President's Award - Steve Cluley
01-29-2017 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tribe64 Offline
Banned

I Root For: william & mary
RE: 2016 QB Club Award Winners
(01-29-2017 07:16 PM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Scout Team Offensive POY - QB Dean Rotger, Poughkeepsie, NY

Scout Team Defensive POY - DB Josh Owusu, Hampton, VA

Rookie of the Year - Corey Parker

Special Teams POY - Devonte Dedmon

Offensive Line MVP - Jerry Ugokwe

Defensive Line MVP - Isaiah Stephens

Offensive POY - Kendell Anderson

Defensive POY - Aaron Swinton

Bob Shearin Leadership Award - Trey Reed

Pat Gantt Inspiration Award - Chris Donald

President's Award - Steve Cluley

Interesting, wasn't Owusu a PWO?
01-29-2017 07:39 PM
Tribal Offline

I Root For: William & Mary
No shock with ANY of those well-deserved selections. Owusu isn't a player I know much about but it looks like that'll change very soon. I see his brother is expected to commit to Notre Dame. Hmm.

Congrats to our standout student-athletes.

One Tribe. One Family.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 07:50 PM by Tribal.)
01-29-2017 07:46 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

I'm not familiar with Owusu at all. I don't even remember his recruitment last season, especially as a local guy. But he seems incredibly rangy in his measurables on Tribe athletics. Always great to see players stepping up from unexpected places.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
01-29-2017 09:59 PM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
Josh Owusu was a school-open walk-on last Fall. To say he made an impression is obvious.
01-29-2017 10:06 PM
Advertisement

Tribal Offline

A basic introduction. Young man is amazing...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailypres...id-verizon

One Tribe. One Family.
01-29-2017 10:16 PM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

It also sets the stage for his brother to transfer in if he is recruited over or is homesick at his expected destination.
01-29-2017 10:35 PM
Tribe Fan Offline
Special Teams

Am so happy to see Steve Cluely receive the President 's award, I voted for him.
As the clocked ticked down against UR it was evident how much respect his teammates have for Steve by how many sought him out to shake his hand with a hug.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 10:58 PM by Tribe Fan.)
01-29-2017 10:46 PM
zablenoise Offline
Heisman

(01-29-2017 10:06 PM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Josh Owusu was a school-open walk-on last Fall. To say he made an impression is obvious.
School open? That's incredible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
01-29-2017 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

Wow, Owusu is a young man so easy to root for. What a story. Has a little bit of a Rudy feel to it.

Congrats to all these guys! Thanks for all you do in representing the College so well!
01-29-2017 11:03 PM
Tribeheart Offline
Heisman

(01-29-2017 10:16 PM)Tribal Wrote:  A basic introduction. Young man is amazing...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailypres...id-verizon

One Tribe. One Family.
You think that was impressive:

http://www.ultimaterecruit.com/757-baske...xperience/

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
01-29-2017 11:27 PM
Naptown Tribe Offline
All American

Wow. Josh seems like an incredible young man. He is a leader and maybe even future team captain. On the football field and off, Josh has a great future. Can't wait to see him on the field and see how he does this spring and fall.

What a great reminder about just the amazing quality of all our student athletes and why W&M is such a special place.
01-30-2017 11:57 AM
TribePride2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William&Mary
(01-30-2017 11:57 AM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  Wow. Josh seems like an incredible young man. He is a leader and maybe even future team captain. On the football field and off, Josh has a great future. Can't wait to see him on the field and see how he does this spring and fall.

What a great reminder about just the amazing quality of all our student athletes and why W&M is such a special place.

His brother (Jeremiah, who we tried to recruit) will chose between Michigan State or Notre Dame on Wednesday. Great young man and it runs in the owusu family
01-30-2017 06:52 PM
Advertisement

tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

Great recognition for these players. The QB Club does an awesome job each week with recognizing players of the week. Thanks for the program at WM.

I get the labels for the POY type awards, but I am curious, can you tell me the meaning behind the named awards? I get inspiration and leadership, but can you share the significance or reason for the names associated with these: Pat Gantt, Bob Shearin and the Presidents?
01-30-2017 10:29 PM
Tribe4SF Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M
(01-30-2017 10:29 PM)tribefbfan Wrote:  Great recognition for these players. The QB Club does an awesome job each week with recognizing players of the week. Thanks for the program at WM.

I get the labels for the POY type awards, but I am curious, can you tell me the meaning behind the named awards? I get inspiration and leadership, but can you share the significance or reason for the names associated with these: Pat Gantt, Bob Shearin and the Presidents?

Bob Shearin was an alum, and former Director of Sports Information, who became the color commentator for Tribe football broadcasts during his career in real estate. He emceed all QB Club events, and ran the annual golf tournament from the establishment of the club until his death. Doctors performing his autopsy found actual green and gold blood.

Pat Gannt was a manger for the team in 1986 when he suffered a catastrophic spinal injury from a fall during the post game celebration in Scott Stadium following the Tribe win over UVA. Confined to a wheel chair for the remainder of his life, "PG' was a fixture at Tribe games and QB Club events, always accompanied by his sister Vickie who presents the annual award. Skip to the end of this video to see PG in the Tribe locker room after the 2009 win at UVA. Michael Clemons had addressed the team prior to the game (he is featured early in the video), and when Jimmye held up the game ball for presentation most expected Michael would be honored. But it was PG who Jimmye called forward. Tribe players learn early about PG, and his inspiration to all lives on. My personal perspective is that the award honors Vickie as much as it does PG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrKlLHflRQ

The President's Award honors a player who exemplifies the values of the program, and embodies the club's love for, and dedication to Tribe football.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 08:23 AM by Tribe4SF.)
01-31-2017 08:19 AM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(01-30-2017 11:57 AM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  Wow. Josh seems like an incredible young man. He is a leader and maybe even future team captain. On the football field and off, Josh has a great future. Can't wait to see him on the field and see how he does this spring and fall.

Looks like a versatile player. We look to be thin at LB, could he transition to OLB?
01-31-2017 08:14 PM
tribefbfan Offline
Special Teams

(01-31-2017 08:19 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  
(01-30-2017 10:29 PM)tribefbfan Wrote:  Great recognition for these players. The QB Club does an awesome job each week with recognizing players of the week. Thanks for the program at WM.

Bob Shearin was an alum, and former Director of Sports Information, who became the color commentator for Tribe football broadcasts during his career in real estate. He emceed all QB Club events, and ran the annual golf tournament from the establishment of the club until his death. Doctors performing his autopsy found actual green and gold blood.

Pat Gannt was a manger for the team in 1986 when he suffered a catastrophic spinal injury from a fall during the post game celebration in Scott Stadium following the Tribe win over UVA. Confined to a wheel chair for the remainder of his life, "PG' was a fixture at Tribe games and QB Club events, always accompanied by his sister Vickie who presents the annual award. Skip to the end of this video to see PG in the Tribe locker room after the 2009 win at UVA. Michael Clemons had addressed the team prior to the game (he is featured early in the video), and when Jimmye held up the game ball for presentation most expected Michael would be honored. But it was PG who Jimmye called forward. Tribe players learn early about PG, and his inspiration to all lives on. My personal perspective is that the award honors Vickie as much as it does PG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrKlLHflRQ

The President's Award honors a player who exemplifies the values of the program, and embodies the club's love for, and dedication to Tribe football.

Thank you. Each would be an honor to receive. The stories behind the award are very moving.
01-31-2017 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.