Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No tv or stream for todays game?
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
No tv or stream for todays game?
Has this been a normal occurrence this year for you guys at CSU?
01-28-2017 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: No tv or stream for todays game?
Yeah, they do not use the WAC DN very often.
01-28-2017 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
This school is such a train wreck. Please just get them out of the WAC asap. I don't even enjoy beating them anymore it's just sad. Is there even a single sport they are competitive in anymore?
01-28-2017 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
(01-28-2017 02:34 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  This school is such a train wreck. Please just get them out of the WAC asap. I don't even enjoy beating them anymore it's just sad. Is there even a single sport they are competitive in anymore?

And I don't enjoy reading daily blast CSU posts by you and many others each day but I deal with it. A double OT game isn't competitive enough for you, Ben? Or an OT game at UTRGV? They very well should have 3 wins in the WAC, but as bad teams do they find ways to lose games. And that, too, is something I have to deal with.

Back to the topic-- It began last year where they stopped using CSU TV for games. I have an email drafted to ask why. It's pretty disappointing compared to the amount of events streamed just two years ago.
01-28-2017 10:53 PM
Advertisement

Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(01-28-2017 10:53 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  
(01-28-2017 02:34 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  This school is such a train wreck. Please just get them out of the WAC asap. I don't even enjoy beating them anymore it's just sad. Is there even a single sport they are competitive in anymore?

And I don't enjoy reading daily blast CSU posts by you and many others each day but I deal with it. A double OT game isn't competitive enough for you, Ben? Or an OT game at UTRGV? They very well should have 3 wins in the WAC, but as bad teams do they find ways to lose games. And that, too, is something I have to deal with.

Back to the topic-- It began last year where they stopped using CSU TV for games. I have an email drafted to ask why. It's pretty disappointing compared to the amount of events streamed just two years ago.

I agree on the streaming part of it. As it goes for CSU on the court they have improved every year as part of the WAC the sad thing it so has the rest of the WAC and a higher faster rate. CSU has always been a thorn in GCU's side so us Lopes fans think we should win easy but we know that it won't be the case more times than not.
01-29-2017 12:47 AM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(01-28-2017 10:53 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  

Nevermind the financial crisis, failing almost every single condition of the 5-year contract with the WAC, empty, wasted basketball arena, panic-inducing enrollment decline, and the flat out ethical concerns about keeping this school D1 when it can't even provide some basic necessities to the students. I won't get into that, it's posted on here and the WAC board in better explanations I can give.

FACT: Chicago State is not competitive in a single WAC sport and has finished last in the WAC Comish Cup every year they have been in the WAC. In fact, CSU has been on a steady DECLINE in all sports compared to the rest of the WAC since their first season.

FACT: The best finish in WAC standings, for any sport, Chicago State has had was basketball finishing 4th place in 2013-14.

In the 2015-16 WAC Comish. Cup, CSU finished dead last in all sports except women's golf (2nd to last) and VB (tied for last).

In 2014-15, CSU was last in every sport except WIT&F and baseball (2nd to last).

In 2013-14, CSU was last in every sport except MBB (4th), Women's Golf (5th), and volleyball and Men's golf (2nd to last).

CSU women's basketball has won a total of 3 conference games since joining the WAC. They have never finished outside of last place.

CSU women's tennis and women's soccer have never won a WAC match (standings for 2013 are no longer on the website so they may have won a match or two then).

CSU baseball has never finished better than last in the WAC.

CSU volleyball has won just one WAC game since 2014 (standings for 2013 not available).

So Josh, that is why I don't enjoy having Chicago State in the conference. There is not a single positive thing they bring to the WAC except a warm body (which we won't need now that CBU is joining). The GCU game was literally 95% purple yesterday, and that was when the arena was at about 5% capacity.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2017 04:43 PM by SeattleVandals.)
01-29-2017 04:41 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
Ben- I merely pointed out that they have had competitive contests this year. You said "anymore" which makes me think to the current, not the past. W/L doesn't mean one isn't competitive. If you're forcing overtime or the game goes down to the last two minutes it was likely a competitive game. If you're forcing five sets in volleyball, it's likely a competitive match. They are bad in pretty much every sport, and as you graciously pointed out.. this has been true pretty much every year. But without Chicago State, the conference would've likely folded. And here we are four years later with the stability of the WAC not looking much better. Therefore, if CSU's budget and enrollment issues improve with the new board then you may have to deal with Chicago State a little while longer. And perhaps with an equivalent budget as some of their WAC conferecemates, we'll finish in next to last place instead of last. Baby steps.

Finally, were you at the game yesterday? The attendance was 1526 but let's say only 1100 actually showed up. So that means the JCC must now hold 22,000 people.

I know you enjoy conflict, so I'm sorry I won't continue to entertain you.
01-29-2017 05:43 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

(01-29-2017 05:43 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  Ben- I merely pointed out that they have had competitive contests this year. You said "anymore" which makes me think to the current, not the past. W/L doesn't mean one isn't competitive. If you're forcing overtime or the game goes down to the last two minutes it was likely a competitive game. If you're forcing five sets in volleyball, it's likely a competitive match. They are bad in pretty much every sport, and as you graciously pointed out.. this has been true pretty much every year. But without Chicago State, the conference would've likely folded. And here we are four years later with the stability of the WAC not looking much better. Therefore, if CSU's budget and enrollment issues improve with the new board then you may have to deal with Chicago State a little while longer. And perhaps with an equivalent budget as some of their WAC conferecemates, we'll finish in next to last place instead of last. Baby steps.

Finally, were you at the game yesterday? The attendance was 1526 but let's say only 1100 actually showed up. So that means the JCC must now hold 22,000 people.

I know you enjoy conflict, so I'm sorry I won't continue to entertain you.

Look at the WAC Instagram story. They were giving live posts of the game. it was all purple shirts and the only green was the empty seats everywhere. Those attendance numbers are severely inflated. 5% capacity was an estimate but any logical estimate after seeing live videos from the game would never come close to going over 1000 people.

My point isn't competitiveness, though just a few games here and there with the numbers I wrote doesn't justify "competitiveness" by any stretch of the word, IMO. The real point is CSU has no business being D1 when the school has so many issues and can't provide for the students (no hot water in the dorms for a month+ is an example). I do not appreciate or enjoy the WAC enabling CSU to foolishly continue at D1, nor do I appreciate or enjoy CSU bringing the conference down. As I said, there is nothing positive left that CSU brings to the WAC now that CBU is joining.
01-29-2017 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.