WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What a way to exit huh?
DrakeDog Offline
Banned

I Root For: Western
What a way to exit huh?
He really thanked his loyal followers well.

The University and community that fought for him, stood behind him through thick and thin, to sketchily slime away like that?

You have to be feeling really gratified and happy about it now huh?
01-08-2017 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: What a way to exit huh?
[Image: giphy.gif]
01-08-2017 11:00 PM
DrakeDog Offline
Banned

C'mon man, the guy that preached what he preached, has to ring pretty parking hollow, right? I hope you ALL threw the kool aid over your shoulders when they passed it out.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 01:14 AM by DrakeDog.)
01-09-2017 01:13 AM
tayle's mullet Offline
1st String

Hey, we just won a championship and went to the Cotton Bowl! Sorry you were too bitter to enjoy the epic ride with the rest of us, because it was AWESOME!
01-09-2017 01:53 AM
DrakeDog Offline
Banned

(01-09-2017 01:53 AM)tayles mullet Wrote:  Hey, we just won a championship and went to the Cotton Bowl! Sorry you were too bitter to enjoy the epic ride with the rest of us, because it was AWESOME!

Ahhh, no it was great. I watched it all and enjoyed seeing WMU reach it's potential. Just proves that WMU can be on the national stage with the right focus, resources and alignment of community.

We just don't have to hire a weird nutbag to do so. By no means is that a requirement to success, it was the resourcing and other positives that the guy brought to the table that helped succeed. Including his choice of Coordinators.

I especially enjoyed watching how he trashed you sycophants who were in great denial about him leaving, in real time. Watching you all try to reconcile your emotions here the last few days has been a trip!!

Just delightful. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 02:21 AM by DrakeDog.)
01-09-2017 01:56 AM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
(01-08-2017 10:56 PM)DrakeDog Wrote:  He really thanked his loyal followers well.

The University and community that fought for him, stood behind him through thick and thin, to sketchily slime away like that?

You have to be feeling really gratified and happy about it now huh?

Name a coach who has left the MAC - or any G5 program - the last 10 years who has not done the same thing. 01-wingedeagle

Welcome to reality. Welcome to D-I football, son.
01-09-2017 06:10 AM
Advertisement

AFLAGWA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Snow Days!
(01-09-2017 01:56 AM)DrakeDog Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 01:53 AM)tayles mullet Wrote:  Hey, we just won a championship and went to the Cotton Bowl! Sorry you were too bitter to enjoy the epic ride with the rest of us, because it was AWESOME!

Ahhh, no it was great. I watched it all and enjoyed seeing WMU reach it's potential. Just proves that WMU can be on the national stage with the right focus, resources and alignment of community.

We just don't have to hire a weird nutbag to do so. By no means is that a requirement to success, it was the resourcing and other positives that the guy brought to the table that helped succeed. Including his choice of Coordinators.

I especially enjoyed watching how he trashed you sycophants who were in great denial about him leaving, in real time. Watching you all try to reconcile your emotions here the last few days has been a trip!!

Just delightful. 03-lmfao

Seriously...what is wrong with you? ANYONE that takes joy from watching anyone struggle/suffer/cope needs to take a long look in the mirror. Message board or not, that is just messed up.
01-09-2017 06:18 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
Moombarod is just trying to save face. When fleck came here DB/moomba repeatedly said, based on DB's tremendous understanding of college football and what it takes to win, that we would never win with fleck, and that all us idiots who thought WMU would win with him would be proven wrong. Then he boasted how clairvoyant he was after the first year, mocking us relentlessly, showing us what a classy and smart guy he was. Then after this season proved what an absolute idiot he was, instead of maning up and admitting he was wrong about fleck, like he is wrong about just about everything else he has said about anything, he just insults, needles, and antagonizes, because that's what shallow people like him do. Now he wants to come here and act like he knew something all along, when in fact he was never right about anything; and particularly fleck. He never thought fleck would be good enough to put WMU in this position in the first place.

