Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Reverse Jynx
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Reverse Jynx
Neither of our teams will make the NCAA tourney...

Lady's at 2-1 in MAC play and the men at 2-0. Lets just say wins have been in fairly convincing fashion. With the men starting like this, it may be a weird year where we catch lightning in a bottle and shoot our way to a title? Or this is flash in a plan.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 05:48 PM by UofToledoFans.)
01-07-2017 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Reverse Jynx
(01-07-2017 05:47 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Neither of our teams will make the NCAA tourney...

Lady's at 2-1 in MAC play and the men at 2-0. Lets just say wins have been in fairly convincing fashion. With the men starting like this, it may be a weird year where we catch lightning in a bottle and shoot our way to a title? Or this is flash in a plan.

Despite the Lady Rockets poor start last year, is seems to me that the general trend for too many years now in WBB, MBB & FB is that the teams seem to play stronger in the early season (including the early part of the MAC season) and less strong in the late season when the stakes are usually the highest.

Good things should happen if they can ever break that trend because all three programs have had championship quality teams that just could not get it done in crunch time during the past decade.
01-07-2017 07:42 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I guess I'm now of the mindset that I'm not going to set my expectations too high and hope to be surprised. Nice to open men's conference play with two W's. Probably bad teams, but that's an OK way to start.
01-07-2017 10:04 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-07-2017 10:04 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  I guess I'm now of the mindset that I'm not going to set my expectations too high and hope to be surprised. Nice to open men's conference play with two W's. Probably bad teams, but that's an OK way to start.

Miami beat BSU, Buffalo just smoked EMU- not TOO bad. Two of our yet-to-be-played Western Division foes. WMU looks awful- NIU? Hard to say, but we're in as good a position as anyone.
01-08-2017 12:29 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
things go in cycles. ours is coming, maybe, this year, when no one expected it, things will fall into place
01-08-2017 03:22 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
To see Miami beat NIU while shooting 10-24 from FT line... and just went about perfect against us while we smoked em? Makes me think we are one of the better teams in the league... NIU still has dominated us lately.
01-08-2017 02:00 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-08-2017 03:22 AM)pono Wrote:  things go in cycles. ours is coming, maybe, this year, when no one expected it, things will fall into place

36 year old cycles?!?
01-08-2017 08:10 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(01-08-2017 08:10 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 03:22 AM)pono Wrote:  things go in cycles. ours is coming, maybe, this year, when no one expected it, things will fall into place

36 year old cycles?!?

Quote:The 36-year cycle is an important key to western esoteric astrology. Each year of the 36-year cycle represents a decanate or ten degree part of the zodiac. Each year a new decanate (or decan) begins and a new mythic story unfolds. This story is revealed by the year's decan constellation and its corresponding tarot card.
01-08-2017 08:55 PM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
^^^^this is the first time in my life that any of this crap has ever made sense!!
01-08-2017 09:21 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Our chances of winning the MAC tournament are the stuff of myths all right. We myth too many fouls shoths and too many opportunitieth to get defenthive stopth.
01-09-2017 01:43 AM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
this team is the 36th degree of rocket basketball
01-09-2017 02:02 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-09-2017 01:43 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Our chances of winning the MAC tournament are the stuff of myths all right. We myth too many fouls shoths and too many opportunitieth to get defenthive stopth.
Now that's funny.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
01-09-2017 01:22 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-09-2017 01:22 PM)emanoh Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 01:43 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Our chances of winning the MAC tournament are the stuff of myths all right. We myth too many fouls shoths and too many opportunitieth to get defenthive stopth.
Now that's funny.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Indeed. But then that's what we expect from H2Oville!

I had posted previously that I believed the men's team would enter conference play with a losing record. They didn't. I also said that I thought they could be a team that improved as the season progressed, and might be playing their best ball come March. I think they've improved more quickly than I had hoped, at least for the moment...I'll stand by my other thought that they may play their best ball in March. Jon Jon is playing team ball & under control; Steve Taylor, Jr. quietly gets double-doubles; Sanford has not only become serviceable as the PG but also found a way to contribute points at the same time; Roberts is allowing Jon Jon & Sanford to get more and more rest (and not doing many things that hurt us in the process), and now Garber's injury may allow Adway to get more playing time & confidence than he would have otherwise. Add in Lauf, Navigato & Knapke and this team could be as deep as anyone in the MAC come tournament time.
01-09-2017 01:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.