Nice gig he had as he was making 300k

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/.../95925808/
12-28-2016 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
RE: OT - Tyrone Nix has been fired
See what gets me about that 300k is that at some point USM has to quit screwing around and put up some money. If we want to truly be successful and elevate this program, all programs, then we have to start paying for good coaches. We complain about how crappy this conference is, and lord knows it is, but we aren't paying these coaches on the same level as those crappy conference mates are. Hopson may turn out to be a great HC for us, but we should have ponied up about 1 mil and got us a name that generated some excitement around here. We are never going to move forward with this mindset.
12-28-2016 05:02 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
You can't "pony up" money that you don't have. It just isn't there. Schools like MTSU and the Florida schools are charging their students out the wazoo for "athletics fees". And they have huge enrollments. Our state govt will never allow us to do that, on top of the fact that it's not exactly ethical. We are going to have to overachieve while paying lower salaries going forward. You don't have to like hearing that, I don't even like saying it. But those are the facts.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 05:33 PM by Eagle9.)
12-28-2016 05:33 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(12-28-2016 05:02 PM)EagleFWB Wrote:  See what gets me about that 300k is that at some point USM has to quit screwing around and put up some money. If we want to truly be successful and elevate this program, all programs, then we have to start paying for good coaches. We complain about how crappy this conference is, and lord knows it is, but we aren't paying these coaches on the same level as those crappy conference mates are. Hopson may turn out to be a great HC for us, but we should have ponied up about 1 mil and got us a name that generated some excitement around here. We are never going to move forward with this mindset.
[Image: 12745532_10204277359133664_496405343729507566_n.jpg]
12-28-2016 05:34 PM
EagleFWB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USM
So if Monken had stayed and his contract was up, then what? Would we have said "I'm sorry but we are going to have to reduce your pay this contract because we can't pony up the money"? I don't think so. E9 I hear what you are saying and there is a lot of truth to it, but had Monk stayed coming off the season we had then the money would have been there to keep him and his coaches happy. Heck, they were going to match Golding's DC salary at UTSA to keep him on board. My point doesn't change...We aren't going to move forward by back stepping on our coaching hires. If those hires are exciting and the fan base gets excited, the money will get better.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 05:57 PM by EagleFWB.)
12-28-2016 05:55 PM
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 05:02 PM)EagleFWB Wrote:  See what gets me about that 300k is that at some point USM has to quit screwing around and put up some money. If we want to truly be successful and elevate this program, all programs, then we have to start paying for good coaches. We complain about how crappy this conference is, and lord knows it is, but we aren't paying these coaches on the same level as those crappy conference mates are. Hopson may turn out to be a great HC for us, but we should have ponied up about 1 mil and got us a name that generated some excitement around here. We are never going to move forward with this mindset.

We did, with Fedora and his staff. Not sure why we did all that, got to 12 wins, and then decided to ***** out completely.
12-28-2016 06:09 PM
Eagle9 Offline
Special Teams

Well, to be fair, we were dead broke a year after Fedora left. Some of that had to do with EJ and decreased ticket sales. But most of it was because we payed Fedora and his staff and EJ and his staff more than we ever had, while also not playing a big money guarantee road game in either 2011 or 2012. After that time period Hammond was in charge and all the news about us being 2 million in the red started to come out. You can say we chickened out or whatever you want, but we had real financial problems a few years ago and something had to be done. The whole athletic department has cut back spending over the last 2 years. As a fan base, we aren't providing them with enough money to spend more. Now who's fault that is, can be debated til the cows come home. But the fact is an athletic department can only spend what it has, and it gets most of that from its supporters. Right now, we just don't have it.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 06:18 PM by Eagle9.)
12-28-2016 06:18 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Italians
(12-28-2016 06:09 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  

We did, with Fedora and his staff. Not sure why we did all that, got to 12 wins, and then decided to ***** out completely.

...yep, Larry had to play the game with G to get more money for his assistants before he agreed to be our Head Coach...

..also, heard last night about what happened with McGillis and who it looks like will be our next AD...but as you people are such tools and can't say "thank You" when I give you information I will let you stew and simmer over that a few more days....And don't you tell them either Beagle.... cause I know you know what I'm talking about and have this information as well......just let these POS's sit there with that Carl Spackler look on their faces.....buncho ediot morans.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2016 06:21 PM by Nugget's Ghost.)
12-28-2016 06:20 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Home Team
(12-28-2016 06:20 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

...yep, Larry had to play the game with G to get more money for his assistants before he agreed to be our Head Coach...

..also, heard last night about what happened with McGillis and who it looks like will be our next AD...but as you people are such tools and can't say "thank You" when I give you information I will let you stew and simmer over that a few more days....And don't you tell them either Beagle.... cause I know you know what I'm talking about and have this information as well......just let these POS's sit there with that Carl Spackler look on their faces.....buncho ediot morans.

Eat my arse
12-28-2016 06:32 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

FWIW, I haven't been told anything about the AD search.
12-28-2016 06:36 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 06:32 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  

Eat my arse

Suq Madiq.
12-28-2016 06:39 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 06:36 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  FWIW, I haven't been told anything about the AD search.

[Image: tenor.gif]
12-28-2016 06:42 PM
TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(12-28-2016 06:39 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

Eat my arse

Suq Madiq.

Keine Sorgen, jetzt sagen Sie mir, was Sie wissen
12-28-2016 06:46 PM
AndreWhere Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 06:42 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 06:36 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  FWIW, I haven't been told anything about the AD search.

Is that actually you, NG? If so, ****... you're prettier than Rachel Madcow.
12-28-2016 06:58 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 06:46 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 06:09 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  We did, with Fedora and his staff. Not sure why we did all that, got to 12 wins, and then decided to ***** out completely.

Eat my arse

Suq Madiq.

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch Aber Italienisch ist meine zweite Sprache
Bennett hat seinen Mann zu unserem nächsten Sportdirektor.
12-28-2016 07:03 PM
Advertisement

TheChosenOne Offline
1st String

(12-28-2016 07:03 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 06:20 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ...yep, Larry had to play the game with G to get more money for his assistants before he agreed to be our Head Coach...

Eat my arse

Suq Madiq.

Onestamente questo non sarebbe una sorpresa
me. Questo gruppo è un scopa a grappolo
12-28-2016 07:10 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 07:10 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 07:03 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 06:32 PM)TheChosenOne Wrote:  Eat my arse

Suq Madiq.

Onestamente questo non sarebbe una sorpresa
me. Questo gruppo è un scopa a grappolo

Sì, sono più cazzata di un kardashian
12-28-2016 07:16 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
Banned

(12-28-2016 06:58 PM)AndreWhere Wrote:  
(12-28-2016 06:42 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  

Is that actually you, NG? If so, ****... you're prettier than Rachel Madcow.

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-28-2016 07:25 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(12-28-2016 06:20 PM)Nuggets Ghost Wrote:  ..also, heard last night about what happened with McGillis and who it looks like will be our next AD...but as you people are such tools and can't say "thank You" when I give you information I will let you stew and simmer over that a few more days....And don't you tell them either Beagle.... cause I know you know what I'm talking about and have this information as well......just let these POS's sit there with that Carl Spackler look on their faces.....buncho ediot morans.

When the news broke, my assumption was McGillis decided to dust off his resume' and GTHO of Dodge after the Big 12 decision killed our near-term AAC hopes, but reports from the coconut telegraph aren't backing up that hypothesis.
12-28-2016 10:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.