Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hate crime investigation suspended by SDSU PD
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Hate crime investigation suspended by SDSU PD
http://www.thedailyaztec.com/81104/news/...by-sdsupd/

"San Diego State police have suspended the investigation of a strong-arm robbery of a female student on Nov. 9, who was believed to have been targeted because of her Muslim faith, according to a statement from campus administrators on the day of the incident. The investigation was put on hold after police exhausted all leads and the student decided not to pursue criminal charges any longer.....

The victim was uninjured in the incident, but when police arrived, they found her vehicle missing, the safety alert read at the time. A protest was planned for Nov. 14, five days after the incident was reported. Various on-campus organizations, including the SDSU Muslim Student Association and Students for Justice in Palestine, encouraged students to attend. However, the protest did not take place. 'The victim has reached out to us and has told us that she would like us to not have a demonstration tomorrow,' said a Nov. 13 Facebook post from the SDSU Muslim Student Association.....

SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson said the report of a stolen vehicle was later determined to be unfounded. 'It was discovered that the victim forgot where they had parked the vehicle and had initially believed it to be stolen,' he said in an email. 'Our officers looked at available surveillance video, followed up with the victim, and attempted to verify statements related to the case,' he said in an email. 'The victim made the choice to no longer pursue the matter and we suspended the case as we had no further workable leads.' "
02-01-2017 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Hate crime investigation suspended by SDSU PD
Quote:The investigation was put on hold after police exhausted all leads and the student decided not to pursue criminal charges any longer.....

Case closed.
02-01-2017 01:49 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(02-01-2017 01:46 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  http://www.thedailyaztec.com/81104/news/...by-sdsupd/

"San Diego State police have suspended the investigation of a strong-arm robbery of a female student on Nov. 9, who was believed to have been targeted because of her Muslim faith, according to a statement from campus administrators on the day of the incident. The investigation was put on hold after police exhausted all leads and the student decided not to pursue criminal charges any longer.....

The victim was uninjured in the incident, but when police arrived, they found her vehicle missing, the safety alert read at the time. A protest was planned for Nov. 14, five days after the incident was reported. Various on-campus organizations, including the SDSU Muslim Student Association and Students for Justice in Palestine, encouraged students to attend. However, the protest did not take place. 'The victim has reached out to us and has told us that she would like us to not have a demonstration tomorrow,' said a Nov. 13 Facebook post from the SDSU Muslim Student Association.....

SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson said the report of a stolen vehicle was later determined to be unfounded. 'It was discovered that the victim forgot where they had parked the vehicle and had initially believed it to be stolen,' he said in an email. 'Our officers looked at available surveillance video, followed up with the victim, and attempted to verify statements related to the case,' he said in an email. 'The victim made the choice to no longer pursue the matter and we suspended the case as we had no further workable leads.' "

Ok...so the 6 murdered by a Trump/Le Pen supporting terrorist in Quebec are now alive?

And did Fox News actually prominently report their mistake in identifying the suspect as a Muslim from Morocco?

---

So White Nationalist violence is a real thing and Fox News gets it wrong too.
02-01-2017 01:49 PM
LeFlâneur Offline
Banned

I Root For: USC
(02-01-2017 01:46 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  SDSUPD Cpl. Mark Peterson said the report of a stolen vehicle was later determined to be unfounded. 'It was discovered that the victim forgot where they had parked the vehicle ...'

Wait a second, I've had that dream. I'll bet she can't find the classroom for her final exam either.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 02:05 PM by LeFlâneur.)
02-01-2017 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(02-01-2017 01:49 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Ok...so the 6 murdered by a Trump/Le Pen supporting terrorist in Quebec are now alive?

And did Fox News actually prominently report their mistake in identifying the suspect as a Muslim from Morocco?

---

This has what to do with the events in San Diego?
02-01-2017 02:24 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2017 02:24 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 01:49 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Ok...so the 6 murdered by a Trump/Le Pen supporting terrorist in Quebec are now alive?

---

I maintain the OP is really an attempt to belittle and marginalize the real issue of violence against minorities. To be clear, people who cry wolf do everyone a disservice, but still.....

Everyone knows (or should know) to not fly off the handle immediately after an event and let the investigation take place or to at least figure out some of the facts before drawing conclusions.

But its clear that white nationalism is a real thing and that people in Canada AND the USA (Dylann Roof, Eric Rudolph, etc.) do act out on it. Its also clear that some people, seeking attention will sometimes make stuff up.

I think had the OP been accompanied by a statement acknowleging that white nationalism/anti-Muslim violence is a real thing, then I'd be less irritated with it.
02-01-2017 02:31 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2017 02:31 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 02:24 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  This has what to do with the events in San Diego?

I maintain the OP is really an attempt to belittle and marginalize the real issue of violence against minorities. To be clear, people who cry wolf do everyone a disservice, but still.....

Everyone knows (or should know) to not fly off the handle immediately after an event and let the investigation take place or to at least figure out some of the facts before drawing conclusions.

