WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wheatley out already?
Gobroncos95 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WMU
Wheatley out already?
Tony Paul from the Detroit News is sighting a "source" saying that Wheatley is out already. I like Wheatley for his recruiting but don't think he's ready to be our HC yet. But I'm curious why and if KB has actually ruled him out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPaul1984?...wsrc%5Etfw
01-12-2017 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Wheatley out already?
He was my slight favorite among the Lester-Wheatley-MacPherson trio conversation. Oh well.
01-12-2017 07:44 PM
Doo Online
1st String

I still don't believe he wad ever in. He's likely out...because he wasn't offered an interview.
01-12-2017 07:52 PM
BrownandGoldforever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Western Michiga
(01-12-2017 07:41 PM)Gobroncos95 Wrote:  Tony Paul from the Detroit News is sighting a "source" saying that Wheatley is out already. I like Wheatley for his recruiting but don't think he's ready to be our HC yet. But I'm curious why and if KB has actually ruled him out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyPaul1984?...wsrc%5Etfw

If Wheatley was considered an outstanding recruiter, what factor(s) has put him out of the running?
01-12-2017 07:53 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Might have just been his camp campaigning for an interview. I never liked the idea to begin with.
01-12-2017 07:53 PM
Advertisement

texasbronco1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Depending on what rumor you choose to believe, either he is already the chosen one or he has been crossed off the list altogether.
Honestly, no one know which is true, except maybe our AD.
Personally, I doubt any decisions have been made yet, since interviews are obviously ongoing.

It's amazing to me how often wild speculation gets passed off as actual truth these days. Things have really changed in the world of journalism. I'm more of a Dragnet type of guy. "Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts". There's nothing wrong with all the speculation, it's just not my cup of tea.
01-12-2017 08:25 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
All you get out of his supporters is 'He's a great recruiter!'. By what measure? Any top player in the midwest wants to play for Michigan or Notre Dame, Jubilation T. Cornpone could be their Recruiting Coordinator and bring in top classes. What else has he done? Never saw the hullabaloo over TW.
01-12-2017 09:09 PM
bronco1988 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU!
Read he was the #6 recruiter in the country. There is some metric out there I guess. Mario Cristobal is #1.Just fyi...

(01-12-2017 09:09 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  All you get out of his supporters is 'He's a great recruiter!'. By what measure? Any top player in the midwest wants to play for Michigan or Notre Dame, Jubilation T. Cornpone could be their Recruiting Coordinator and bring in top classes. What else has he done? Never saw the hullabaloo over TW.
01-12-2017 09:24 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Read he was the #6 recruiter in the country. There is some metric out there I guess. Mario Cristobal is #1.Just fyi...

Yeah, but Wheatley would be a better recruiter up here in the midwest, if they're comparable.

Also: Mario was 9-27, then 15-11 for 2 seasons, then 3-9 then fired -- after being with FIU. Plenty of time to have recruits compete in the Sun Belt, which in the end, he did not do to par. Better recruiter at Alabama? OK. But that's Alabama.

I think one can be a great recruiter at a big-name institution and a not-so-great/okay recruiter at a lower-end mid-major. I'm not on the Mario Crystal Ball Band Wagon yet. :)
01-12-2017 10:33 PM
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(01-12-2017 09:09 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  All you get out of his supporters is 'He's a great recruiter!'. By what measure? Any top player in the midwest wants to play for Michigan or Notre Dame, Jubilation T. Cornpone could be their Recruiting Coordinator and bring in top classes. What else has he done? Never saw the hullabaloo over TW.

Jubilation T. Cornpone - or JubiCorn as his friends call him - is a good man with a track record of success. He single handedly built the Central Donkey Tech Nimrods into a powerhouse.

#JubiCorn17
01-13-2017 03:02 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

This was the same thought I had when everyone was getting giddy over Mario. I think it was Hoople who said the only person who cant recruit to Alabama is a dead person... Same with Wheately... He might be the lead recruiter for UofM, but it doesn't take much to market UofM to kids who likely already want to go to UofM...

Fleck was an unknown and his energy and enthusiasm for our program made him a fantastic recruiter. We need to find that next guy who can show that same enthusiasm for WMU... Someone who can WOW these kids on what its like to be a part of Bronco Nation and shock the world!
01-13-2017 03:06 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-13-2017 03:02 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  

Jubilation T. Cornpone - or JubiCorn as his friends call him - is a good man with a track record of success. He single handedly built the Central Donkey Tech Nimrods into a powerhouse.

#JubiCorn17

LOL. That he did!
01-13-2017 03:42 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Kind of OT now, but evidently Wheatley is going to the Jacksonville Jaguars as RB coach. That being the case, seems like a no-brainer scUM should get Hart.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 04:33 PM by Motown Bronco.)
01-15-2017 04:33 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Wheatley isn't 'out', he was never 'in'.

He's been a RB coach for a decade, he needs to round out his portfolio or he'll NEVER be a HC.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know.....'He's a great recruiter!'.... LOL
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 04:38 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
01-15-2017 04:37 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

Never heard Wheatley considered a GREAT recruiter before Harbaugh arrived at UM.
01-15-2017 05:04 PM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(01-15-2017 05:04 PM)okgc Wrote:  Never heard Wheatley considered a GREAT recruiter before Harbaugh arrived at UM.

Harbaugh does a nice job coaching...the 3rd best team in his division.

UM and Harbaugh are over-hyped, over-rated, and over-priced.
01-15-2017 06:56 PM
Doo Online
1st String

Wonder why Wheatley wanted out so bad.
01-15-2017 07:46 PM
Advertisement

Nacho Online
Heisman

(01-15-2017 07:46 PM)Doo Wrote:  Wonder why Wheatley wanted out so bad.

Probably realized Harbaugh is a nut case.
01-15-2017 08:07 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-15-2017 06:56 PM)GullLake Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 05:04 PM)okgc Wrote:  Never heard Wheatley considered a GREAT recruiter before Harbaugh arrived at UM.

Harbaugh does a nice job coaching...the 3rd best team in his division.

UM and Harbaugh are over-hyped, over-rated, and over-priced.

Harbaugh is WAY overpriced, based on results.
01-15-2017 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.