Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

They are the swamp - HHS Cabinet pick Price this time
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
They are the swamp - HHS Cabinet pick Price this time
Trading stocks ahead of his own legislation impacting those stocks.

Jack Abramoff is going to look ethical compared to these clowns

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-presses...20781.html
01-08-2017 01:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: They are the swamp - HHS Cabinet pick Price this time
"The Wall Street Journal last month reported that Price bought and sold more than $300,000 in stock in about 40 healthcare, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies over the past four years while sponsoring and advocating legislation that could influence those companies' shares."

The dude is worth $13mil and people are getting their panties in a wad over $300k spread amongst 40 companies over 4 years? Gimme a break.
01-08-2017 08:16 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Some of us don't care if it was only 1 buck. You don't do it. Kinda like have files on a private server

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
01-08-2017 09:27 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
This place is worth coming by each day to see what topics Tom is having histrionics about.

Its like the media freakout of seeing Andrew Cunanon hiding behind every palm tree every day.
01-08-2017 09:59 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(01-08-2017 08:16 AM)dfarr Wrote:  "The Wall Street Journal last month reported that Price bought and sold more than $300,000 in stock in about 40 healthcare, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies over the past four years while sponsoring and advocating legislation that could influence those companies' shares."

The dude is worth $13mil and people are getting their panties in a wad over $300k spread amongst 40 companies over 4 years? Gimme a break.

So I can steal 2.3 percent of my net worth, no questions asked? Cool! Twenty bucks is twenty bucks!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 10:12 AM by 58-56.)
01-08-2017 10:11 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(01-08-2017 10:11 AM)58-56 Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 08:16 AM)dfarr Wrote:  "The Wall Street Journal last month reported that Price bought and sold more than $300,000 in stock in about 40 healthcare, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies over the past four years while sponsoring and advocating legislation that could influence those companies' shares."

So I can steal 2.3 percent of my net worth, no questions asked? Cool! Twenty bucks is twenty bucks!

Obama would veto any legislation he passed so its not like he could really shape policy.

The question is whether this violated any ethics rules.
01-08-2017 10:26 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
From the original link:

"Collins serves as the Trump transition team's congressional liaison. Collins spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement the congressman "has followed all ethical guidelines related to his personal finances during his time in the House and will continue to do so."
House Republicans had moved on Monday to weaken the ethics office but backtracked a day later after criticism from Democrats and Trump.
Trump transition spokesman Blando said the ethics questions Schumer raised about Price should be directed to three sitting Democratic senators, Delaware's Tom Carper, Virginia's Mark Warner and Rhode Island's Sheldon Whitehouse, "who own and have traded hundreds of thousands of dollars in pharmaceutical and health insurance company stocks."
"Hypocrisy is apparently alive and well this morning in Washington," Blando said.
A Warner spokeswoman said his investments were managed by an independent trustee. A Whitehouse spokesman said the senator does not direct his trading. A Carper spokeswoman said he has submitted thorough financial disclosures and "always complied with every requirement and regulation.""
01-08-2017 10:28 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2017 10:28 AM)bullet Wrote:  From the original link:

"Collins serves as the Trump transition team's congressional liaison. Collins spokesman Michael McAdams said in a statement the congressman "has followed all ethical guidelines related to his personal finances during his time in the House and will continue to do so."
House Republicans had moved on Monday to weaken the ethics office but backtracked a day later after criticism from Democrats and Trump.
Trump transition spokesman Blando said the ethics questions Schumer raised about Price should be directed to three sitting Democratic senators, Delaware's Tom Carper, Virginia's Mark Warner and Rhode Island's Sheldon Whitehouse, "who own and have traded hundreds of thousands of dollars in pharmaceutical and health insurance company stocks."
"Hypocrisy is apparently alive and well this morning in Washington," Blando said.
A Warner spokeswoman said his investments were managed by an independent trustee. A Whitehouse spokesman said the senator does not direct his trading. A Carper spokeswoman said he has submitted thorough financial disclosures and "always complied with every requirement and regulation.""

Price has custodial control of his own money. If you'd like to go after Carper...if he manages his own money....then get him too...right after you go after Price.

So long as Warner's money is in a truly blind trust (I'm assuming it is) and Whitehouse's too, then I'm less concerned with it. So long as Whitehouse and Warner didn't communicate any inside intel to the trustee, I'm good.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 11:10 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-08-2017 11:08 AM
QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
I find insider trading as an assault on capitalism and as such, wish anyone who is guilty to be punished.