I know you need some forum to live through dude, as real life has left you without actual people willing to spend time with you, but before you get banned again, save any shred of false dignity you might have and take it to some internet forum for lost souls or something.
01-09-2017 06:36 AM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
Quote:I know you need some forum to live through dude, as real life has left you without actual people willing to spend time with you,

Remember that time he went to the hockey game @ Denver with "friends" and spent the whole game in the hockey forum?
01-09-2017 08:13 AM
DrakeDog Offline
Banned

didn't we lose the cotton bowl? you filthy animal!!
01-09-2017 08:43 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

(01-09-2017 01:13 AM)DrakeDog Wrote:  C'mon man, the guy that preached what he preached, has to ring pretty parking hollow, right? I hope you ALL threw the kool aid over your shoulders when they passed it out.

Some, maybe many people are missing the point. Yes we had a great season, yes we enjoyed it. Yes as a winning coach he did a great job. Yes he had every right to move up the career ladder.

But, did he have to leave like a thief in the night? Did he have to try and steal our recruits on the way out of the door? Did he have to violate nearly every one of his frequently stated values?

I am not the least bit mad at him leaving, I am just disappointed at the sneakiness and sliminess as he left the building.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 09:42 AM by BCBronco.)
01-09-2017 09:41 AM
Advertisement

GullLake Offline

(01-09-2017 09:41 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 01:13 AM)DrakeDog Wrote:  C'mon man, the guy that preached what he preached, has to ring pretty parking hollow, right? I hope you ALL threw the kool aid over your shoulders when they passed it out.

Some, maybe many people are missing the point. Yes we had a great season, yes we enjoyed it. Yes as a winning coach he did a great job. Yes he had every right to move up the career ladder.

But, did he have to leave like a thief in the night? Did he have to try and steal our recruits on the way out of the door? Did he have to violate nearly every one of his frequently stated values?

I am not the least bit mad at him leaving, I am just disappointed at the sneakiness and sliminess as he left the building.

Welcome to D-I football. What Fleck did is disturbing, but par-for-the-course with how coaches leave.

It has been no different at any of the other MAC programs that have lost head coaches to P5 programs, or P5 programs who lost head coaches to other P5 programs.

It is unseemly, but until the NCAA does something about it, nothing will change.

Almost every MAC program that has won the MAC Championship Game the last 10 years has lost its coach, and some prized recruits. This is the first time it has happened to us. It's our reward, I suppose...03-puke
01-09-2017 10:43 AM
BCBronco Offline
All American

Quote:Welcome to D-I football. What Fleck did is disturbing, but par-for-the-course with how coaches leave.

It has been no different at any of the other MAC programs that have lost head coaches to P5 programs, or P5 programs who lost head coaches to other P5 programs

No coach in the history of the MAC has been paid this well, catered to, pampered and coddled like Fleck. Ever. While it may be par for how coaches leave, Fleck had a responsibility to reciprocate in an equal manner of respect, dignity, and honor towards Dr. Dunn, KB, the students and us, the fans.

I keep reading how this is typical for a coach leaving, but the accommodations for Fleck were not common. He had a responsibility for an uncommon exit. I think it's pretty simple.
01-09-2017 10:58 AM
GullLake Offline

(01-09-2017 10:58 AM)BCBronco Wrote:  
Quote:Welcome to D-I football. What Fleck did is disturbing, but par-for-the-course with how coaches leave.

It has been no different at any of the other MAC programs that have lost head coaches to P5 programs, or P5 programs who lost head coaches to other P5 programs

No coach in the history of the MAC has been paid this well, catered to, pampered and coddled like Fleck. Ever. While it may be par for how coaches leave, Fleck had a responsibility to reciprocate in an equal manner of respect, dignity, and honor towards Dr. Dunn, KB, the students and us, the fans.

I keep reading how this is typical for a coach leaving, but the accommodations for Fleck were not common. He had a responsibility for an uncommon exit. I think it's pretty simple.

Awww, he didn't give you a hug goodbye and you're angry.

Stop being such a baby.

It's BS, yes, and you don't have to like it, but it is reality. Stop crying and man-up.

