Sent from my SM-G900V using CSNbbs mobile app
01-23-2017 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UALR92 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: These guys are good
Good enough to beat us looks like. We apparently have a hard time finishing games. What's up with not scoring in the last couple of minutes. Just when you think we might make a little run of wins this happens. Home advantage doesn't mean much now and looks like the crowds have left too. What a shame.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 09:58 PM by UALR92.)
01-23-2017 09:56 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
We are back to our old tricks.
01-23-2017 10:27 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
We simply don't have enough weapons. We typically have 2 or 3 players on the court who can't score, at least not from further than 2 or 3 feet. Troy had guys who could score from anywhere on the court. Not having Lis obviously really hurts us. Most teams can't lose their starting center and not miss a beat. We certainly don't have enough overall talent to overcome his loss right now.
01-23-2017 10:57 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

(01-23-2017 10:57 PM)mjs Wrote:  We simply don't have enough weapons. We typically have 2 or 3 players on the court who can't score, at least not from further than 2 or 3 feet. Troy had guys who could score from anywhere on the court. Not having Lis obviously really hurts us. Most teams can't lose their starting center and not miss a beat. We certainly don't have enough overall talent to overcome his loss right now.

I disagree, we do have the talent. Obviously we have lost two games (Troy and asu) we should have won and would have won if Lis had played. The fact we should have won the games even without Lis points to the talent level of this team. If Lis is not going to play it would help if we could get 5 or so minutes out of Goldman. Next week will be difficult without Lis. Next week will be difficult with Lis.
01-24-2017 09:35 AM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Sure, we have the talent. After all, we are shooting well from everywhere and rebounding decently. Our problem is fixable, but we have to do it.

This team is first in the Belt in FT%, 6th in FG% and 4th in 3PT%. We have the offensive weapons. We just do not play defense. And almost always, where defense is lacking, it is not an issue of cannot, but of will not.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 09:42 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
01-24-2017 09:39 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2017 09:39 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Sure, we have the talent. After all, we are shooting well from everywhere and rebounding decently. Our problem is fixable, but we have to do it.

This team is first in the Belt in FT%, 6th in FG% and 4th in 3PT%. We have the offensive weapons. We just do not play defense. And almost always, where defense is lacking, it is not an issue of cannot, but of will not.

I love our guys. We play hard and I believe we are well-coached. You were not there Pappy. If you saw Troy in person, I'd think you agree that they were simply a lot more athletic than we were and, without Lis, bigger inside as well. Over the years, we have regularly beaten more athletic teams due to effort, team play, good defense, etc. We had a chance to win against ASU and Troy late into the game. With Lis we probably do win.
01-24-2017 10:42 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Just wondering if anyone at the game actually thought we had more "talent" on the floor than Troy. Until our one good stretch, with a little under 5 minutes left, they scored with ease and we had to work like heck for every bucket we got. We have no one comparable to Vernado and their #30 sure looked like an all-league center last night (no idea what his stats are for the year). Person can shoot from 25 feet, without a problem, although he didn't need to last night.
01-24-2017 01:43 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I was at the game. No I did not think we had more talent on the floor.
01-24-2017 03:14 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

We have too many players playing out of position. Because of their talent they are capable of keeping us in games even though they are not playing their natural position.
01-24-2017 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.