.jpg]
02-02-2017 09:55 AM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
I would hope that the Mexican government would be more than willing to allow it, clearly they can't handle the bad hombres.
02-02-2017 09:56 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Fake news?

Mexican government says Trump never threatened to send troops to Mexico

Quote:e Mexican government on Wednesday vehemently denied reports that President Trump threatened to send American soldiers into Mexico during a phone call with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Such a threat “did not happen during that call,” said a government statement released on Twitter Wednesday night.

"I know it with absolute certainty, there was no threat,” Peña Nieto spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said in a radio interview. “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie."

The Associated Press and a Mexican news website, Aristegui Noticias, reported earlier in the day that Trump had humiliated Peña Nieto during a phone call between the leaders on Friday.
02-02-2017 10:02 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(02-02-2017 10:02 AM)VA49er Wrote:  Fake news?

Mexican government says Trump never threatened to send troops to Mexico

Quote:e Mexican government on Wednesday vehemently denied reports that President Trump threatened to send American soldiers into Mexico during a phone call with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto.

Such a threat “did not happen during that call,” said a government statement released on Twitter Wednesday night.

"I know it with absolute certainty, there was no threat,” Peña Nieto spokesman Eduardo Sanchez said in a radio interview. “The things that have been said are nonsense and a downright lie."

The Associated Press and a Mexican news website, Aristegui Noticias, reported earlier in the day that Trump had humiliated Peña Nieto during a phone call between the leaders on Friday.

Its not fake, but it probably wasnt necessarily a threat either. Trump told Nieto what Nieto already knew, that they have some really bad people down by the border. And the mexican military is probably scared to take them on due to the power they wield down there. And if the mexican military didnt want to take them on , the american military would gladly step up.

The phone call was probably simply stating that either mexico or america was going to step it up down there. And if Nieto couldnt get his military to do it, then be prepared for the american military to cross the border and clean it up.

The phone call was likely cordial as reported. But Nieto understands he is going to have to act, or he is going to have to be ok with american troops crossing the border to clean up the area down there. Neither of those decisions are going to be easy or pretty on his side.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 10:16 AM by UofMstateU.)
02-02-2017 10:15 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Offering assistance if asked is fine. If he threatened to send troops into Mexico, he's sorely in need of being taught his place.

Eh, ****** needed his daddy teaching him his place when he was a small turd. To late to polish him now. We're just stuck with the stink.
02-02-2017 10:17 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(02-02-2017 10:17 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Offering assistance if asked is fine. If he threatened to send troops into Mexico, he's sorely in need of being taught his place.

Eh, ****** needed his daddy teaching him his place when he was a small turd. To late to polish him now. We're just stuck with the stink.

Is the the establishment talking points of the day? Are you guys butthurt over Trumps cabinet picks? Or maybe his SC pick? Or the fact that he's cutting government regulations and the workforce. Remind me again which of these actions has the establishment butthurt. I cant keep track of it all.

How's Kasich been doing lately? Havent heard sh*t about him in a while.
02-02-2017 10:22 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(02-02-2017 10:15 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The phone call was probably simply stating that either mexico or america was going to step it up down there. And if Nieto couldnt get his military to do it, then be prepared for the american military to cross the border and clean it up.

But Nieto understands he is going to have to act, or he is going to have to be ok with american troops crossing the border to clean up the area down there. Neither of those decisions are going to be easy or pretty on his side.

Hum.

Maybe they will get started on that wall now to keep us out.
02-02-2017 10:23 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(02-02-2017 10:22 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:17 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Offering assistance if asked is fine. If he threatened to send troops into Mexico, he's sorely in need of being taught his place.

Is the the establishment talking points of the day? Are you guys butthurt over Trumps cabinet picks? Or maybe his SC pick? Or the fact that he's cutting government regulations and the workforce. Remind me again which of these actions has the establishment butthurt. I cant keep track of it all.

How's Kasich been doing lately? Havent heard sh*t about him in a while.

You're a silly little man.

But I'll humor your dumb ass one more time. I like his cabinet picks. Not Bannon. SC pick is good. Don't know what Kasich or any other "establishment" thinks nor do I care. Pretty sure the "establishment" has been for cutting regulations and the workforce. So am I. Seriously, can't say as I'm hearing the "establishment" making noise over your list. Guess you're just spewing the alt rights talking points of the day,eh.

You really don't understand the gravity of such a threat if he made one?
02-02-2017 10:33 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
We've got some "bad hombres" too. Mexico would be wise to do everything they can to keep us from having to send them south.

[Image: 1516ba6a67a798f3be159194b8a819dd.jpg]
02-02-2017 10:35 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I dont think Mexico will be detaining any of our vets again like they did under cuckold Obama. That is for sure.
02-02-2017 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Regardless of what was actually said, what everyone here would agree with is that Trump has shown our allies a very different approach than any other POTUS in recent memory.

He has upset or drawn the ire of Canada, Mexico and now Australia.

I don't see any gain in alienating our closes allies.
02-02-2017 10:36 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2017 10:36 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Regardless of what was actually said, what everyone here would agree with is that Trump has shown our allies a very different approach than any other POTUS in recent memory.

Oh God, what are we ever to do without the help of Canada, Mexico and Australia? Who will we turn to for our maple syrup, chimichangas, and Crocodile Dundee sequels?
02-02-2017 10:37 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
The issue is that some people in the military and police down in Mexico are on the payrolls of the different cartels. They are trying to clean house which is why they sent El Chappo to us because they can't trust their own people guarding him in their prison.
02-02-2017 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-02-2017 10:36 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Regardless of what was actually said, what everyone here would agree with is that Trump has shown our allies a very different approach than any other POTUS in recent memory.

Short memory syndrome? Obama and Israel come to mind.
02-02-2017 10:39 AM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2017 10:39 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

Yeah, unlike Mexico, Australia, and Canada - Israel is actually an ally with strategic importance.
02-02-2017 10:40 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(02-02-2017 10:39 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  The issue is that some people in the military and police down in Mexico are on the payrolls of the different cartels. They are trying to clean house which is why they sent El Chappo to us because they can't trust their own people guarding him in their prison.

This is very true. Cartels kill Judges, kidnap lots of people.
02-02-2017 10:41 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-02-2017 10:37 AM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

Oh God, what are we ever to do without the help of Canada, Mexico and Australia? Who will we turn to for our maple syrup, chimichangas, and Crocodile Dundee sequels?

I never said we needed those countries to do anything. That doesn't mean you have to act like an ******* to the people who are on your side.

Has it ever occurred to you that these countries can provide intelligence if not military might?
02-02-2017 10:44 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Great, lets send troops into another country.
02-02-2017 10:46 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-02-2017 10:39 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

I'll give you that one. I won't deny that Israel and Obama were not the best of friends. Still, it was just Israel. Trump has pissed off four or five of our allies in the first week.
02-02-2017 10:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.