Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PJ Fleck to Minnesota Confirmed.
Bookmark and Share
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
PJ Fleck to Minnesota Confirmed.
http://kstp.com/sports/university-of-min...187/?cat=7

$3.6M/year. Says he met with Minnesota for 4 hours yesterday in Chicago. Should know soon if this is true.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 11:02 AM by Lord Stanley.)
01-05-2017 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
RE: One report of PJ to Minnesota
Uh oh.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
01-05-2017 08:52 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
I honestly do not think if he leaves, it is a bad thing for WMU
01-05-2017 09:02 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Someone needs to do a poll on what his new slogan will be. Would be mighty stupid to turn down 3.6 million a year. Minnesota would seem to be the right size stepping stone and from there he could make the leap to a more "ELITE" institution. Minnesota has a very good academic reputation which would fit with his character. The $21,000,000 question though is will his methods/act carry over to the Big Ten.

All of the problems at Minny are fixable and if a bunch of guys leave (doubtful) he gets a free year to build his brand and say he was cleaning house.
01-05-2017 09:03 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's a crusher for WMU. Their whole rise has been predicated on PJ, not the institution, not the "Hard Way" not "Talons Up" , the "Cradle of Coaches" etc.
01-05-2017 09:07 PM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
$21 million is a serious offor.
Can WMU boosters and athletics department come up with a shorter year contract with a comparative yearly salary?
01-05-2017 09:11 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-05-2017 09:07 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  It's a crusher for WMU. Their whole rise has been predicated on PJ, not the institution, not the "Hard Way" not "Talons Up" , the "Cradle of Coaches" etc.

I don't think it is at all. I think WMU players were already sick of his act. He walked into a good situation. I think it's best for WMU to not blow money on him. Should tell a person something if Minny is the best offer
01-05-2017 09:12 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(01-05-2017 09:07 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  It's a crusher for WMU. Their whole rise has been predicated on PJ, not the institution, not the "Hard Way" not "Talons Up" , the "Cradle of Coaches" etc.

Big time crusher. They will have to start all over. New identity. New atmosphere. NIU's house was built brick by brick, each coach adding more bricks to what the previous coach had done. WMU's house was an inflatable bouncy house whose fan was just unplugged. NIU had a system. WMU had one guy.
01-05-2017 09:24 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(01-05-2017 09:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I think WMU players were already sick of his act. He walked into a good situation.

Seriously MD, can you produce any type of legitimate source to back up your claim the "WMU players were sick of his act"? Every player interview seen or heard was positive; the community and alumni response was positive, haven't read one single report that coincides with your opinion.
You are also sadly mistaken if you believe he walked into a good situation. Since his first season you often predicted his demise; then this year some of your posts made WMU sound unbeatable.
Would never expect you to ever admit to being wrong, but instead just list things as your opinion especially when all evidence is to the contrary.
01-05-2017 09:27 PM
jjprender Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
(01-05-2017 09:27 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 09:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I think WMU players were already sick of his act. He walked into a good situation.

Seriously MD, can you produce any type of legitimate source to back up your claim the "WMU players were sick of his act"? Every player interview seen or heard was positive; the community and alumni response was positive, haven't read one single report that coincides with your opinion.
You are also sadly mistaken if you believe he walked into a good situation. Since his first season you often predicted his demise; then this year some of your posts made WMU sound unbeatable.
Would never expect you to ever admit to being wrong, but instead just list things as your opinion especially when all evidence is to the contrary.

07-coffee3 Well said
01-05-2017 09:35 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(01-05-2017 09:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

I don't think it is at all. I think WMU players were already sick of his act. He walked into a good situation. I think it's best for WMU to not blow money on him. Should tell a person something if Minny is the best offer

MD it is truly amazing how you manage to make every single thread about you.
01-05-2017 09:45 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(01-05-2017 09:03 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Someone needs to do a poll on what his new slogan will be. Would be mighty stupid to turn down 3.6 million a year. Minnesota would seem to be the right size stepping stone and from there he could make the leap to a more "ELITE" institution. Minnesota has a very good academic reputation which would fit with his character. The $21,000,000 question though is will his methods/act carry over to the Big Ten.

All of the problems at Minny are fixable and if a bunch of guys leave (doubtful) he gets a free year to build his brand and say he was cleaning house.

Apparently WMU owns "row the boat". Good for them.

I think his new slogan will be "pull the wagon", which would have been a more appropriate slogan for a school with a horse for a mascot, like WMU. Go figure.

I go with "pull the wagon" because, hey, whatever rows your boat? Whatever pulls your wagon?

(01-05-2017 09:24 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

Big time crusher. They will have to start all over. New identity. New atmosphere. NIU's house was built brick by brick, each coach adding more bricks to what the previous coach had done. WMU's house was an inflatable bouncy house whose fan was just unplugged. NIU had a system. WMU had one guy.

I like your bouncy house analogy. I hope the Huskies have not lost a few bricks after last season.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 09:54 PM by Huskie_Jon.)
01-05-2017 09:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(01-05-2017 09:52 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 09:03 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Someone needs to do a poll on what his new slogan will be. Would be mighty stupid to turn down 3.6 million a year. Minnesota would seem to be the right size stepping stone and from there he could make the leap to a more "ELITE" institution. Minnesota has a very good academic reputation which would fit with his character. The $21,000,000 question though is will his methods/act carry over to the Big Ten.

Apparently WMU owns "row the boat". Good for them.

I think his new slogan will be "pull the wagon", which would have been a more appropriate slogan for a school with a horse for a mascot, like WMU. Go figure.

I go with "pull the wagon" because, hey, whatever rows your boat? Whatever pulls your wagon?

(01-05-2017 09:24 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  

I like your bouncy house analogy. I hope the Huskies have not lost a few bricks after last season.

The mortar is a little crumbled, but the bricks are there.
01-05-2017 10:11 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

http://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers/227375040-story

Bye bye PJ. Unfortunate for WMU. Always felt that it was never about the school and always about him. So the broncos gonna still row the boat?
01-05-2017 10:17 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Good opportunity for us to grab some other verbals
01-05-2017 10:22 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

(01-05-2017 10:22 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Good opportunity for us to grab some other verbals

You have to think that top MAC recruiting class will all jump ship. Especially after a sales pitch from PJ and then leaving
01-05-2017 10:24 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-05-2017 09:45 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  

HuH? I was talking about how I don't think WMU is ruined if PJ leaves. I think you posted to the wrong topic
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 10:32 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
01-05-2017 10:32 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-05-2017 10:17 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  http://www.fox9.com/sports/gophers/227375040-story

Bye bye PJ. Unfortunate for WMU. Always felt that it was never about the school and always about him. So the broncos gonna still row the boat?

I think in the long run this helps WMU
01-05-2017 10:32 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

(01-05-2017 10:32 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

HuH? I was talking about how I don't think WMU is ruined if PJ leaves. I think you posted to the wrong topic

Problem is that PJ is such a big personality hat he made everything about himself. This could be very deflating for WMU.
01-05-2017 10:34 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(01-05-2017 10:34 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 10:32 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Problem is that PJ is such a big personality hat he made everything about himself. This could be very deflating for WMU.

That is why I think its a good move for WMU, he is very selfish and a shameless self-promoter. I really think you would have seen WMU bottom out in a horrid way had he stayed. Fleck is the Ozzie Guillen of college coaching. The act is ok and a spark for a short term, but not as a long term permanent fix
01-05-2017 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.