Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ark State/UC/USF former OL Coach Hiller to UH
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 03:48 PM by The Brown Bull.)
01-06-2017 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
RE: Ark State/UC/USF former OL Coach Hiller to UH
(01-06-2017 03:46 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/arti...840473.php

Was ok here at UC, part of the Tuberville clan. Benefited greatly from Butch Jones recruits.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 03:51 PM by rosewater.)
01-06-2017 03:50 PM
Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
RE: UC/USF former OL Coach Hiller to UH
You missed the best part:

UH hires current boys and girls club coach Mark D'Onofrio as defensive coordinator.
01-06-2017 03:50 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(01-06-2017 03:50 PM)rosewater Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 03:46 PM)The Brown Bull Wrote:  http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/arti...840473.php

Was ok here at UC, part of the Tuberville clan. Benefited greatly from Butch Jones recruits.

He was good at coaching technique, but his recruiting was horrific (he was the primary offensive line recruiter).
01-06-2017 04:04 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Awful hires by Applewhite

At this rate here hope Oliver doesn't transfer now. My
01-06-2017 04:30 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
USF rushed for almost 4,000 yards and 47 rushing TD's this year, so he must have done something right. A lot of USF fans wanted to retain him. Of course a lot of that was due to the individual ability of Flowers and Mack, but the O-line was more than solid this year.
01-06-2017 04:32 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
4 jobs in 3 years now for Hiller. One would think he'd actually manage to figure out how to stay somewhere longer than a year.
01-06-2017 04:36 PM
StAteRedWolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ark St, Fla St
(01-06-2017 04:32 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  USF rushed for almost 4,000 yards and 47 rushing TD's this year, so he must have done something right. A lot of USF fans wanted to retain him. Of course a lot of that was due to the individual ability of Flowers and Mack, but the O-line was more than solid this year.

Hiller is a solid hire for Houston. If you don't want him we can use him back at ASU.
01-06-2017 04:37 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-06-2017 04:37 PM)StAteRedWolf Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:32 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  USF rushed for almost 4,000 yards and 47 rushing TD's this year, so he must have done something right. A lot of USF fans wanted to retain him. Of course a lot of that was due to the individual ability of Flowers and Mack, but the O-line was more than solid this year.

Hiller is a solid hire for Houston. If you don't want him we can use him back at ASU.

After the way he treated us last year, I doubt our athletic department will ever employ him again.

Good coach, but he's coached his last here.
01-06-2017 04:42 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Jollyroger15 5 points 55 minutes ago
That moment when Houston said "f*** it. We're not gonna let anyone poach our coaches this time"
01-06-2017 04:44 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
(01-06-2017 04:30 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  Awful hires by Applewhite

Yes applewhite has been very underwhelming. Ill say this i don't expect us to be good but as long as we are competitive and show improvement as the year goes on ill be happy. If not then we need to get rid of him and realize that the big buyout was a huge mistake and move on.
01-06-2017 04:48 PM
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Online
Heisman

(01-06-2017 04:48 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Yes applewhite has been very underwhelming. Ill say this i don't expect us to be good but as long as we are competitive and show improvement as the year goes on ill be happy. If not then we need to get rid of him and realize that the big buyout was a huge mistake and move on.

Good or bad we're going to be stuck with Applewhite for a while. You can't complain about coaches leaving early and then fire your coach after his first year. We would look idiots and ******** and it would greatly diminish our chances of making a splash hire in the future. Is what it is. Just gotta for the best at this point.
01-06-2017 04:53 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(01-06-2017 04:53 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:48 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  

Good or bad we're going to be stuck with Applewhite for a while. You can't complain about coaches leaving early and then fire your coach after his first year. We would look idiots and ******** and it would greatly diminish our chances of making a splash hire in the future. Is what it is. Just gotta for the best at this point.

Very true! I just hope that at worst we have another levine. I think we can survive that.
01-06-2017 05:25 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

The nerve wrecking part for me right now Applewhite can't even hold on to recruits who were already sold to Houston... I mean, Applewhite was already here to begin with is not like he was brought here from elsewhere and starting from scratch.

I know I may be jumping the gun here but I definitely don't like what I am witnessing. That's all.
01-06-2017 05:49 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(01-06-2017 05:49 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The nerve wrecking part for me right now Applewhite can't even hold on to recruits who were already sold to Houston... I mean, Applewhite was already here to begin with is not like he was brought here from elsewhere and starting from scratch.

I know I may be jumping the gun here but I definitely don't like what I am witnessing. That's all.

I tried to tell everyone hiring from within doesn't work but its whatever. I honestly feel if we had thrown more at Lincoln Riley we could have gotten him. Heck at this point i would have taken les miles.
01-06-2017 05:51 PM
Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
(01-06-2017 05:51 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 05:49 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  The nerve wrecking part for me right now Applewhite can't even hold on to recruits who were already sold to Houston... I mean, Applewhite was already here to begin with is not like he was brought here from elsewhere and starting from scratch.

I tried to tell everyone hiring from within doesn't work but its whatever. I honestly feel if we had thrown more at Lincoln Riley we could have gotten him. Heck at this point i would have taken les miles.

If I'm hiring a HC for UCF, I'd pick the rising star that only sticks around for 2-3 years every single time. I don't know why Houston got so obsessed with making sure the next coach stays for the long haul.
01-06-2017 06:05 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

No thanks to Lincoln definitely not a fan of his... Miles in the other hand due to experience I would've been okay with.
01-06-2017 06:08 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

(01-06-2017 06:05 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  

If I'm hiring a HC for UCF, I'd pick the rising star that only sticks around for 2-3 years every single time. I don't know why Houston got so obsessed with making sure the next coach stays for the long haul.

Has nothing to do with being obsessed more like been fed up with head coaches disturbing a good thing and before big name potential bowl destinations.

I applaud Houston a million times for how they determine the buyout for today and future head coaches.
01-06-2017 06:20 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

(01-06-2017 06:20 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 06:05 PM)Insane_Baboon Wrote:  

Has nothing to do with being obsessed more like been fed up with head coaches disturbing a good thing and before big name potential bowl destinations.

I applaud Houston a million times for how they determine the buyout for today and future head coaches.

I mean im glad we fought for it. But we fought for the wrong guy. If we were going to do a big buy out it should have been for les miles.
01-06-2017 07:49 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
I REALLY like the Hiller hire. The only reason he was available was the shake up at USF.

I also really like the Johnson QB/OC hire.

Come to think about it, I like the James Casey (TE), AJ Blum (DL), Jennings (Co-DC) etc.

As a Temple alum, I am not even down on D'Onofrio. The other hires have been stellar (imo) and D'Onofrio's time at Miami is really the only red flag in the staff hirings.
At Temple, he did a great job getting Wilkerson ready to play on Sundays; so I feel good about Big Ed's development. Applewhite knows what he wants with the D'Onofrio/Jennings DC, and clearly we want an aggressive 3-4.

Let's roll. The staff looks good, imo.
I'm just glad we're filling out the positions with the end of the dead period coming up. I'm giddy about the offensive staff and recruits.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 08:40 PM by BigEastHomer.)
01-06-2017 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.