Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn Steals P5 OC and our league Identity
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
UConn Steals P5 OC and our league Identity
Uconn makes a homerun OC hires..Rhett Lashlee, Auburns Offensive Coordinator
this is a game changer for them

but bigger picture, our league is slowly forming an identity..

the big 12 throws it all over the field. the big 10/Sec mostly run down hill prostyle offenses...the pac 12 with spread offenses

is the AAC getting an identity with us being a dual threat/read-option league?...the vast majority of our league will either have dual threats as qbs or run a dual threat offense

cincy aswell is expected to join
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 11:06 PM by pesik.)
01-11-2017 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
RE: UConn Steals P5 OC and our league Identity
(01-11-2017 11:03 PM)pesik Wrote:  Uconn makes a homerun OC hires..Rhett Lashlee, Auburns Offensive Coordinator

the big 12 throws it all over the field. the big 10/Sec mostly run down hill prostyle offenses...the pac 12 with spread offenses

is the AAC getting an identity with us being a dual threat/read-option league?...the vast majority of our league will either have dual threats as qbs or run a dual threat offense

Since you don't know much about the circumstances about his departure from Auburn, let me fill you in:

Lashlee never had play calling duties at Auburn till the 4th game of the 2016 season
(Malzahan was calling all the plays till then...but Lashlee got the bump up in pay, like many other Assistants get based on his title)...which didn't end well, as Auburn lost their last 3 Div I-A Games of the season scoring just 7, 12 and 19 (bowl game) pts...so yes...it certainly looks like Malzahan basically told him he would not be returning for the 2017 season.

Hence hwy Lashlee jumped at any offer...even one that will be at about half the salary he was earning at Auburn.

NOTE: Malzahan was Lashlee's coach back in HS.
01-12-2017 09:03 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-11-2017 11:03 PM)pesik Wrote:  Uconn makes a homerun OC hires..Rhett Lashlee, Auburns Offensive Coordinator

Cincinnati was a dual threat/read-option team prior to Tubs coming to town (ie. Dustin Grutza, Ben Mauk, Zach Collaros). We just had one bad hire who tried to do something that didn't work here.
01-12-2017 10:28 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(01-12-2017 09:03 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Since you don't know much about the circumstances about his departure from Auburn, let me fill you in:

Lashlee never had play calling duties at Auburn till the 4th game of the 2016 season
(Malzahan was calling all the plays till then...but Lashlee got the bump up in pay, like many other Assistants get based on his title)...which didn't end well, as Auburn lost their last 3 Div I-A Games of the season scoring just 7, 12 and 19 (bowl game) pts...so yes...it certainly looks like Malzahan basically told him he would not be returning for the 2017 season.

Hence hwy Lashlee jumped at any offer...even one that will be at about half the salary he was earning at Auburn.

Oh give him a break. He wouldn't have been put in as interim OC at Auburn if they didn't think he could manage it for a few games. It was a pretty tough position to be in late in the season.

I'd call it pretty lackluster HC hire, but it's a decent OC hire.

It also looks like he could potentially have Disco tendencies. We can only hope.
[Image: 14677204-standard.jpg]
01-12-2017 10:57 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
IMO, He was calling plays. Gus took heat for his protege. Pushed out, pay cut. New uconn AD buddy hire.

Lol at some of the stuff you guys come up with.

Sent from my SM-G550T using CSNbbs mobile app
01-12-2017 11:13 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-12-2017 10:57 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 09:03 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Oh give him a break. He wouldn't have been put in as interim OC at Auburn if they didn't think he could manage it for a few games. It was a pretty tough position to be in late in the season.

I'd call it pretty lackluster HC hire, but it's a decent OC hire.

It also looks like he could potentially have Disco tendencies. We can only hope.
[Image: 14677204-standard.jpg]

Disco tendencies. Lol. 3 qbs in one series. Drive ball all way down the field and swap qb and stall drive. Bizzaro Diaco type stuff. On the money.

Connecticut

https://youtu.be/bzc0vKOmwT0
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 11:17 AM by shere khan.)
01-12-2017 11:17 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(01-12-2017 11:13 AM)shere khan Wrote:  IMO, He was calling plays. Gus took heat for his protege. Pushed out, pay cut. New uconn AD buddy hire.

People in CT are excited. That's all it matters.

From Auburn OC to UCONN OC with a $250K paycut from $600K to $350K. Perception matters.

