NY Times Article From November on Fleck and WMU
01-09-2017 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lancergolf1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WMU
RE: NY Times Article From November on Fleck and WMU
(01-09-2017 01:52 PM)Whinny1 Wrote:  Interesting read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/sports...tball&_r=0

I.e. Foresight.
01-09-2017 01:53 PM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
Exactly. I wonder if this writer would give me some numbers to play the Lotto.
01-09-2017 01:59 PM
fastbuicks Offline
Special Teams

“I told him the day I hired him that I knew he had an incredible future ahead of him,” Beauregard said

Anybody thinks KB wasn't prepared for this day is mislead.
01-09-2017 02:29 PM
Advertisement

lancergolf1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2017 02:29 PM)fastbuicks Wrote:  “I told him the day I hired him that I knew he had an incredible future ahead of him,” Beauregard said

Ok. Just saying watching that presser it sure looked that way. Deer in headlights? Much like Caldwell on the sidelines. No?
01-09-2017 02:35 PM
fastbuicks Offline
Special Teams

(01-09-2017 02:35 PM)lancergolf1 Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 02:29 PM)fastbuicks Wrote:  “I told him the day I hired him that I knew he had an incredible future ahead of him,” Beauregard said

Ok. Just saying watching that presser it sure looked that way. Deer in headlights? Much like Caldwell on the sidelines. No?

Yet 48 hours earlier he was staying. He pulled the plug when team was released for break, athletic staff was on vacation, Dunn was on west coast. Player mom said he mass texted players this past Saturday. Another said he never made contact. It was a nightmare any AD would be shook up. He bolted for Chicago on Tuesday to secretly meet Minnesota. A Twin City TV station broke that when their reporter in Chicago found out. The guy snaked out period. The visual was horrible for the school that just had returned from Cotton Bowl .
01-09-2017 02:42 PM
lancergolf1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2017 02:42 PM)fastbuicks Wrote:  

Yet 48 hours earlier he was staying. He pulled the plug when team was released for break, athletic staff was on vacation, Dunn was on west coast. Player mom said he mass texted players this past Saturday. Another said he never made contact. It was a nightmare any AD would be shook up. He bolted for Chicago on Tuesday to secretly meet Minnesota. A Twin City TV station broke that when their reporter in Chicago found out. The guy snaked out period. The visual was horrible for the school that just had returned from Cotton Bowl .

I know - jusr saying there is "surprise" and there is "SURPRISE!" And she gets paid to be ready for both. And frankly she didn't appear ready for either.
01-09-2017 02:54 PM
Advertisement

bronco1988 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU!
I agree. But not as bad a Brian Kelly interviewing for the Philly Eagles job right before playing Alabama in the national championship game. Predictably they got stomped.

01-09-2017 02:55 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

We didn't even have a couple of days to enjoy the afterglow of the Cotton Bowl. Talk about the cup dashed from our lips! 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 04:46 PM by BroncoPhilly.)
01-09-2017 04:28 PM
NYbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

Yes she was likely caught off guard. No he had not signed an "Extension", but he was still under contract and no jobs were open when the team left Dallas. Even if she thought "Maybe the Minnesota job opens", we have a coach under contract that we are not about to fire, so you really cant be making a back door deal or be talking with potential coaches for a job that is not open. You can only have a list of potential candidates and start the process as soon as needed. Some of the silence may be that yes it was a weekend. Also, as mentioned we need to secure funding. Will the donors keep the funds available for all coaches or only the coaches that they like. Will we be able to offer a 2.5 mil offer or will it only be a 500k offer. All of that needs to be set prior to making your wish list.
01-09-2017 04:36 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-09-2017 04:36 PM)NYbronco Wrote:  Yes she was likely caught off guard. No he had not signed an "Extension", but he was still under contract and no jobs were open when the team left Dallas. Even if she thought "Maybe the Minnesota job opens", we have a coach under contract that we are not about to fire, so you really cant be making a back door deal or be talking with potential coaches for a job that is not open. You can only have a list of potential candidates and start the process as soon as needed. Some of the silence may be that yes it was a weekend. Also, as mentioned we need to secure funding. Will the donors keep the funds available for all coaches or only the coaches that they like. Will we be able to offer a 2.5 mil offer or will it only be a 500k offer. All of that needs to be set prior to making your wish list.

Don't forget we have the $ 600,000 buyout coming from UMinn to spice up an offer.
01-09-2017 04:47 PM
NYbronco Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-09-2017 04:47 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 04:36 PM)NYbronco Wrote:  Yes she was likely caught off guard. No he had not signed an "Extension", but he was still under contract and no jobs were open when the team left Dallas. Even if she thought "Maybe the Minnesota job opens", we have a coach under contract that we are not about to fire, so you really cant be making a back door deal or be talking with potential coaches for a job that is not open. You can only have a list of potential candidates and start the process as soon as needed. Some of the silence may be that yes it was a weekend. Also, as mentioned we need to secure funding. Will the donors keep the funds available for all coaches or only the coaches that they like. Will we be able to offer a 2.5 mil offer or will it only be a 500k offer. All of that needs to be set prior to making your wish list.

Don't forget we have the $ 600,000 buyout coming from UMinn to spice up an offer.

That still leaves a big gap in what we have been paying V what we could have paid. Western was paying about $300,000, alumni may have been offering up to 3mil. that 600k over a few years does not make up the difference.
Cubit got paid more to be an OC at Illinois then as HC at Western, Kathy needs to know what her budget is or if it changes based on the candidate.
01-09-2017 04:56 PM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa

Are you all aware that KB is currently fighting pneumonia? The "Deer in the headlights" was most likely a "sick as a dog" look instead.
01-09-2017 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.