Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Team Considering Kicking Reporters Out Of The White House
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Trump Team Considering Kicking Reporters Out Of The White House
To A Bigger Room

[Image: mr9xcp.jpg]

Another packed house with standing room only.

Quote:President-elect Trump may kick the press out of the White House briefing room and into a different space nearby when he takes office, according to a report published Saturday.

Esquire reported that according to three transition officials, the Trump team is kicking around the idea of putting the press in the White House Conference Center or a place in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, located next door to the White House.

Sean Spicer, the incoming White House press secretary, told the magazine “there has been no decision” but the Trump team is trying to figure out how to accommodate more press.

“There’s been so much interest in covering a President Donald Trump,” he said. “A question is: ‘Is a room that has 49 seats adequate?’ When we had that press conference the other day, we had thousands of requests, and we capped it at four hundred. Is there an opportunity to potentially allow more members of the media to be part of this? That’s something we’re discussing.”

However, anonymous individuals who spoke to Esquire said it’s also a hostile move aimed at sending a message to the press.

“They are the opposition party,” a senior official said. “I want ’em out of the building. We are taking back the press room.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-..._click=rss
01-15-2017 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: Trump Team Considering Kicking Reporters Out Of The White House
Not necessary with cameras. And what's the point of letting more in if you're only going to let pets ask questions.
01-15-2017 11:08 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
01-16-2017 07:35 AM
Crebman Online
Heisman

I Root For:
You know, I certainly don't want a press that is no more than a mouthpiece for whatever the president says or does. On the other hand, I also don't want a press that twists, convolutes, leaves out details, etc. in order to paint things in a worst possible light.....and does it every day, all day long.

I can certainly understand the temptation to push the barbarians at the gates a little further away than, "in the house". I mean, let's be honest, Hillary's use of a private server is the direct result of not just the press reporting on the country's business, but also because there is a press with agendas out to paint narratives.

It's a shame really, that our founding fathers granted the press an important watchdog role and they seem to have devolved into a near National Enquirer type mode chasing clicks and views. It's actually sad that one can look at a headline and the rag that is disseminating the story, and know the slant of the content before opening the article.

TMZ in the West Wing..........
01-16-2017 08:02 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
There's a reason that a separate table was set for the kids at family gatherings when I was growing up. We weren't ready or willing to conduct ourselves suitably for the adult table. (And, as an added benefit, the separate table meant that we were rarely forced to have to eat the turnips.)

Today's national press (sorry Smudge12) has shown itself completely unable and unwilling to handle the responsibilities of the "Fourth Estate", supposedly envisioned by the founders (although I have my doubts as to whether that exalted role is historically true).

The hacked Podesta e-mails and other such revelations have repeatedly shown major players in the national press to be totally in the pocket of one political party -- with John Harwood, Glenn Thrush and hacks who participated in Ezra Klein's JournoList project affirmatively conspiring with DNC operatives for the purposes of swaying elections. We're all appalled that the Russians may have meddled in this year's election, with little proof of what they actually did, but are supposed to shrug off blatantly partisan behavior by those who are pretending to be honest arbiters of the process.

Donald Trump is a national embarrassment. But today's press is perhaps the number one reason why he is now our president-elect. And for the foreseeable future, they have more than earned their demotion to the kid's table.
01-16-2017 08:26 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(01-15-2017 11:08 PM)Paul M Wrote:  Not necessary with cameras. And what's the point of letting more in if you're only going to let pets ask questions.

So Mara Liason is a pet? CNN is a pet? Can you corroborate that statement with reality?
01-16-2017 08:56 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

Yeah. Did you not watch the last one.
01-16-2017 09:07 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-16-2017 09:07 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Yeah. Did you not watch the last one.

So you really think Mara Liasson of NPR is a pet of Trump's? Really?
01-16-2017 09:56 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(01-16-2017 09:56 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Travel on down that rabbit hole.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 10:05 AM by Paul M.)
01-16-2017 10:04 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-16-2017 10:04 AM)Paul M Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 09:56 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Travel on down that rabbit hole.

yea, thats what I thought.
01-16-2017 10:12 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

What do you expect. You want to change the conversation, go ahead. I'm not following.

I'm not going to bother posting the video. I'm absolutely certain you have seen it. Probably cheered.
01-16-2017 10:46 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-16-2017 10:46 AM)Paul M Wrote:  What do you expect. You want to change the conversation, go ahead. I'm not following.

I'm not going to bother posting the video. I'm absolutely certain you have seen it. Probably cheered.

No, in fact, I am holding you to your conversation and points. You just dont like it.

If you have to make sh*t up, you have already lost the argument.
01-16-2017 10:58 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

(01-16-2017 10:58 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 10:46 AM)Paul M Wrote:  What do you expect. You want to change the conversation, go ahead. I'm not following.

No, in fact, I am holding you to your conversation and points. You just dont like it.

The video speaks for itself. Not something I made up. But you are fully aware of this. Yet amazingly you chose to say something as stupid as I made it up. You're silly. 03-wink

I made a simply statement. YOU added points in. Find someone else who wants to have that conversation with you.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 11:10 AM by Paul M.)
01-16-2017 11:07 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-16-2017 11:07 AM)Paul M Wrote:  
(01-16-2017 10:58 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

The video speaks for itself. Not something I made up. But you are fully aware of this. Yet amazingly you chose to say something as stupid as I made it up. You're silly. 03-wink

I made a simply statement. YOU added points in. Find someone else who wants to have that conversation with you.

Are you talking about the video where Trump answered a question from his pet at CNN, then another CNN reporter tries to interrupt as Trump then calls on his pet Mara Liasson? Is it that video, or another one?
01-16-2017 12:38 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
Paul, you can't convince lemmings. Of course he's going to bring in Trump TV and others paid to cheer his bull****. Kinda like hitler. Plus, Trump can't have his wild sex parties with all the press around.
01-16-2017 01:13 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-16-2017 01:13 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Paul, you can't convince lemmings. Of course he's going to bring in Trump TV and others paid to cheer his bull****. Kinda like hitler. Plus, Trump can't have his wild sex parties with all the press around.

MUH BUTTHURT!!!!!
01-16-2017 01:15 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
It's my understanding they are moving the press to a bigger room into the exec office bldg next door. What crybabies
01-16-2017 01:16 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Another no win situation for Trump & Co. Stay in the smaller White House room and they'd complain that they were limiting access as well.
01-16-2017 01:20 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
It's all about social standing. White House Correspondents like to tell people "I work in the White House". "I work in the ugliest 19th Century building in D.C." doesn't get people as excited about them.
01-16-2017 01:37 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

Spicer said they were going to try it for a few weeks, and if it didnt work, they'd go back.
01-16-2017 01:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.