However, there is a fine line between insider trading and educated trading.

I don't think any doctor would be consider guilty of insider trading if they had esoteric knowledge concerning a health care company's future prospects. Furthermore, most legislation under consideration is publicized and anyone who closely follows an industry which is regulated, would have access to the information.

Simply owning and selling stocks is not, and should not, be considered a breech of ethics.

And actually, divesting stocks on which you might have a significant impact, is the preferred action.
01-08-2017 11:24 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

And now...no oversight of Cabinet picks...

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/01/08/sen-m...ees-video/
01-08-2017 12:57 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama

You have a net worth under $900?

Why am I not surprised?
01-08-2017 12:59 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Where is there any indication that anybody stole anything?
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 01:07 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
01-08-2017 01:07 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: butt-hurt.jpg]
01-08-2017 01:14 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2017 01:07 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Where is there any indication that anybody stole anything?

Seeing as there's going to be no investigation or oversight...and not even a proper hearing on nominees.....we will never know....untill a scandal bigger than Abramoff's comes out (and it will).

"Heck of a job - Brownie" comes to mind when I think of DJT's cast of clowns in the Cabinet. Whats the over/under on indicted DJT Cabinet picks within the next 10 years (barring wholesale blanket pardons)....I'll go with 6.

----

LOL. We don't even know how much money DJT has, where it is invested, how much the Russians are paying him, etc. And his collection of Cabinet picks, many with transparent financial conflicts, are going to get confirmed by the GOP (who will be responsible for everything they didn't allow the investigators to find) without any oversight.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 01:17 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-08-2017 01:15 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
The comedy meter on this board has been pegged the last few days.
01-08-2017 01:28 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2017 01:28 PM)appst89 Wrote:  The comedy meter on this board has been pegged the last few days.

So, you good with no investigation of DJT Cabinet picks? No oversight? Even consistent with how much was done for Obama's picks?
01-08-2017 02:24 PM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
Win elections; control the Senate; enjoy taking over government.
01-08-2017 02:48 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2017 02:48 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Win elections; control the Senate; enjoy taking over government.

So no rules. Gotcha. I think there should be, but I dont' want to hear one peep from you if the Dems decide to play hardball in 2021 when they take over everything. And they will - you guys aren't doing anything to gain any votes. Good luck beating Cory Booker or Elizabeth Warren when you guys have p*ssed off every person not firmly in your base.

You know, when Obama was elected, even though he had the House and the Senate....he allowed for strong oversight hearings. Why? Because he didn't want to give the impression of impropriety. And wanted bad things to come out before they could damage his government.

And a few super Abramoff scandals are coming. You know that. Now, the GOP Senators who hush-hushed the investigation will be held responsible for what wasn't uncovered because they voted to cut off responsible oversight.

Enjoy.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 02:54 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-08-2017 02:53 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(01-08-2017 02:53 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 02:48 PM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  Win elections; control the Senate; enjoy taking over government.

So no rules. Gotcha. I think there should be, but I dont' want to hear one peep from you if the Dems decide to play hardball in 2021 when they take over everything. And they will - you guys aren't doing anything to gain any votes. Good luck beating Cory Booker or Elizabeth Warren when you guys have p*ssed off every person not firmly in your base.

You know, when Obama was elected, even though he had the House and the Senate....he allowed for strong oversight hearings. Why? Because he didn't want to give the impression of impropriety. And wanted bad things to come out before they could damage his government.

And a few super Abramoff scandals are coming. You know that. Now, the GOP Senators who hush-hushed the investigation will be held responsible for what wasn't uncovered because they voted to cut off responsible oversight.

Enjoy.

03-lmfao

You have lost your ever-loving mind.

Here are some examples of how the Obama administration dealt with oversight

01-08-2017 03:01 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-08-2017 03:01 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 02:53 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

Enjoy.

03-lmfao

You have lost your ever-loving mind.

Here are some examples of how the Obama administration dealt with oversight

LOL at Darrell Issa talking about ethics. He will finish his career in the House in 2018 (He's gone in 2018 - demographics). DJT will probably apppoint him the 'anti-car theft czar' where he will line his pockets until DJT gets turfed out.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2017 03:03 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-08-2017 03:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.