Western Michigan vs. Wisconsin
Bookmark and Share
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Western Michigan vs. Wisconsin
Wisconsin -31
Boat rowers- 17

I think it will be close in the first half but Wisconsin will pull away. WMU hasn't played a defense as good as this. They struggled against a good defense in the MAC championship game. Problem was that Ohio had a horrible offense.
01-02-2017 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Western Michigan vs. Wisconsin
ESPN radio was just talking about this game. About how hard it will be for Wisconsin, after going through that B1G gauntlet, to get up for WMU. For This reason I was torn between blowout or close game. But looking at Terrell's rating against the only half way decent defenses he faced, NU and Ohio, I'm going Badger blow out. The WMU QB had a 68 and 58 rating vs those teams. The Badger defense is much much better. 38-16.
01-02-2017 09:53 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I have Western Michigan with the upset 38-31. I doubt Wisconsin will take them lightly, it's just that I feel Wisconsin is overrated . Top MAC schools play well against Big Ten middle to top tier teams.Western having this much time to prepare for them is a positive . I think the Badgers will have a hard time stopping their offense. They're not a one trick pony that can either only run or pass. We'll find out how elite they really are.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 11:05 AM by BDB5yp.)
01-02-2017 11:01 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

Good luck to the Broncos. I have trouble rooting for Peeej, but they've earned this shot.
01-02-2017 11:12 AM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(01-02-2017 11:01 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  I have Western Michigan with the upset 38-31. I doubt Wisconsin will take them lightly, it's just that I feel Wisconsin is overrated . Top MAC schools play well against Big Ten middle to top tier teams.Western having this much time to prepare for them is a positive . I think the Badgers will have a hard time stopping their offense. They're not a one trick pony that can either only run or pass. We'll find out how elite they really are.

Curious as to why you think Wisconsin is over rated. Their 3 losses were to the #7,#4 and #2 team. Each by one score. But they also sport 3 top 10 wins over #8,#5, and #7. They had the 11th most difficult schedule. Maybe because they're offense isn't very dynamic?? They're not the kind of team to drop 60 on anyone.
01-02-2017 11:36 AM
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Know it's tough to stomach the PJ stuff but we have to root for Western here don't we? With the talk of the G5 playoff and the growing divide between us and P5, can't imagine a blowout loss for Western would be a good look. The wins for Boise and TCU in years past facilitated the conversation about giving the little guy a shot. Kinda feel like the little guys need a win here to keep ourselves in the conversation.
01-02-2017 12:01 PM
Advertisement

thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

I'm having trouble rooting for WMU, but its because I'm bitter. More than that though, I want to throw chaos into this "perfect" system the brain trust thinks they've created. So WMU it is, even if they get to take home the first New Years Bowl trophy for the MAC.

WMU: 17
Wis: 7
01-02-2017 12:10 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(01-02-2017 11:36 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 11:01 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  I have Western Michigan with the upset 38-31. I doubt Wisconsin will take them lightly, it's just that I feel Wisconsin is overrated . Top MAC schools play well against Big Ten middle to top tier teams.Western having this much time to prepare for them is a positive . I think the Badgers will have a hard time stopping their offense. They're not a one trick pony that can either only run or pass. We'll find out how elite they really are.

Curious as to why you think Wisconsin is over rated. Their 3 losses were to the #7,#4 and #2 team. Each by one score. But they also sport 3 top 10 wins over #8,#5, and #7. They had the 11th most difficult schedule. Maybe because they're offense isn't very dynamic?? They're not the kind of team to drop 60 on anyone.

I don't like Wisconsin. I don't like cheese heads.They're overhyped and Choke when it matters. I haven't like them since dating back to when NIU played them at Camp Randall and got screwed by their Big 10 refs. They poach our recruits. It's personal. Nothing statistical about it. Beat tha Badgers! Go Broncos! Go PJ! Go NIU!04-rock
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 12:19 PM by BDB5yp.)
01-02-2017 12:17 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
I will say that since the playoffs started it has really taken away the big time feel for the other games like this years orange bowl, sugar that were so big when the BCS was used. Kinda ashame.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 02:47 PM by HuskiePride12.)
01-02-2017 12:58 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

05-stirthepot Wonder who STF is rooting for?
01-02-2017 01:13 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Now they are trailblazers. I guess WMU has another new slogan. Those helmets are already pretty crowded.
01-02-2017 01:16 PM
Advertisement

SiegInc Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU, Auburn
WMU is gonna get spanked:

Badgers - 43
Broncos - 10

PeeJ can flap his arms and jump up and down all he wants, his antics won't change the talent disparity that will show itself.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 01:25 PM by SiegInc.)
01-02-2017 01:19 PM
niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tuck Foledo
This one's gonna get ugly. 49-7 kind of ugly.
01-02-2017 01:30 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Wow. Badgers are shredding the Bronco D.
01-02-2017 01:31 PM
SiegInc Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU, Auburn
Lol that look on PJ's face said it all, the look of inevitability.
01-02-2017 01:31 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

WMU isn't the powerhouse team that Houston or Boise were in previous access bowl games. They barely beat Ohio in the MAC championship and even we gave them a game. I love the Cinderella story and would like for pj to win even if it's just to expedite him leaving WMU but I think this will get uglier. Blow out for the Badgers.
01-02-2017 01:37 PM
Advertisement

niu_1087 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tuck Foledo
(01-02-2017 12:58 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  I will say that since the playoffs started it has really taken away the big time feel for the other games like this years orange bowl, sugar that we're so big when the BCS was used. Kinda ashame.

Yeah. I also don't think WMU got the media scrutiny we did heading into the game because no one really cares about these bowls anymore.
01-02-2017 01:55 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

Wow WMU lucked out. That was a fumble
01-02-2017 02:03 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
WMU winning would be good for the conference, mostly want them to hang in there or win to shut up the P5 "they don't belong" power mongers.

Lets go Broncs!
01-02-2017 02:07 PM
Skinut Offline
1st String

Nice drive.
01-02-2017 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.