Fleck is gone. It was naive to think he would leave any differently than other coaches have left similar programs...and this may happen again in 2-3 years with our next coach (see NIU, Toledo and CMU).
01-09-2017 11:30 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(01-09-2017 11:30 AM)GullLake Wrote:  

Stop being such a baby.

It's BS, yes, and you don't have to like it, but it is reality. Stop crying and man-up.

Fleck is gone. It was naive to think he would leave any differently than other coaches have left similar programs...and this may happen again in 2-3 years with our next coach (see NIU, Toledo and CMU).

Exactly.
01-09-2017 11:34 AM
bossman68 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Football
(01-09-2017 11:30 AM)GullLake Wrote:  

Stop being such a baby.

Great point, recruits don't follow a Head Coach when he's fired and that's what we are use to. Let's move on.
01-09-2017 11:34 AM
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

Quote:Awww, he didn't give you a hug goodbye and you're angry.

Stop being such a baby.

1. I've written six books, so I know I can write, but I cant seem to get this through to you: I'm not angry, if he thinks he made a good move, good for him, this is America.

2. If expecting someone to behave as he was treated, with honor, than call me naïve for having standards of decorum.

3. Not sure why you need to engage in ad hominem attacks by insulting me and calling me a baby. I don't insult you, what purpose is served?
01-09-2017 11:47 AM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU

From an outsiders perspective it has been interesting watching WMU this year. If I remember correctly you guys all bought in 1000% with PJ. Row the boat was everywhere. He was worshipped in Kalamazoo. Non-stop talk of how great of a motivator and recruiter he is. If anyone thought he would stay longer then you are truly delusional. He used WMU as a stepping stone just like all successful MAC coaches have done in the past. It's the price you pay for being good. He took all your recruits. Did you really think they wanted to play at WMU because they love Kalamazoo? No, they wanted to play for that "lunatic" coach you guys refer to now. I actually think he did WMU a solid and stayed for the Cotton Bowl. Most coaches would have left by then. Imagine the morale in that locker room if the captain boat tower himself jumped ship right before the biggest game of their lives.
The situation sucks now, hopefully WMU could find a good replacement, but jeez enjoy the ride. The guy put WMU on th map
01-09-2017 11:48 AM
GullLake Offline

(01-09-2017 11:48 AM)JoeNovak Wrote:  

From an outsiders perspective it has been interesting watching WMU this year. If I remember correctly you guys all bought in 1000% with PJ. Row the boat was everywhere. He was worshipped in Kalamazoo. Non-stop talk of how great of a motivator and recruiter he is. If anyone thought he would stay longer then you are truly delusional. He used WMU as a stepping stone just like all successful MAC coaches have done in the past. It's the price you pay for being good. He took all your recruits. Did you really think they wanted to play at WMU because they love Kalamazoo? No, they wanted to play for that "lunatic" coach you guys refer to now. I actually think he did WMU a solid and stayed for the Cotton Bowl. Most coaches would have left by then. Imagine the morale in that locker room if the captain boat tower himself jumped ship right before the biggest game of their lives.
The situation sucks now, hopefully WMU could find a good replacement, but jeez enjoy the ride. The guy put WMU on th map

This is a first for WMU. We're used to firing our coaches on our terms (even fired Al Molde, the last coach besides Fleck to win the MAC), not having them leave on their terms.

Unfortunately, many in our fan base have not bothered to look into how coaches have left similar schools - NIU included - to better understand the current situation.

I'm pleased Fleck stayed for the Cotton Bowl, but was half expecting him to leave after the MAC Championship Game.

If Fleck is successful in Minneapolis, in 3-4 years, Minnesota fans will be crying like Utah and Cincinnati fans cried when Urban Meyer, Brian Kelly and Butch Jones jumped for a bigger boat, and there is ALWAYS a bigger boat.

Welcome to D-I football. Fun, but not necessarily pretty. Big Boy Pants required.
01-09-2017 12:02 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

So DrakeDog already banned? Wow that didn't take long...
01-09-2017 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.