Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Hails ‘Great’ Brexit And Backs Speedy UK Trade Deal…
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Trump Hails ‘Great’ Brexit And Backs Speedy UK Trade Deal…
[Image: 2ly6byo.jpg]

Moonbat heads on both sides of the ocean exploding in unison.

Quote:London (AFP) – US President-elect Donald Trump on Sunday hailed Brexit as “a great thing” and backed a speedy trade agreement with Britain, in an interview with The Times newspaper.

He also forecast that other countries would follow Britain’s lead in voting to leave the European Union.

“Brexit is going to end up being a great thing,” Trump said of Britain’s referendum vote last June to leave the European Union.

The president-elect said a trade deal with Britain would be “good for both sides”.

“Absolutely, very quickly. I’m a big fan of the UK, we’re gonna work very hard to get it done quickly and done properly,” said Trump, confirming he will meet British Prime Minister Theresa May soon after his inauguration on January 20.

His enthusiasm for a bilateral deal will be welcomed by the British government, which in recent months has been searching for possible trade partners following its planned departure from the EU.

Trump also said Brexit would likely be followed by others in the 28-country bloc deciding to leave.

“I think people want . . . their own identity, so if you ask me … I believe others will leave,” Trump said, following Britain’s June vote to leave the EU.

The president-elect blamed the referendum result on an influx of refugees to Europe, which saw more than a million people arrive during 2015.

“If they hadn’t been forced to take in all of the refugees, so many, with all the problems that it… entails, I think that you wouldn’t have a Brexit. This was the final straw that broke the camel’s back,” he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-hails-g...32251.html
01-15-2017 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Trump Hails ‘Great’ Brexit And Backs Speedy UK Trade Deal…
It's the best thing the U.K. has done in 30 years.

Our closest ally should obviously be first in line to work with us.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 09:37 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
01-15-2017 09:36 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I bet Putin is behind the Brexit.
01-15-2017 09:52 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(01-15-2017 09:52 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  I bet Putin is behind the Brexit.

He's behind everything. Period. I had a sandwich the other day and the temperature was a little off. It was also kinda stale. There can only be one conclusion. Putin.
01-16-2017 09:10 AM
Advertisement

HarmonOliphantOberlanderDevine Offline
The Black Knight of The Deplorables

I Root For: Army, SFU
(01-16-2017 09:10 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

He's behind everything. Period. I had a sandwich the other day and the temperature was a little off. It was also kinda stale. There can only be one conclusion. Putin.

You are borrowing my shtick. 04-cheers
01-16-2017 09:58 AM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo

Got out of bed this morning... Stubbed my toe. Thought it was just an accident..

But Putin arranged the whole thing.
01-16-2017 11:55 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
So this seems to be yet another incident where Tom's prognostication powers were shown to be incorrect.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-779953.html
Quote:And no, since the UK moving out of the EU is deeply damaging to US interests, the US probably isn't going to rush to sign deals with little England (oh we will, but its not going to be in 2 seconds).
01-16-2017 12:24 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
This is a good piece of news. Assisting Britain in a time of political and economic need will do wonders in the long run. While we have friends in the EU, we should remember that the organization has an ultimate goal of competing with the US in trade and policy making.

We should cut deals with singular countries and not an entire block.
01-16-2017 01:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.