Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OK..Seems a Couple Of 3 Star Players from Miss. are leaning USM...
Bookmark and Share
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
OK..Seems a Couple Of 3 Star Players from Miss. are leaning USM...
but we keep offering skinny Florida guys with offers from Flagler College and Stetson...03-banghead

Now, I figger some of the guys who committed back in 1999 (well, it SEEMS that long ago) are gonna go elsewhere, but why is the corching staff staying pissed at Shaderren Archie-manning and Gainer because they didn't commit last week?

C'mon...04-cheers
01-29-2017 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: OK..Seems a Couple Of 3 Star Players from Miss. are leaning USM...
Something strange is going on. I'm guessing some of the guys that committed early don't have the grades and won't be signing with us. Or maybe Archie and Gainer have questionable grades ? I really don't know the answer. But any time things start to look odd in recruiting, the first place you look for answers is grades. We may oversign and blueshirt (yes I meant blueshirt) some kids. Or a combination of all these things. I guess it's possible we are offering some of these recent kids as preferred walk ons. But kids usually don't go on twitter and say they have an "offer" when that happens.

My best guess is that 3 or 4 of our early commits aren't going to qualify. But that's not based on any inside info.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 04:28 PM by Eagle9.)
01-29-2017 04:26 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

Didya see the info on that Sherman Timbs guy from Indianola Academy? Apparently he projects as a DE, but was a standout RB at Indianola @ 6-3 260! See where he visited Fail State but hasn't been offered.

maybe another "preferred walk-on"....Can't remember ever having more than one of two TOTAL, but we have at least 5 this year. Hey! Looks like they all have "successful" parents (unlike we folks on here...maybe THAT'S we ain't "successful" 03-lmfao), so even if Sonny Boy is 3rd string, mom and dad GIVE MONEY!

Great job there, Hop..04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 05:16 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-29-2017 05:14 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

Great...I see where 247 Recruiting site says it is a 100% chance Gainer is going to Mississippi Southern. That IS a kiss of death, because they almost NEVER get it right (and Gainer was 100% Fail State about 1 month ago)04-cheers
01-29-2017 07:49 PM
JBeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USM
Not sure about Gainer, still hoping there, but with Archie we may have backed off him for some reason after his visit. We have so many offers out it's hard to figure which ones are actual offers and which are preferred walk ons. Add to that the blue and grey shirts and this is the most intriguing class ever. Will make signing day the most interesting ever too. That said, this class is looking very good, especially the O line.
01-30-2017 10:18 AM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-30-2017 10:18 AM)JBeagle Wrote:  Not sure about Gainer, still hoping there, but with Archie we may have backed off him for some reason after his visit. We have so many offers out it's hard to figure which ones are actual offers and which are preferred walk ons. Add to that the blue and grey shirts and this is the most intriguing class ever. Will make signing day the most interesting ever too. That said, this class is looking very good, especially the O line.

Gotta give'em props for ingenuity....

Back in the day, all these 3 star guys with grade problems coulda signed with USM because 1) we did have lower standards than SEC schools 2) and when that changed, they woulda been Prop 48's (which Marshall and ECU still do, to name only a few)..

Bower (for most of his Head corching career, not all), Monk and Hop do NOT have that "advantage" any more, so that's where we gotta be clever (transfers/JC's with Monk...preferred walk ons and greyshirts with Hop) 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 04:27 PM by eaglebeaver.)
01-30-2017 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.