But its clear that white nationalism is a real thing and that people in Canada AND the USA (Dylann Roof, Eric Rudolph, etc.) do act out on it. Its also clear that some people, seeking attention will sometimes make stuff up.

Is it your contention that "black nationalism" is not a thing that leads to problems? That what happened in Dallas, for example, was not a result of violent black nationalism?

Does the existence of that black nationalism make it fair game to derail threads about things like Quebec? Did people jump on the QUebec thread and talk about Dallas? Or videos of Muslims throwing stones at Christians in Deerborn?

No... That would have been a douche move and I would have called it out on the spot.

Quote:I think had the OP been accompanied by a statement acknowleging that white nationalism/anti-Muslim violence is a real thing, then I'd be less irritated with it.

Looking for cucks then? Seriously? we cant talk about an incident which you say does "everyone a disservice" without a disclaimer saying "but white people are worse"

You're out of line here Tom, it's as transparent a derailment as I've seen from you. Given your history of derailment that is saying something.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 02:38 PM by Bull_Is_Back.)
02-01-2017 02:38 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-01-2017 02:38 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 02:24 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  This has what to do with the events in San Diego?

Is it your contention that "black nationalism" is not a thing that leads to problems? That what happened in Dallas, for example, was not a result of violent black nationalism?

Does the existence of that black nationalism make it fair game to derail threads about things like Quebec? Did people jump on the QUebec thread and talk about Dallas? Or videos of Muslims throwing stones at Christians in Deerborn?

No... That would have been a douche move and I would have called it out on the spot.

Quote:I think had the OP been accompanied by a statement acknowleging that white nationalism/anti-Muslim violence is a real thing, then I'd be less irritated with it.

Looking for cucks then? Seriously? we cant talk about an incident which you say does "everyone a disservice" without a disclaimer saying "but white people are worse"

You're out of line here Tom, it's as transparent a derailment as I've seen from you. Given your history of derailment that is saying something.

Whats the point of bring up some minor case from San Diego in here? Referencing a student newspaper as a primary source? A THREE month old story too?
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017 02:54 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
02-01-2017 02:41 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2017 02:41 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 02:38 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

Whats the point of bring up some minor case from San Diego in here? Referencing a student newspaper as a primary source? A THREE month old story too?

What's the point of bringing up a single grandmother from Iraq who died in here?

I'm 90% sure that if someone accused a gay person of grabbing their ass in the SDSU library three months ago and it turned out to be false then you would be all over it, student newspaper or not.

This is, in the end, a discussion board where people are free to discuss what they want. And, funny little secret, you are free to derail. But just don't pretend you're trying to serve the interest of others when you do it.
02-01-2017 02:58 PM
ArmyBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(02-01-2017 02:24 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

---

I think had the OP been accompanied by a statement acknowleging that white nationalism/anti-Muslim violence is a real thing, then I'd be less irritated with it.

What aren't you irritated with?
02-01-2017 03:11 PM
Advertisement

DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
If anyone had stolen her car it would've been because they wanted to steal a car, not because she's Muslim, if it was cause she was Muslim then they probably would have beat her up and vandalized her car.
02-01-2017 03:17 PM
john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(02-01-2017 03:17 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  If anyone had stolen her car it would've been because they wanted to steal a car, not because she's Muslim, if it was cause she was Muslim then they probably would have beat her up and vandalized her car.

reminds me of taking a s*** on the shower floor. they simply wanted to be a dick and piss people off. they decided to smear it into the shape of the most offensive shape possible because they were a dick. doesn't sound like actual racism.

yet that didn't stop a bunch of idiots from turning it into a national fiasco that did irreversible harm to your entire university. Millions in lost revenue and a massive drop in enrollment. freaking idiots.
02-01-2017 08:51 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2017 08:51 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 03:17 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  If anyone had stolen her car it would've been because they wanted to steal a car, not because she's Muslim, if it was cause she was Muslim then they probably would have beat her up and vandalized her car.

reminds me of taking a s*** on the shower floor. they simply wanted to be a dick and piss people off. they decided to smear it into the shape of the most offensive shape possible because they were a dick. doesn't sound like actual racism.

yet that didn't stop a bunch of idiots from turning it into a national fiasco that did irreversible harm to your entire university. Millions in lost revenue and a massive drop in enrollment. freaking idiots.

And the idiots that made it a fiasco were? (just checking)
02-01-2017 10:08 PM
Advertisement

john01992 Offline
Former ESPNer still in recovery mode

I Root For: John0 out!!!!
(02-01-2017 10:08 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

I can't tell if you are being serious or trolling07-coffee3
02-01-2017 10:12 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2017 10:12 PM)john01992 Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 10:08 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  

I can't tell if you are being serious or trolling07-coffee3

I'm being serious. I'm curious as to exactly who you blame for the circus there. I don't want to assume I know your mind in this and I am not trying to insult you.
02-01-2017 10:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.