Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northwestern to the NCAA's?
_C2_ Offline
The King of Overanalysis

I Root For: Houston
Northwestern to the NCAA's?
They're ranked at 18-4 with no bad losses.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 04:49 AM by _C2_.)
01-31-2017 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

TerpsNPhoenix Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Maryland & Elon
RE: Northwestern to the NCAA's?
Said it on the B1G board but I'll say it here too. Over the next 2 weeks they have @Purdue, @Wisconsin and Maryland. I want to see how they do versus the teams at the top. With that said, I think this is the year they finally end the drought.
01-31-2017 05:42 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Jen Bielema
They're really only 3 wins away. It'll take an epic collapse (a la the one year Clemson started 17-0 but missed the tourney), but with NU's history it's a coinflip.

Illinois (the state) used to be a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament. Haven't had a team qualify since 2013. Looks to be the year for IlSU & NU.
01-31-2017 08:21 AM
nuftw Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northwestern
(01-31-2017 04:49 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  They're ranked at 18-4 with no bad losses.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111104-rock04-rockCOGS02-13-banana02-13-banana04-cheers04-cheersCOGS04-cheers

(that is all)
01-31-2017 09:49 AM

Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(01-31-2017 08:21 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  They're really only 3 wins away. It'll take an epic collapse (a la the one year Clemson started 17-0 but missed the tourney), but with NU's history it's a coinflip.

Illinois (the state) used to be a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament. Haven't had a team qualify since 2013. Looks to be the year for IlSU & NU.

Agreed. As much as it pains me as an Illini guy, they're right in position to get in for the first time. Cubs winning the World Series, Northwestern making the NCAA Tournament, cats and dogs living together... the world is a different place.
01-31-2017 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
Hell has officially frozen over.
01-31-2017 09:59 AM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(01-31-2017 09:59 AM)DexterDevil Wrote:  Hell has officially frozen over.

I think the Cubs winning the World Series took care of that one. Northwestern getting to the NCAA Tournament is more like a blizzard after hell has frozen over.
01-31-2017 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

goofus Offline
1st String

I Root For: Iowa
when you consider that the average BigTen team has about 50% odds of making the tourney each year since 1985, the odds that NW has not made an NCAA torney ever in its history are almost infinitesimal.

like 2 to the power of 30.

the odds of NW never making a tourney so far are 1 in 1.07 Billion!
01-31-2017 10:11 AM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
All American

I Root For: the little guy
(01-31-2017 05:42 AM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  Said it on the B1G board but I'll say it here too. Over the next 2 weeks they have @Purdue, @Wisconsin and Maryland. I want to see how they do versus the teams at the top. With that said, I think this is the year they finally end the drought.

Wake Forest, Dayton, and Indiana help, but, yeah. Any of the ones on the road will cement them and catapult the seeding. B1G's been known to get a few less deserving teams into the tournament because of their road performances during the conference season, but Northwestern has been generally consistent, and the B1G isn't necessarily having its best season (having MSU and Indiana on the bubble is showing just how those two can carry the conference metrically); I think the games are winnable. Maybe all of them. Even if they come up short in all three of those games, they should only need three games to get them to that locked space.

I never did understand that about the Big Ten. Like, the moment you hit ten conference wins, you were "safe." This year, there isn't so much "dirt," as many of the schools will at least put up a fight, but few are standing out, too. Ten is ten, I guess...good enough for the committee, it seems.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 10:38 AM by The Cutter of Bish.)
01-31-2017 10:37 AM
Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
It's quite amazing they have never made the tournament. Hell ECU has made it twice
01-31-2017 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.