01-05-2017 06:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Looks like new OL corch is---------------------------------
http://www.etsubucs.com/football/coaches...rik-losey/

Losey, who has spent the 2013 season as an assistant coach at Alcorn State, played at ETSU in 2002 and 2003. He said it’s an honor to be back in Johnson City and helping to resurrect a program that he watched end back in 2003.

At Alcorn State, Losey helped the program’s offense finish first in least sacks allowed, second in total offense, and third in rushing offense in the Southwest Athletic Conference. He also helped guide linemen Isaac Sampson, Detonio Dade and Jon Scott to postseason honors, with Sampson earning first-team All-America status.

Prior the 2013 season at Alcorn State, Losey coached running backs for Campbell University in Buies Creek, N.C. In his only season Campbell, Losey tutored freshman fullback Dalton Dillon to All-PFL honors. Losey spent the 2011 season at Webber International University where he coached the offensive line and was responsible for writing up the "Warrior" run game. He had two offensive linemen who were nominated for All-America honors under his direction.

During the 2009 and 2010 seasons, Losey served as the Offensive Line quality control coach at Florida State University. As a member of the Seminoles staff, Losey assisted with the offensive line under Offensive Line Coach Rick Trickett and served under Head Coaches Jimbo Fisher and Bobby Bowden. During Losey’s two seasons at Florida State, the Seminoles had two bowl victories in both the 2009 Gator Bowl and the 2010 Chick-Fil-A Bowl.

The Hixson, Tenn., native began his coaching career as the Offensive Graduate Assistant for Western Kentucky University during the Hilltoppers transition from Division I FCS to Division I FBS, joining the Sun Belt Conference. Losey worked under Offensive Line Coach Walter Wells and Head Coach David Elson during the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

Losey enjoyed a deocrated playing career at both ETSU and Western Kentucky, starting all 47 games of his college career. He began his collegiate career at ETSU in 2002, where he was a Southern Conference Freshman of the Year nominee. After the 2003 season, ETSU discontinued its football program and Losey transferred to WKU, where he was selected to the All-Gateway Conference 2nd team and a First Team All-Newcomer selection in 2004. As a senior, Losey was voted to the American Football Coaches Association All-America First Team and Associated Press All-America Third Team under the direction of Offensive Line Coach Walter Wells.

In addition to gaining All-America status in 2005, Losey was named to the All-Gateway Conference First Team while receiving National Lineman of the Week for his play against SEC member Auburn University and also earned Conference Player of the Week twice during the season.

Losey graduated from Western Kentucky with a double major, earning his B.A. degree in History and Social Studies in 2006.
01-05-2017 06:52 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
...whoopee!
01-05-2017 07:11 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I guess he interviewed well.
01-05-2017 07:30 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
You are going to be unbelievably surprised at who you are getting. He developed a lot of absolutely nothing into something in a very short period of time. He's a tireless recruiter with ties to west and middle Tennessee, and if he does what we all expect him to he'll be at an even larger program than Southern Miss before the next presidential election cycle. Some of us have known this for awhile. Our loss is definitely your gain.
01-05-2017 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(01-05-2017 08:58 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  You are going to be unbelievably surprised at who you are getting. He developed a lot of absolutely nothing into something in a very short period of time. He's a tireless recruiter with ties to west and middle Tennessee, and if he does what we all expect him to he'll be at an even larger program than Southern Miss before the next presidential election cycle. Some of us have known this for awhile. Our loss is definitely your gain.

thats great news. thanks for your input!
01-05-2017 09:07 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(01-05-2017 08:58 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  You are going to be unbelievably surprised at who you are getting. He developed a lot of absolutely nothing into something in a very short period of time. He's a tireless recruiter with ties to west and middle Tennessee, and if he does what we all expect him to he'll be at an even larger program than Southern Miss before the next presidential election cycle. Some of us have known this for awhile. Our loss is definitely your gain.

Thanks Ms Losey, every mother should love her son as you...03-lmfao
01-05-2017 09:15 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Thanks for checking in, Buc. Hope he's a good one.
01-05-2017 09:35 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

8 posts in, and nobody's said anything about the word "lose" being right there in his name?

You people disappoint me sometimes.
01-05-2017 10:49 PM
Advertisement

eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2017 10:49 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  You people disappoint me sometimes.

Prolly not the first time, or last, that we've heard that...03-lmfao
01-05-2017 11:01 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

(01-05-2017 09:15 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

He wouldn't have gotten the job had he not had that much credibility. We'll revisit this in the future. You'll be happy with him.
01-06-2017 12:47 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(01-06-2017 12:47 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  

He wouldn't have gotten the job had he not had that much credibility.

...oh you poor uninformed thing you.
01-06-2017 01:06 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-06-2017 01:06 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

Ignore the numbskulls....thanks for posting.
01-06-2017 01:15 PM
Advertisement

JBeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USM

(01-06-2017 01:15 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

Seconded. I would have used a stronger word than numbskulls, so glad you posted.04-cheers
01-10-2017 08:39 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

(01-10-2017 08:39 PM)JBeagle Wrote:  

(01-05-2017 09:15 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Thanks Ms Losey, every mother should love her son as you...03-lmfao

I would have used stronger words than numbskulls04-cheers

scoundrels? rascals? naughty boys? 04-cheers
01-10-2017 09:26 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

...well we'll just see who the numbskull is next year when Southern Miss Junior College goes 3-9....we'll just see who gets another last laugh on you people.
01-10-2017 09:43 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(01-10-2017 09:43 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...well we'll just see who the numbskull is next year when Southern Miss Junior College goes 3-9....we'll just see who gets another last laugh on you people.

I guess Keyboard Cowboy I will be the name of 2017?
01-10-2017 09:50 PM
Advertisement

99beers Offline
Banned

I Root For: So Miss
Easy Paul.........you getting out of hand here boy. Your "hate" of all things so miss is getting a bit old. Ease up.
01-10-2017 10:47 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

(01-10-2017 08:39 PM)JBeagle Wrote:  

(01-05-2017 09:15 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  Thanks Ms Losey, every mother should love her son as you...03-lmfao

Seconded. I would have used a stronger word than numbskulls, so glad you posted.04-cheers

It's all good, Losey never should've been at ETSU to begin with. He came to finish what he started as a player when the program got dropped. He wanted to work with Billy Taylor and some of the other staff members. Southern Miss is one of those teams I've always followed as well, so it'll be interesting to see where they go in 2017 and beyond now that they seem completely healed from the Ellis Johnson disaster (though I imagine the emotional scars of that crap show will never heal). Plus, I hate Kentucky, and ya'll beat Kentucky last year. That was fun.
01-19-2017 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.