Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lauf's Brother Scores 50
Bookmark and Share
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Lauf's Brother Scores 50
NORTHVIEW 77, NAPOLEON 72

Northview held off Napoleon for a home Northern Lakes League boys basketball win Friday despite a 50-point effort from Brett Lauf.

Logan Jessing and Sam Clear paced Northview with 26 points each, while Colton Snow scored 10.

Lauf hit seven 3-pointers and 11 free throws. Reid Sonnenberg had 12 points for Napoleon.
12-24-2016 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: Lauf's Brother Scores 50
Any indication that he might become a Rocket? (I haven't followed recruiting.)
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2016 09:14 AM by Toledo Football 1st.)
12-24-2016 09:14 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Lauf is not rated in the top 80 Ohio seniors. Toledo has signed two of the top 16.
12-26-2016 09:57 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(12-26-2016 09:57 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Lauf is not rated in the top 80 Ohio seniors. Toledo has signed two of the top 16.

Quote:Lauf hit seven 3-pointers

He sounds like the perfect DI recruit, for anyone playing against us.
12-26-2016 10:50 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I would at least suggest that Coach K try to get him to walk on at Toledo. Scholarships seem to open up every season here so he would be able to prove his value and then get on scholarship.
12-26-2016 10:54 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Pretty sure the Jessing kid is the brother of the Jessing woman who played post for WMU. I played a lot of pickup ball with his dad who played football at Wayne State. Sonnenberg sounds familiar, too. Big time high jumper at UT named Sonnenberg.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 11:06 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
12-26-2016 11:04 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
The Napoleon Sonnenberg might be a relative, but the son of the UT Sonnenberg that sounds familiar is a 6'4" Freshman on the JV team at St. Francis.
12-26-2016 11:57 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
(12-26-2016 10:54 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  I would at least suggest that Coach K try to get him to walk on at Toledo. Scholarships seem to open up every season here so he would be able to prove his value and then get on scholarship.

K has never given a scholarship to a former walk-on. Not even Wonnell, who got regular playing time.
12-26-2016 12:07 PM
Henry Burlingame Offline
Special Teams

(12-26-2016 11:04 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Pretty sure the Jessing kid is the brother of the Jessing woman who played post for WMU. I played a lot of pickup ball with his dad who played football at Wayne State. Sonnenberg sounds familiar, too. Big time high jumper at UT named Sonnenberg.

I don't know if you're kidding, but Barry Sonnenberg was a 7-foot basketball center for UT in the early 80's who was also an excellent high jumper. Barry died unexpectedly a few years ago. He had an up-and-down career playing for Nichols but at his best he was a very good player.
12-26-2016 12:15 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(12-26-2016 12:15 PM)Henry Burlingame Wrote:  
(12-26-2016 11:04 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Pretty sure the Jessing kid is the brother of the Jessing woman who played post for WMU. I played a lot of pickup ball with his dad who played football at Wayne State. Sonnenberg sounds familiar, too. Big time high jumper at UT named Sonnenberg.

I don't know if you're kidding, but Barry Sonnenberg was a 7-foot basketball center for UT in the early 80's who was also an excellent high jumper. Barry died unexpectedly a few years ago. He had an up-and-down career playing for Nichols but at his best he was a very good player.

Not kidding, exactly. Most folks here recognize Sonnenberg name but most probably associate it with hoops where he rarely played until he was a senior. Sonnenberg was a 7' high jumper at UT. His track prowess far exceeded his hoops ability although I think he held the career blocked shot record at one time. I think UT listed him as 6'9".
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016 01:23 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
12-26-2016 01:21 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-26-2016 01:21 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(12-26-2016 12:15 PM)Henry Burlingame Wrote:  

Not kidding, exactly. Most folks here recognize Sonnenberg name but most probably associate it with hoops where he rarely played until he was a senior. Sonnenberg was a 7' high jumper at UT. His track prowess far exceeded his hoops ability although I think he held the career blocked shot record at one time. I think UT listed him as 6'9".

Barry won the MAC in the high jump.
12-26-2016 09:17 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Brett Lauf is averaging 29 points per game along with 6 rebounds and 5 assists. He's getting offers from DII and DIII schools. Plays point guard. He also holds Napoleon's soccer career scoring record.
01-06-2017 10:45 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Brett Lauf scored 45 last night in a loss to Southview and made nine 3-pointers.
02-04-2017 09:40 AM
Dwight Offline
1st String

02-04-2017 10:27 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
I don't put too much stock in lighting up the score board in HS. I think Jordan Lauf averaged more than 20 pts a game in HS and he barely averages 6 pts a game. I know he brings more to the floor than offense, but it's not too often I've seen HS scoring averages translate to college. I bet Roberts averaged more than 10 pts a game plus a ton of assists. I know his floor time is limited, but I also think his offensive abilities are limited by the college game. Players are faster, stronger and more athletic than an average HS roster.

With that being said, are we looking at the younger Lauf?
02-04-2017 10:32 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(02-04-2017 10:32 AM)emanoh Wrote:  I don't put too much stock in lighting up the score board in HS. I think Jordan Lauf averaged more than 20 pts a game in HS and he barely averages 6 pts a game. I know he brings more to the floor than offense, but it's not too often I've seen HS scoring averages translate to college. I bet Roberts averaged more than 10 pts a game plus a ton of assists. I know his floor time is limited, but I also think his offensive abilities are limited by the college game. Players are faster, stronger and more athletic than an average HS roster.

With that being said, are we looking at the younger Lauf?

Hard to say-Josh Freelove got 26 a game in HS and hardly saw the floor with us. Went on to be a big scorer for Buffalo. Jordan seems to be a reluctant scorer, rather than a bad one.
02-04-2017 11:02 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

This is the type of player ( Lauf), UT should have walk on if not offer. Coach should look down his bench and see he has right now little to offer to bring on the floor, to include Atway. Why not bring Lauf on.
02-04-2017 12:01 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Must game at BGSU if Toledo wants to remain in the race for a west title. Will Jon Jon be playing, anyone knows?
02-04-2017 12:03 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

(02-04-2017 12:01 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  This is the type of player ( Lauf), UT should have walk on if not offer. Coach should look down his bench and see he has right now little to offer to bring on the floor, to include Atway. Why not bring Lauf on.

I can't believe that no Division I team would offer this guy a scholarship. Sometimes it seems like coaches out-think themselves.
02-04-2017 01:06 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(02-04-2017 01:06 PM)Dwight Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:01 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  This is the type of player ( Lauf), UT should have walk on if not offer. Coach should look down his bench and see he has right now little to offer to bring on the floor, to include Atway. Why not bring Lauf on.

I can't believe that no Division I team would offer this guy a scholarship. Sometimes it seems like coaches out-think themselves.
I think with his brother being a grad assistant next year (employee of the university?) he would pay no tuition as a walk-on I would love to see him walk-on and then if proves good enough give him a scholarship.

I would not be opposed to giving him a 1 year make good scholarship as well (like Nick Rogers) but only if they don't fine an adequate big man and according to Verbal commits there are 3 offers out there to young men I consider adequate big men.
02-04-2017 01:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.