Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC
chargeradio Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC
01-24-2017 03:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

goofus Offline
1st String

I Root For: Iowa
RE: North Dakota to Summit League and MVFC
At some point, the MVFC, MVC, and Sunmit should just try to merge. If Witchita and Missouri St ever leave, they might as well.
01-24-2017 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
This makes sense to me.

The Summit won the battle with the WAC. This is bad news for them. UMKC has to be kicking themselves for moving from the Summit to the WAC.

I'd say the Big Sky would backfill with NMSU, but I'm not sure they'll do it, seeing as how they treated Idaho. Although I suspect that ultimatum was really asked for by the UI President to force a move down.
01-24-2017 04:29 PM
MJG Offline
1st String

I Root For: U I , UMich, SC
(01-24-2017 04:29 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  This makes sense to me.

The Summit won the battle with the WAC. This is bad news for them. UMKC has to be kicking themselves for moving from the Summit to the WAC.

I'd say the Big Sky would backfill with NMSU, but I'm not sure they'll do it, seeing as how they treated Idaho. Although I suspect that ultimatum was really asked for by the UI President to force a move down.

There was no ultimatum they needed an answer for scheduling purposes for the 2018 season. The Big Sky later came out and stated Idaho could join at a later date if they needed to.
01-24-2017 04:33 PM

LatahCounty Online
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(01-24-2017 04:33 PM)MJG Wrote:  

There was no ultimatum they needed an answer for scheduling purposes for the 2018 season. The Big Sky later came out and stated Idaho could join at a later date if they needed to.

Yeah, that ultimatum was basically made up by Staben and he stopped talking about it pretty quickly. The Big Sky commish undercut him when asked by media members. It was pretty transparent to anyone paying attention -- the Big Sky tried very publicly to bring us back for 2 decades and suddenly we're supposed to have a do-or-die ultimatum? Like most of what comes out of Chuck Staben's mouth, it was nonsense.
01-24-2017 04:42 PM
MissouriStateBears Online
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
NoDak is on a suicide alert today.
01-24-2017 04:46 PM
LatahCounty Online
1st String

I Root For: Idaho
(01-24-2017 04:46 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  NoDak is on a suicide alert today.

I know. Poor guy. I also really wanted him to be right. All of his theories would have been very good for my school.
01-24-2017 04:47 PM

Cyniclone Online
All American

I Root For: ODU and VCU
(01-24-2017 04:46 PM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  NoDak is on a suicide alert today.

No, this is some 10D-chess-while-everyone-else-is-playing-checkers stuff. It's just another addition to the Goldberg machine that results in an FBS WAC.
01-24-2017 04:51 PM
MissouriStateBears Online
All American

I Root For: Missouri State
(01-24-2017 04:51 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

No, this is some 10D-chess-while-everyone-else-is-playing-checkers stuff. It's just another addition to the Goldberg machine that results in an FBS WAC.

MVC and WAC are going to swap will be the next wild scheme.
01-24-2017 04:54 PM
HawaiiMongoose Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hawaii

Actually this is great news for the WAC as it gives the Summit ten members. That means the chances of the Summit taking back UMKC from the WAC just went down to about nil.
01-24-2017 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.