Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Camping world stadium
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
Camping world stadium
Are they not sitting people in the upper deck? I've noticed every ACC game there has no one in the upper decks. Is it not safe?
12-31-2016 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

green Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
RE: Camping world stadium
[Image: 640px-Citrus_Bowl_-_Upper_Deck.jpg]

Camping World Stadium would undergo a $200M reconstruction in 2014 ... upper-level bleacher seating was retained but the entire lower bowl was demolished.
-- wiki

FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 01:16 PM by green.)
12-31-2016 12:49 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
My guess is that they don't open the upper deck until the lower bowl is sold out. They don't have the expense of ushers, clean up, concessions, etc. Plus it looks better on TV. Most people wouldn't pay attention to the upper deck.

EDIT: in greens post (link) it does look like there were a few people in the upper deck.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 03:41 PM by Wolfman.)
12-31-2016 03:38 PM
Advertisement

green Online
Hall of Famer

[Image: C02osdjXAAAsKCR.jpg]

BEHOLD
01-06-2017 12:54 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(01-06-2017 12:54 PM)green Wrote:  [Image: C02osdjXAAAsKCR.jpg]

BEHOLD

Is it just hard for them to sell out? I don't think I've ever seen a bowl there filled.
01-06-2017 08:20 PM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
They opened 1 upper deck side for each game (Miami & Louisville). Wolfman is right it cuts down on cost. These games were very hard to sell tickets for. The options for teams were very slim due to the CFP pushing the both bowls down a level. The BWW bowl is suppose to match B10 vs SEC but there were no B10 teams to choose from after the CFP, Orange and Cotton took them. We were left with choosing a 2nd ACC school. There were 5 potentials but we ultimately narrowed it down to FSU and Louisville (over Miami, Pitt, VT). VT had just played in the ACC championship and it was thought that they wouldn't return with as strong a fan presence. Ultimate, the Orange bowl had the pick before us and chose FSU along with Michigan (both would have played in Orlando in past selections). The SEC was worse as that league was Alabama and the 11 dwarves. It came down between a choice of the committee between Tennessee (8-4) and LSU (7-4). LSU got the nod because they ended their season less disappointingly than Tennessee and was thought to bring more fans. I disagreed, Tennessee was closer and their fans love to vacation in FL. With the RABowl, West Virginia was a no brainer. We had the 3rd choice of the B12 and glad to get the eastern school. Out of the 5 ACC teams available above, Miami was the 2nd choice.
01-07-2017 11:54 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Agreed...Vols would've been the better choice for travel reasons.
01-07-2017 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Orlando also suffers from "too much stuff" syndrome. There is what, 57 theme parks there now? It's going to be tough for them to fill out the stadium with locals.
01-07-2017 02:18 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(01-07-2017 02:18 PM)Wolfman Wrote:  Orlando also suffers from "too much stuff" syndrome. There is what, 57 theme parks there now? It's going to be tough for them to fill out the stadium with locals.

Orlando suffers from way too many toll roads...I would hate to live there.
01-07-2017 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
green Online
Hall of Famer

(01-07-2017 11:54 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Out of the 5 ACC teams available above, Miami was the 2nd choice.

[Image: C02osdjXAAAsKCR.jpg]

https://twitter.com/RussellAthBowl/statu...00/video/1

ICYMI Canes fans took over @CWStadium to watch Canes Football beat WVU 31-14 @RussellAthBowl
-- @dboggs24

as the photo & link attest ...
Miami alone sold north of 30,000 tix ...
not too shabby for an out-of-towner's supposed disinterest in a 2nd-tier bowl ...

MICKEY MOUSE & FRIENDS
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 04:30 PM by green.)
01-07-2017 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.