No one gives a rat's ass what some jealous dude from Memphis think.
01-12-2017 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UConnHusky Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn/Celts/Red Sox/Pats
(01-12-2017 01:31 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 11:13 AM)shere khan Wrote:  IMO, He was calling plays. Gus took heat for his protege. Pushed out, pay cut. New uconn AD buddy hire.

From Auburn OC to UCONN OC with a $250K paycut from $600K to $350K. Perception matters.

Don't let the Memphis fans who show up to every UConn thread to take a dump bother you. They are like the pimple faced kid down the block who has no achievements of his own so he tries to lessen the accomplishments of others to make himself feel better. In the end, they both end up working at McDonald's.

[Image: singingcashier.png?w=680]
01-12-2017 01:42 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-12-2017 10:28 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Cincinnati was a dual threat/read-option team prior to Tubs coming to town (ie. Dustin Grutza, Ben Mauk, Zach Collaros). We just had one bad hire who tried to do something that didn't work here.

Outside of this past season, I would say our offenses worked just fine. It was the defense and in-game coaching that didn't work.
01-12-2017 01:47 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

Oh. I'm not from Memphis lol.

Leaves Auburn to go to Uconn for half the money. Run oft. Simple.

Not jealous. Laughing at Connecticut football.

Lost to uga and Bama 3 years. You might should have waited for Gus himself
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 01:52 PM by shere khan.)
01-12-2017 01:51 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
(01-12-2017 01:31 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  From Auburn OC to UCONN OC with a $250K paycut from $600K to $350K. Perception matters.

Read this again.
01-12-2017 01:54 PM
Advertisement

UConn to the Beast Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CCSU, AAC

i agree sf husky ole stookey57 would also from the old beast bcs days.
there was talk on the courant about uconn to the mac or mwc football only, this guy will learn from daddy edsall
01-12-2017 01:56 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-12-2017 01:54 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 01:31 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  From Auburn OC to UCONN OC with a $250K paycut from $600K to $350K. Perception matters.

Read this again.
Like i said. Wait a year and you could get a 2 for one with Gus.

Uconn stolt Auburns OC by giving him half as much money. It must really be great up there.

Bwahaha
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 01:58 PM by shere khan.)
01-12-2017 01:57 PM
UConn to the Beast Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CCSU, AAC
he has an incentive based contract im told from desmond conner.
if they win he could reach upwards of 500k.
01-12-2017 01:58 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-12-2017 01:58 PM)UConn to the Beast Wrote:  he has an incentive based contract im told from desmond conner.
if they win he could reach upwards of 500k.
Could uconn really do any worse. Better write the check
01-12-2017 02:11 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(01-12-2017 09:03 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  Auburn lost their last 3 Div I-A Games of the season scoring just 7, 12 and 19 (bowl game) pts...so yes...it certainly looks like Malzahan basically told him he would not be returning for the 2017 season.
Not disputing that, but it's worth mentioning those three games were @Georgia, @Alabama, and Oklahoma/neutral field. Not an easy trio.
01-12-2017 02:30 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(01-12-2017 02:30 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 09:03 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  Auburn lost their last 3 Div I-A Games of the season scoring just 7, 12 and 19 (bowl game) pts...so yes...it certainly looks like Malzahan basically told him he would not be returning for the 2017 season.
Not disputing that, but it's worth mentioning those three games were @Georgia, @Alabama, and Oklahoma/neutral field. Not an easy trio.
Lost to Uga and Bama. 3 years in a row
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 03:18 PM by shere khan.)
01-12-2017 03:17 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(01-12-2017 02:30 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  

Georgia's defense was almost ranked last in the SEC while OU finished middle of the pack in the very weak defensive conf in the Big 12.

Yeah, I heard Bama's D was pretty good...but obviously Malzahn wanted to make a change and this was the best way to do it (i.e. help get your young friend another job).
01-12-2017 04:00 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I can't make this any more simple. When your best offensive player is your field goal kicker and he saves you from a home loss to vandy.

"He is the best kicker in college football," Malzahn said, "and it is not even close."

You gone.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.s...n_car.html
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 04:39 PM by shere khan.)
01-12-2017 04:38 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
This thread title is misleading. His position at Auburn was in doubt and that talk started near the end of the season. He just jumped before he was put on fire like Pastner did last season.
01-12-2017 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.